Baseball Recruiting Class Ranked No. 20

Just curious when was the last time Tennessee even had a #1 overall seed to blow? Hell when's the last time Tennessee was a national seed?

Were not the first #1 seed to lose our regional am we definitely won't be the last.

Y'all couldn't even beat us once in one of our worst years. When we sent 12 players to the major leagues.

Still waiting on your list of elite programs?????

Very excited to see if Missouri state, Stoney brook, Louisiana Lafayette, kent state, and all the other one trip to Omaha programs are on your list!!!!!

Very excited to see if Missouri state, Stoney brook, Louisiana Lafayette, kent state, and all the other one trip to Omaha programs are on your list!!!!!

This really shows your stupidity here. Vandy consistently finishes in the Top of the SEC year in and year out while finishing in the Top 25 year in and year out. All under Corbin.

All those teams you mentioned havent done that. When your produce such talent and consistently win enough to be a top team in the nation and the SEC every year, then that team is elite.

Just because you are a little ***** who has a major insecurity complex about Corbin and the Vandy program becasue a) you feel that you were personally harmed by them or b) you played for UT does not mean Vandy is not elite.

This really shows your stupidity here. Vandy consistently finishes in the Top of the SEC year in and year out while finishing in the Top 25 year in and year out. All under Corbin.

All those teams you mentioned havent done that. When your produce such talent and consistently win enough to be a top team in the nation and the SEC every year, then that team is elite.

Just because you are a little ***** who has a major insecurity complex about Corbin and the Vandy program becasue a) you feel that you were personally harmed by them or b) you played for UT does not mean Vandy is not elite.
Enlighten me on your list of elite programs..

Be careful make sure they all belong being included on the list.

Include number of trips to Omaha and national titles in your evidence that they all belong in that list.

Side note: elite talent doesn't insure elite status for a program. ONLY RESULTS!!!!

Enlighten me on your list of elite programs..

Be careful make sure they all belong being included on the list.

Include number of trips to Omaha and national titles in your evidence that they all belong in that list.

Side note: elite talent doesn't insure elite status for a program. ONLY RESULTS!!!!

Right now or ever? If you want ever then it will take a lot of time I dont have

Right now or ever? If you want ever then it will take a lot of time I dont have

Corbin era

Let me help you!!!

14 programs have been to omaha 3 or more times since Corbin has taken over. Georgia is one of those teams and I doubt anybody here is going to claim they are elite. 8 teams have been there 5 times in that timeframe.

Rice, Texas, Stanford, South Carolina, North Carolina, Miami, LSU, and Fullerton. Those are elite programs!!!!

Certainly candy doesn't belong in a group that has been 5 times to Omaha unless winning when it doesn't matter earns in the regular season earns elite status.

Last edited:
Corbin era

Let me help you!!!

14 programs have been to omaha 3 or more times since Corbin has taken over. Georgia is one of those teams and I doubt anybody here is going to claim they are elite. 8 teams have been there 5 times in that timeframe.

Rice, Texas, Stanford, South Carolina, North Carolina, Miami, LSU, and Fullerton. Those are elite programs!!!!

Certainly candy doesn't belong in a group that has been 5 times to Omaha unless winning when it doesn't matter earns in the regular season earns elite status.

If RESULTS in the postseason is the only thing that matters to you then you would be right but winning in the postseason is not the only requirement to being elite or else teams like Georgia would be in there.

I am hoping you are smarter than this

If RESULTS in the postseason is the only thing that matters to you then you would be right but winning in the postseason is not the only requirement to being elite or else teams like Georgia would be in there.

I am hoping you are smarter than this

Ever considered winning both in the regular season AND postseason is a prerequisite for being considered as an elite program?

I listed my 8 elite programs. Surely your smart enough to either list your group of elite programs or argue why your underachieving program deserves the same distinction as those 8 programs??????

Are MO Sate, SB, and ULL finishing with top 5 recruiting classes?

Read my other post in the other thread. I'm not hear to fight and argue. I'm trying be cordial with you guys.

Are MO Sate, SB, and ULL finishing with top 5 recruiting classes?

Read my other post in the other thread. I'm not hear to fight and argue. I'm trying be cordial with you guys.

Vandy is elite in recruiting and developing great talent but as I have stated that doesn't make you an elite program because the results are missing.

I didn't go to Belmont. Bruin is a high school mascot deal.

Vandy is elite in recruiting and developing great talent but as I have stated that doesn't make you an elite program because the results are missing.

I didn't go to Belmont. Bruin is a high school mascot deal.

I'll give you that the results aren't all the way there. But being an elite program is more than just wins and losses.

Like I said, I wouldn't put us in the conversation with Florida and SC, but we are on the cusp of being there.

Now the only way to just any naysayers up is to make another trip to Omaha and bring a national Championship(other than women's bowling) back to Nashville.

Reactions: 1 person
I'll give you that the results aren't all the way there. But being an elite program is more than just wins and losses.

Like I said, I wouldn't put us in the conversation with Florida and SC, but we are on the cusp of being there.

Now the only way to just any naysayers up is to make another trip to Omaha and bring a national Championship(other than women's bowling) back to Nashville.

Losing Your pitching coach hurts for sure but in all seriousness there is no excuse for not going to Omaha on a every other year pace. Maybe you get there but IMO Corbin's coaching style will keep that from happening. His teams fade at years end for a reason and his approach is the reason IMO.

Sure, being elite is more than wins and losses, but when it comes down to it, that's what holds the most weight. You can't be elite without winning at the highest level. Vandy is a good to great program, but not elite.

Since were basing "elite" on going to the CWS, Lets break it down one step further and look at the men who have recruited those players who made up those "Elite" teams. I'll just cut to the chase and point to the fact that DS has been to the show 7 times with 2 different programs! Proof is in the pudding boys :) With that said, Corbin and DS were once friends, but since DS came to UT, Corbin won't even say hi, fact! You know what that makes him? Genetically flawed! I'll match up this coaching staff to any in the country, crazy make up!

Reactions: 1 person
Sure, being elite is more than wins and losses, but when it comes down to it, that's what holds the most weight. You can't be elite without winning at the highest level. Vandy is a good to great program, but not elite.

But they have won at the highest level. They havent won it all but they have won at the CWS. Also winning several SEC championships is high level

But they have won at the highest level. They havent won it all but they have won at the CWS. Also winning several SEC championships is high level

See my examples of what winning at the highest level for elite programs really means and you will notice you guys are far from the status your are so desperate to claim.

Guys, this is a silly argument. Vanderbilt has established themselves as one of the best baseball programs in the SEC, the best conference in America. Whether that makes them "good" or "elite" or "great" or "terrible" is a matter of how you define those terms. We all know how good Vandy is. The words we choose to describe them are really irrelevant. Its also important to add that Vandy is definitely better than us at the moment, without argument.

Guys, this is a silly argument. Vanderbilt has established themselves as one of the best baseball programs in the SEC, the best conference in America. Whether that makes them "good" or "elite" or "great" or "terrible" is a matter of how you define those terms. We all know how good Vandy is. The words we choose to describe them are really irrelevant. Its also important to add that Vandy is definitely better than us at the moment, without argument.

We certainly would love to trade places that's for certain!

Nah, I like Serrano's track record. I think they will do big things at UT and be on Vandy's level soon.

I would take DS over TC anyday but the assistant coaches weren't comparable a year ago. holiday is now the head coach at Oklahoma state and Johnson. I am not sold on our guys at all.

Strong words!

Before this newest change at vandy would you have traded?

Too early to tell. Let his 2013 recruits, the first class Serrano was here to recruit for the full cycle, get here and show what they can do as sophomores. Then and only then can we evaluate his recruiting and development. Until then, it's like watching the cleanup after a building has been demolished. It's gonna be ugly until the new construction begins to take shape and we can see what is really being built. Patience!

VN Store

Back