Official Jon Gruden Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, we are both entitled to our opinions and I respect yours. You're correct in that I choose to trust what Jay and OV have provided. Could they be wrong? Absolutely, but I believe them to be honest and genuine. I also feel they have been very consistent from the beginning even with this being an admittedly fluid situation.

There is nothing wrong with skepticism; I don't blame you. I do think comparing Jay and OV to what OCI has done is ludicrous.

What has OCI done? I feel I missed something.

Please explain how I'm the fool for pointing out the hypocrisy?
What hypocrisy? If you have proof of such then you would need to show direct posts/quotes from the person who you are accusing of hypocrisy. Do you have any? If not then please let it go. Thank you!

Reactions: 1 person
Why would Hart mention Gruden to Skeeter? Have you seen anything that would indicate that Hart tells Skeeter everything going on in the department? Basillio says that the boosters are doing the negotiating, not Hart. At this point with UT not being able to do anything officially, it would make a lot of sense for Hart to keep his distance.

It also would make a lot of sense if the guys who have been giving information are getting it from booster sources, not the AD. That would explain why a lot of the normally reliable posters were clueless, as I believe most of them get their info from the AD.

While the boosters may be the money behind the decision, I find it hard to believe that the AD would not be an active participant or even leading the negotiations for the most important position in the athletic department (economically speaking).

If Hart isn't leading the discussions then what is UT paying him for?

Sure, we are both entitled to our opinions and I respect yours. You're correct in that I choose to trust what Jay and OV have provided. Could they be wrong? Absolutely, but I believe them to be honest and genuine. I also feel they have been very consistent from the beginning even with this being an admittedly fluid situation.

There is nothing wrong with skepticism; I don't blame you. I do think comparing Jay and OV to what OCI has done is ludicrous.

Fair point, but don't you think it's odd they call out OCI and others out for being late to the party when confirming things, then later call them a fraud for (to use your terms) sharing what they've heard?

Still no one even attempts to debate this issue. Not surprising.

Don't mistake our silence as an admission of the quality of this one-man debate.

It's not getting any traction with the vast majority of people here.

Who would have ever thought that someone would dare to post rumors in a thread dedicated to rumors and speculation. The nerve of some people.

Just roll with it or don't. Who really cares who wins an internet pissing contest?

What hypocrisy? If you have proof of such then you would need to show direct posts/quotes from the person who you are accusing of hypocrisy. Do you have any? If not then please let it go. Thank you!

Proof of what? It's a rumors forum. That's kind of been my point.

Fair point, but don't you think it's odd they call out OCI and others out for being late to the party when confirming things, then later call them a fraud for (to use your terms) sharing what they've heard?

Oci got called out because he didn't stop with a deal is in place. He claimed to personally talk to coaches that will be on staff. He claimed gruden made decisions about the training facilities among other crazy post. Absurd

While the boosters may be the money behind the decision, I find it hard to believe that the AD would not be an active participant or even leading the negotiations for the most important position in the athletic department (economically speaking).

If Hart isn't leading the discussions then what is UT paying him for?

He will come in to close the deal I would think

Hey jay, I missed your original posts on the situation. Are you with SBV in that it is a done deal?

I have said I was 90% sure earlier in the week. It has gone up since then. Nothing is 100% until a contract is signed. Having said that, I think it would take a monumental collapse for it not to happen.

Why would Hart mention Gruden to Skeeter? Have you seen anything that would indicate that Hart tells Skeeter everything going on in the department? Basillio says that the boosters are doing the negotiating, not Hart. At this point with UT not being able to do anything officially, it would make a lot of sense for Hart to keep his distance.

It also would make a lot of sense if the guys who have been giving information are getting it from booster sources, not the AD. That would explain why a lot of the normally reliable posters were clueless, as I believe most of them get their info from the AD.

AD meaning athletic department.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back