New forum: Coaching Rumors and Speculation

I agree in large part that, part of the problem is part coaching but more in players making plays. Let's face it, our talent level is somewhat better than 2-3 years ago, but still not up to top 6 teams in the SEC thus we are where we are. If you could make comparisons percentage wise to the talent currently in the SEC, I would guess UT would be in the lower 30% overall. We will have to have better recruiting as well as better coaching to become relevent once again. With 14 teams now in the SEC the task of recruiting becomes much more difficult and with so little instate talent it further compounds the problem. The posibility of UT remaining in the bottom of the SEC is suddenly becoming a reality....I hope as everyone else does that we can once again become a frontrunner, but don't hold your breath....it may indeed never happen or not for a very long time..........Very Sad... but sometimes reality sucks

Reactions: 1 person
Clyde HoeHandle will be announced as the new head coach at UT on Monday October 29th. HoeHandle comes from a rich tradition of HoeHandler's and agrees he can get things growing in Knoxville one again. He once Hoed a 4 acre field in less than 8 hours and his crop was simply outstanding. HoeHandle agree's what we need around here are some good harvests and quality hemp plants to lighten the mood. HoeHandle expects that under his tutaledge we will be flying high in no time and he says even if we happen to lose.. we won't care... or we won't remember. So lets all get behind coach HoeHandle and give him our total support, he says we will be "highly" rewarded.....after all you reap what you soe!
Is this what you get after 5-6 years of losing?

LMAO @ believing anything on wikipedia, LOL.

Anyone can post anything on that garbage site, LMAO!

ONLY when AD Hart says something can you really believe it and not before.

VFL...GBO!!!

Actually, studies show Wikipedia to be the most accurate encyclopedia service (even better than britt). Also, errors are corrected much quicker than others as you can see be the Gruden page.

Alot of rumblings and upset boosters. But, one in particular said not one of them has stepped up to the plate and commit to pay the buyout.

That statement gives credibility they have been asked about it.

But, it also shows no one so far is willing to do it. After the USCjr game, perhaps someone gets ready to do so. However, this makes me feel nothing has happened with Gruden except some calls to see if interested. TIFWIW

But, I had this convo with someone who does know a booster very well.

Word is Sylvester Croom is coming and will bring Kenny Miles as his WR coach. Montori Hughes will coach both lines and Eric Crouch will coach QBs. OC Ed Orgeron will handle the offensive reins and Congressman Ron Paul will be the DC.
Book it!
Lovie Smith lent his plane to go round 'em up!

If Dooley finishes 7-5 and only loses to top 20 teams which we were expected to lose, then he will have made substantial progress over the previous two years. "Substantial progress" is the criteria that Hart laid down for Dooley to be retained.

I would also note that both Kiffin and Fulmer (in his last year) lost games to unranked teams which we were favored to beat.

The bottom line is that Dooley took over this program on short notice right before NSD when it was an absolute train wreck that had the lowest level of talent in the modern era and was under the threat of NCAA sanctions. Dooley accepted the job as a five year rebuilding effort at a time when Tennessee was a job that nobody else was willing to take on. After only two and a half years into what everyone expected to be at least a five year project we have made huge strides in the offense,.especially in the run game and pass protection -- statistically, we are now among the most potent offenses in the nation. Overall, our special teams play is far better than before Dooley took over (especially the kickoff and punt coverage) and most importantly, in contrast to the latter Fulmer years and the year of "the Kiffin", Dooley has vastly improved the overall level of talent on our roster by targeting recruits who are not only outstanding football players, but who are young men of character as well.

The final task is to make the necessary changes on defense to bring it up to the same level as the offense, and based on what he has accomplished so far, I have every confidence Dooley will get that done, making Tennessee a contender once again. Overall, it is extremely hard for any rational person to deny that Dooley has met and even exceeded the criteria set down by Hart to retain his job.

Tennessee will reach its goal of competing for championships much faster if the fan base will just get behind our team and stop sabotaging our recruiting efforts by constantly going on public message boards to gripe and call for Dooley to be fired. Apparently they do not understand that even if their wish were to be granted, those very actions make it highly unlikely that a quality replacement for Dooley would be willing to take the job.

mlsoft

Your posts are way too long.

bamacheats

Ok so names that arent mentioned but I think could be good hires...

Kliff Kingsbury - Young, Kiffin Like in Style. We all drank the punch with Kiffin, but we knew he didnt have any loyalty and was filled with controversy. Kingsbury has been running an amazing offense both at Houston and Texas A&M, with the receiver talent we have and QB potential imagine how much more powerful a team we could have. This hire is unlikely, but I expect him to be a future big time coach.

Mark Stoops- Last name is enough. But add what he has experience at a BIG time school as compared to a Louisiana farm school (cut to Dooley) and we have a coach that has experience playing tough teams and dealing with Florida's regularly.

Tee Martin - Not as an immediate HC but bring in say oooooh, Cutcliffe then make him coach in waiting for a couple years then put tee in control. (Like what dallas cowboys did with jason garrett only crossfingers this works out better).

Jim Leavitt - His strictness will help our program as we need someone to handle these personalities and get them in line. The offensive skill players act like the are NFL divas and need someone to put them in check. Leavitt also has shown he can build programs, even from ground up.

I have proven some of my contacts to those of you who were on here a few days ago. I heard the same thing that OCI and SBV has heard. So with that being sad, i have no reason to question things. Just let things play out instead of gettin mad. Everything will come out. If it turns out we are wrong, i, like OCI will never post on here again. If we turn out being right like i completely believe we are then guess what?? John gruden is our coach.

I post this because some of you question credibility. If i have some proven cred, then i am sure the others do. If not, then they dont. But i am quite sure they do. everything they have said in the past has been true.

Kliff Kingsbury - Young, Kiffin Like in Style. We all drank the punch with Kiffin, but we knew he didnt have any loyalty and was filled with controversy. Kingsbury has been running an amazing offense both at Houston and Texas A&M, with the receiver talent we have and QB potential imagine how much more powerful a team we could have. This hire is unlikely, but I expect him to be a future big time coach.

Mark Stoops- Last name is enough. But add what he has experience at a BIG time school as compared to a Louisiana farm school (cut to Dooley) and we have a coach that has experience playing tough teams and dealing with Florida's regularly.

Tee Martin - Not as an immediate HC but bring in say oooooh, Cutcliffe then make him coach in waiting for a couple years then put tee in control. (Like what dallas cowboys did with jason garrett only crossfingers this works out better).

Jim Leavitt - His strictness will help our program as we need someone to handle these personalities and get them in line. The offensive skill players act like the are NFL divas and need someone to put them in check. Leavitt also has shown he can build programs, even from ground up.

Yeahhh.....No.
Those would be worse than Kiffin.
If you want to go start your own college program with mediocre season and a loss in the Nut Bowl every year, then by all means, go hire one of those.
We need a big time HC that can come in right away and change things.
BOB Stoops, Gary Patterson, Gruden...any of those would work.

I agree in large part that, part of the problem is part coaching but more in players making plays. Let's face it, our talent level is somewhat better than 2-3 years ago, but still not up to top 6 teams in the SEC thus we are where we are. If you could make comparisons percentage wise to the talent currently in the SEC, I would guess UT would be in the lower 30% overall. We will have to have better recruiting as well as better coaching to become relevent once again. With 14 teams now in the SEC the task of recruiting becomes much more difficult and with so little instate talent it further compounds the problem. The posibility of UT remaining in the bottom of the SEC is suddenly becoming a reality....I hope as everyone else does that we can once again become a frontrunner, but don't hold your breath....it may indeed never happen or not for a very long time..........Very Sad... but sometimes reality sucks

I agree with you for the most part, but here's the problem that makes it a little complicated... We have had a higher ranked recruiting class than KY, Vandy, and most importantly Miss St for the past 3-4 yrs, yet we get beat by Miss St, Ky, and get lucky on a pick 6 last yr with Vandy(who will push us to the limits again this year). So on paper and on the field, we should have better athletes across the board, yet look at our production--- here is where lack of coaching/development rears its ugly head that you can't argue much with. I hate to think what type of players some of these kids might be by now under another focused staff who has gotten the most out of them.

add--- Peyton Manning in two years... comes in as QB coach for a season, then OC, the BMOC! :peace2:

This can't be serious. Your list contains a coach that has already failed at Arizona, a wide receivers coach, an offensive coordinator that for some reason did not realize LSU was going to force him to keep manziel in the pocket, and a slightly above average coach that would be a PR nightmare.

Reactions: 2 people
I have proven some of my contacts to those of you who were on here a few days ago. I heard the same thing that OCI and SBV has heard. So with that being sad, i have no reason to question things. Just let things play out instead of gettin mad. Everything will come out. If it turns out we are wrong, i, like OCI will never post on here again. If we turn out being right like i completely believe we are then guess what?? John gruden is our coach.

SBV is a respected poster. His posts have been interesting no doubt.

OCI will be right regardless of what happens cause he has called everything under the sun. Surely, one of his countless predictions will come to fruition.

You, on the other hand, are straight up FOS.

IMO

I,ll go ahead and say good bye to you and oci in advance then...Dooley ain,t going anywhere....

If we lose tommorrow ( very likely) then Dooley must win out to keep his job. A month ago I thought that it was probable hat UT would win the last 4 games, now it is very much in doubt. Troy is better that people thought, Vandy is better , Mo is due to play a decent game sometime and Ky beat us last year with a third string QB. At this point , none of those 4 games is a sure win. We may end up 6-6 or worse. 6-6 or worse is not survivable for Dooley - no matter how "nice" he is . I am sure Dooley is smart enough to know this. This team showed real potential in the NC state game, wtf happened since? By the way, some of you have wriitten that Miss Stateis a great team= well we will know for sure by Sat night this week. I dont think they are.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back