Recruiting Forum: Football Talk II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really. Some boosters want Hart to make a move soon, but Hart is stubborn and really likes Dooley. So who knows.

It honestly wouldn't be smart from a recruiting standpoint to fire a coach without a big name waiting to accept. If and only IF Dooley gets fired, there should be a 3-day fire&hire window. If anything, nothing should happen IMO until after the Kentucky game.

Not really. Some boosters want Hart to make a move soon, but Hart is stubborn and really likes Dooley. So who knows.

Something to think about, its entirely possible that Vols win last 4 by double digits each game. If by chance they then win the bowl game i think perception wise it might be difficult to replace DD.

Reactions: 1 person
Something to think about, its entirely possible that Vols win last 4 by double digits each game. If by chance they then win the bowl game i think perception wise it might be difficult to replace DD.

Maybe. No wins against the top competition in the SECE the last 3 years is hard to argue. There is also that little thing called the KY game last year. At this point, he has done little to show he is any better than Joker Phillips.

My opinion won't change even if he steamrolls everyone left on the schedule and wins a bowl. I may be in the minority at that point, who knows.

I would prefer to play Oregon over KState.

And in regards to a trap game if UA beats LSU we win the West unless AU pulls the major upset and I doubt Saban will be nice in that game at home. Even a loss to aTm still has UA 1st in the SEC West.

Yes, this week is the big one. LSU revenge factor, a super tough home team especially under the lights... You win this, you "should" represent the SEC in the NC game. However, in the SEC Championship game, Georgia does have the NFL horses on defense... :popcorn:

Ohh im not arguing he should or shouldnt go, public perception is a driving force behind this this mess. An example is would we know DD record against top 25 is 0fer if it wasnt thrown at us by CBS or ESPN?? Yet how often to you heat of Richts 3 and 14 record against top 25 last 17.

3 coaches in 3 years devestated the roster, if you question that remember how many o line starts we had going into Dooleys first year.

Maybe. No wins against the top competition in the SECE the last 3 years is hard to argue. There is also that little thing called the KY game last year. At this point, he has done little to show he is any better than Joker Phillips.

My opinion won't change even if he steamrolls everyone left on the schedule and wins a bowl. I may be in the minority at that point, who knows.

Best example of the fanbase i can use is Tauren Poole, no matter if he was wrong or right he quit on his team under Kiffin,walked right off the sideline. When Kiffin leaves fans laude TP for sticking up against the devil and becomes a fan favorite.Skip ahead to Uf Ut this year, team quits and were back to square one.

Best example of the fanbase i can use is Tauren Poole, no matter if he was wrong or right he quit on his team under Kiffin,walked right off the sideline. When Kiffin leaves fans laude TP for sticking up against the devil and becomes a fan favorite.Skip ahead to Uf Ut this year, team quits and were back to square one.

I was done with him when he quit. No excuse for that BS.

Reactions: 1 person
Yes, this week is the big one. LSU revenge factor, a super tough home team especially under the lights... You win this, you "should" represent the SEC in the NC game. However, in the SEC Championship game, Georgia does have the NFL horses on defense... :popcorn:

I will be surprised if LSU scores more than seven points on Saturday.

I think Bama wins fairly easily.

I've personally given up any hope that we will see substantial improvements on defense this year. We're 7 games in and there's no tangible signs of improvement.

I think our focus on offense should be to score as many points as we can. And I think the hurry up offense gives us the best chance of doing that. It seemed to work well at times in the Georgia, USC, Florida and MSU games. There were stretches where we moved the ball almost at will. And nobody left on our schedule has a defense anywhere close to those guys.

I definitely agree there - put up as many points as possible - on defense hope for a few stops or a turnover or 2 to be the difference in the game

pinfish brought up a good point to on the timing of the big plays - they aren't happening when the team is gassed so you have to think it is some combination of preparation/playcalling/athleticism but not that they are getting worn down

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back