Does SHHS have a snowballs chance....

rockymountainvol

against DB on Friday? I live in Aurora (Denver) CO now and have been listening to the games on wjcw when I can. It seems that SHHS has lost some talent due to transfer and injuries. I was shocked SHHS allowed 41 pts against Tennessee High.
I know DB is ALWAYS loaded....
Just wanted to see what others in the Tri-Cities area thought about this game and the chances SHHS may have to pull of the upset.

against DB on Friday? I live in Aurora (Denver) CO now and have been listening to the games on wjcw when I can. It seems that SHHS has lost some talent due to transfer and injuries. I was shocked SHHS allowed 41 pts against Tennessee High.
Just wanted to see what others in the Tri-Cities area thought about this game and the chances SHHS may have to pull of the upset.
This is a topic for Coach T. . com, the best site for HS sports.

It should be a great game and I will be there. I believe DB will win but Science Hill has a good team and will not be easy.

Best Science Hill team in 2 decades, but also the best DB Team in 2 decades. Science Hill will put some points up thru the air, but I say
DB by 20 imo. On the other hand I believe the Toppers could take down the Vols, they have a vaunted passing attack.

Reactions: 1 person
Look at it this way, when was the last time Science Hill had a thread in this forum???

It was 3 years ago when they were starting a coaching search and started to construct the new stadium. (Also not sure why someone would recommend CoachT when this is a dedicated High School forum. I'm sure Freak would appreciate the traffic and CoachT isn't exactly burning it up these days...)

In any case, you never know with this game. Most seem to think that this will be a shootout where we could see 100 points between them. For Science Hill to have a chance, they will have to keep pace with DB on offense and play a perfect game turnover wise.

It remains to be seen if SH can stop DB when it matters. I think you can look at the TN High game as an anomaly regarding the Defense. TN High was clicking and SH looked a little flat. If you throw out that game, SH and DB are pretty close in terms of average points allowed on Defense.

Then there is the streak which all of us SH alumni would like to see come to an end (17 years, 11 months, 29 days come Friday; 18 games).

Science Hill did lose a couple that transferred to "basketball schools." They've also lost at least one interior lineman due to injury.

And for what its worth:

DB is ranked 4th in the state 6A poll, SH is 5th. Both teams are 9-0 and will be playing for the conference championship, as well as a possible No. 1 seed in the playoffs.

SH sold out its allotment of tickets inside of 3 hours on Monday. DB may very well knock the s&$t out of SH Friday night, but it should be one hell of an atmosphere, for an hour at least :)

Oh, SH's QB, Reed Hayes, wears Steve Spurrier's old number 11 that he wore during his days on the hill. And deservedly so, the kid can flat out play QB.

Last edited:
SH played some inspired football. A couple of critical mistakes by SH and some big time plays by DB's dynamic duo were the difference. Great game. This could become one of the top high school games in the state.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back