Official Jon Gruden Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then all other arguments I am staying out of. The only one that interests me is do you think we have a chance at Gruden yes or no and give me reasons why.

Allowing other people to negotiate on UT's behalf, specifically those that have no fiduciary duty to the university, would be a colossal mistake. And an AD like Hart would know this. At least I hope he would.

What if these boosters promised something that UT could not agree to?

All I'm saying is that whatever talks or negotiations are going on with any prospective new coach are going through the AD's office first and foremost.

May be wrong but I have heard it works just the opposite. The boosters keep the AD informed but the AD can deny all if it falls thru by saying I didn't offer him to begin with.

Reactions: 1 person
May be wrong but I have heard it works just the opposite. The boosters keep the AD informed but the AD can deny all if it falls thru by saying I didn't offer him to begin with.

AND if the boosters promised something the AD couldn't live up to then he simply wouldn't give the guy a contract to sign

Didn't think it was. Just interested.

I think several here are spot on with their assessment of the situation. Like I've said all along, the details are important.

JayVols and some others are hypocrites that belittle others who they believe are trying to steal their e-cred or have differing insight.

What do you expect him to say?

I was behind in reading this thread when I posted that.. I wrote from the perspective of OCI being credible and having sources and thought that's something he might say.. I had not read any of the stuff about him trolling folks when I wrote that.. On the other hand one would probably write the same thing even if they were trolling.. Much like a person called out for being a narc, you say no, I'm not whether you are or you aren't...

Oh what a web we weave, when first we practice to deceive..

I think several here are spot on with their assessment of the situation. Like I've said all along, the details are important.

JayVols and some others are hypocrites that belittle others who they believe are trying to steal their e-cred or have differing insight.

I don't know anything about e-cred so I won't speak to that.

This is my last attempt.

It's years of reliable posts and people vouching for you.

That's all you got on a public message board on the interwebz.

This is not Watergate and the world will still turn if Gruden goes to coach developmental football in Germany. You are tilting at windmills and I have nothing against you. Believe the guy or don't. It's okay.

Actually, I agree with you and I've asked questions but have received no answers.

Can you link some reliable posts from JayVols or list some things he's called correctly in the past?

I just think Jay is out for e-cred and it looks bad when he calls out others for posting rumors or things they claim to have heard.
You have the right to believe what you want to so I am going to leave this alone but I in no way agree with you. Fair enough?

Jay, sorry to be that guy, but I'm on mobile and don't have a good signal so it's hard to sift through pages and pages. Could you sum up the important stuff from this afternoon/night?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back