Official Jon Gruden Thread VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly this. He was informed he would not be back for 2013. It was expressed that he could go out however he wanted. Apparently finishing out the season worked for everybody.

Is this your opinion or are you stating it as fact???

I know it ain't gonna happen, but he fits the bill. Oregon isn't really a top notch program, they're killing it now, but that's all on Kelly. The guy is an offensive mastermind. Give him an SEC DC, and it would be terrifying.

I'd probably give Nike's CEO, the new facilities he paid for and the jerseys some of the credit. No doubt Chip Kelly is a great coach but all of that stuff helped him get top talent. He's been able to do so well with all of that speed and I'm not sure how much top talent wants to go to Oregon without all of the added stuff from. Granted, winning over time would bring in talent but I think Nike's CEO brought in top talent before the ball was really rolling just because kids liked the facilities and uniforms. Now that you see Chip Kelly tearing it up, it's an easy decision.

Fwiw, I hate most of Oregon's uniforms although recruits really seem to be into it. I did like Oregon's against USC quite a bit though.

the-top.jpg

the-full-uniform-from-the-back.jpg

Yeah... those were pretty awesome. And I've watched a video of their facilities before. It was like a night club for the players to hang out. Might have even had a waterfall, it was really nice.

So he was informed he was going to be fired at seasons end

Only Donald Trump actually even uses the word fired. It is a juvenile mentality. When I "fire" someone, I never say "your fired". If I say that, it means they are not really fired. If I say, you are not going to be working with us anymore. That is when its real.

im aware that no one is proven right or wrong yet, but it cracks me up how some posters have been hating on Boro and the guys, citingLarry's opinion, and now the guy just flips his whole story.

Reactions: 6 people
Only Donald Trump actually even uses the word fired. It is a juvenile mentality. When I "fire" someone, I never say "your fired". If I say that, it means they are not really fired. If I say, you are not going to be working with us anymore. That is when its real.

He's playing a verbal Gotcha game. Semantics.

im aware that no one is proven right or wrong yet, but it cracks me up how some posters have been hating on Boro and the guys, citingLarry's opinion, and now the guy just flips his whole story.

Very True. Those missed out on truly understanding the state of things.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe I have missed something but don't get all the LWS bashing. Didn't he only say that Gruden was not coming. Its not like he has filp flopped because he is just saying a posible big hire, still no mention of Gruden.

I'm making an assumption (yes, I know what happens when you assume) that Larry is laying the groundwork for a flip flop. If Gruden is hired, he can go back to this point. He has heard something.

Bruin believes Boro's info is bad and Boro believes it is good.....please can't we leave it at that today? Can't we just all get along?

Reactions: 3 people
I'd probably give Nike's CEO, the new facilities he paid for and the jerseys some of the credit. No doubt Chip Kelly is a great coach but all of that stuff helped him get top talent. He's been able to do so well with all of that speed and I'm not sure how much top talent wants to go to Oregon without all of the added stuff from. Granted, winning over time would bring in talent but I think Nike's CEO brought in top talent before the ball was really rolling just because kids liked the facilities and uniforms. Now that you see Chip Kelly tearing it up, it's an easy decision.

Fwiw, I hate most of Oregon's uniforms although recruits really seem to be into it. I did like Oregon's against USC quite a bit though.

the-top.jpg

Yeah... those were pretty awesome. And I've watched a video of their facilities before. It was like a night club for the players to hang out. Might have even had a waterfall, it was really nice.

Maybe someday the blue hairs will understand that things like New/different uniforms attract recruits. If you wanna win you gotta accept change.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe I have missed something but don't get all the LWS bashing. Didn't he only say that Gruden was not coming. Its not like he has filp flopped because he is just saying a posible big hire, still no mention of Gruden.

I am in no way bashing Larry. He has been a very reputable poster through the years. I will say this, however. When the handful of guys that started giving us consistent info about Gruden coming, LWS continued to say that TN would not pay big money for a coach. He even suggested 1.7 mil a year as what we would pay. I think he was more giving his opinion rather than what he actually knew at the time.

I'm sure he doesn't care, but he is late to the party on the idea that we will now pay the big bucks for a proven coach. Just my $0.2

I believe it as fact based upon where the information came from. That has never changed.

You can take it for whatever you please.

That's fair. I have never questioned your belief in what you have told here.

Do you believe that part of the puzzle is important to the end result being Gruden is our coach?

I'm making an assumption (yes, I know what happens when you assume) that Larry is laying the groundwork for a flip flop. If Gruden is hired, he can go back to this point. He has heard something.

And probably from a different source than most on here which is even better.

I know this is your stance, but you have to admit it has merit on the surface. Why is Dooley offering 2* kids all of a sudden? Why is his demeanor so bad? Just food for thought. I personally think he does know that he is done. We shall see.

Exactly, his demeanor is one of a let go coach and has been like that starting after Miss St. So that tells me he's gone. Sounds like by offering these 2* kids he is forcing the next coach to either stick with it or tell them their scholly has been pulled, which doesnt look good on the next Coach. Dooley is acting like a Di%7 if its indeed what he is doing. And after hearing how unliked he is by everyone in the administration and that he is an arrogant a$$ then it doesnt surprise me at all.

the-top.jpg

That's just the thing, Oregon is a recruiting wasteland and i think the best class Kelly has brought in was only ranked 9th, last years class was one spot ahead of us, he knows how to eval talent for his system and knows how to develop players. Give him access to our budget and facilities (ours aren't too bad either) and i think we would be a machine. The nike thing does help tho.

Do you believe that part of the puzzle is important to the end result being Gruden is our coach?

Really? Are you asking for his opinion just so you can bash him?

Bruin believes Boro's info is bad and Boro believes it is good.....please can't we leave it at that today? Can't we just all get along?

Maybe its just me but it sounds like Thrasher and bruin have something personal against Boro. Their post/quotes to him seem a little aggressive imo.

Integral. You can't accept a job when there is none publicly available, but you can negotiate when one is privately available.

Reactions: 1 person
Is that supposed to be profound? You guys can ride each others coat tails off 1 insiders info just as easily.. I'd believe that before I believed that all of you got this magic Gruden info from various sources.

Sorry bro you havent been on here long enough to make accusations. Those guys are as solid as they come on a messageboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back