Official Jon Gruden Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
mags.jpg

Still no one even attempts to debate this issue. Not surprising.

Fonz, with respect, it appears you want to debate or deal in absolutes. That simply is not possible at this point; this is a fluid situation.

The fact is this is a message board; people have anonymity. Some will use that as an opportunity to troll while others actually attempt to bring some actual information they may be privy to. It is up to each one of us to determine who is who; we should all be skeptical. We are also free to stay clear of this speculation.

What I feel is disingenuous is to group everyone together; some people are actually honest and passing along real information they receive. I happen to believe Jay and OV are in that group; you don't have to do the same.

Reactions: 1 person
Don't mistake our silence as an admission of the quality of this one-man debate.

It's not getting any traction with the vast majority of people here.

Who would have ever thought that someone would dare to post rumors in a thread dedicated to rumors and speculation. The nerve of some people.

Just roll with it or don't. Who really cares who wins an internet pissing contest?

That's exactly the point I'm trying to make.

You sure?

I would call this spreading rumors.. or it could be just passing along bad information.

10/21 JayVols

Quote:
Was told Dooley had the choice to resign or be fired by Monday. I hsve no clue if it's reliable.

Dude - did you read the last sentence? Mommy called and your pj's are on your bed, knight light is plugged in, and be sure to brush your teeth. Gruden Night.

Oci got called out because he didn't stop with a deal is in place. He claimed to personally talk to coaches that will be on staff. He claimed gruden made decisions about the training facilities among other crazy post. Absurd

I don't agree with OCI nor the Babyavi dude I brought up last week. This forum has been full of absurdities. I can't determine why some get called on it and others don't.

Speaking of being vague or using generalities:

You clearly imply that Jay said (spreading rumors) Dooley would be fired last Monday. He didn't. You could always provide the exact quote and context to support your claim.

To me it appears he has been very honest to share what information he has. To compare Jay to the OCI situation (or e-cred seekers) is disingenuous, in my opinion.

Not worth it, bro. Don't take the bait.

Fonz, with respect, it appears you want to debate or deal in absolutes. That simply is not possible at this point; this is a fluid situation.

The fact is this is a message board; people have anonymity. Some will use that as an opportunity to troll while others actually attempt to bring some actual information they may be privy to. It is up to each one of us to determine who is who; we should all be skeptical. We are also free to stay clear of this speculation.

What I feel is disingenuous is to group everyone together; some people are actually honest and passing along real information they receive. I happen to believe Jay and OV are in that group; you don't have to do the same.

Fair point again. I'll just say when one group of declared insiders who post rumors, start calling out others who do the same, that's where I have a problem.

Thank you for the response.

Quote:
Was told Dooley had the choice to resign or be fired by Monday. I hsve no clue if it's reliable.

Dude - did you read the last sentence? Mommy called and your pj's are on your bed, knight light is plugged in, and be sure to brush your teeth. Gruden Night.

If you don't believe something to be true, then why post it? E-cred in case it happens? You tell me.

I don't agree with OCI nor the Babyavi dude I brought up last week. This forum has been full of absurdities. I can't determine why some get called on it and others don't.

This is my last attempt.

It's years of reliable posts and people vouching for you.

That's all you got on a public message board on the interwebz.

This is not Watergate and the world will still turn if Gruden goes to coach developmental football in Germany. You are tilting at windmills and I have nothing against you. Believe the guy or don't. It's okay.

He will come in to close the deal I would think

Allowing other people to negotiate on UT's behalf, specifically those that have no fiduciary duty to the university, would be a colossal mistake. And an AD like Hart would know this. At least I hope he would.

What if these boosters promised something that UT could not agree to?

All I'm saying is that whatever talks or negotiations are going on with any prospective new coach are going through the AD's office first and foremost.

And yet you just called Jay out for stating that he heard something and said he wasn't sure if it was reliable? :eek:k:

I just think Jay is out for e-cred and it looks bad when he calls out others for posting rumors or things they claim to have heard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back