Dooley, telling players like it is ;)

Joe Vols

Telling a player like it is, and telling the world what you told the player, are 2 different things. I wonder how Dooley would like it if Dave Hart just came out and said this?

Dooley has never coached a team up to play at an SEC level for an entire game, and I think Dooley knows that?

Reactions: 5 people
Telling a player like it is, and telling the world what you told the player, are 2 different things. I wonder how Dooley would like it if Dave Hart just came out and said this?

Dooley has never coached a team up to play at an SEC level for an entire game, and I think Dooley knows that?

kettlecallingpotblack.jpg

If I was a player that would be my response....with a few F bombs or 2.

bray deserved that and what dooley said was the truth.if you can't take the criticism for playing bad,maybe he shouldn't be a qb.also,if he thinks it's bad now,when or if he gets drafted to a team and plays that poorly.what will it be like?he's not going to be able to go hide and not talk to the press.it's total immaturity on brays part.....

Reactions: 11 people
bray deserved that and what dooley said was the truth.if you can't take the criticism for playing bad,maybe he shouldn't be a qb.also,if he thinks it's bad now,when or if he gets drafted to a team and plays that poorly.what will it be like?he's not going to be able to go hide and not talk to the press.it's total immaturity on brays part.....

This + 1000. If this had happened 2 years ago, Bray may be NFL ready. I do not blame Dooley at all for holding players accountable.

Reactions: 3 people
Bray had an opportunity to speak for himself and he refused.

Dooley is completely justified in his statements about Bray.

Reactions: 6 people
There is a right way to handle things. Praise in public and correct in private. I spank my 6 year old daughter if she deserves it but I don't do it in front of an audience. What Dooley said is fine but it needs to be done behind the door. Then he as the leader of the team needs to simply say it has been addressed. Not many people on this earth can be called out in public and take it as a learning experience and respect who held them accountable. 99% of the population is not motivated by this type of leadership style. Bray does not seem to be the type that can be handled that way.

Reactions: 4 people
What did coach tell the players on his reasoning for kicking the field goal.I give up?Players usually take on the personality of their coaches.This may explain alot.Maybe someone needs to remind DD and staff this is not La Tech.Just a thought.

That's when he uses that as motivation to work harder as a HC. Look there are kids their age getting chewed out by some old hateful construction forman on a job site in front of everybody or a drill instructor at Paris island in front of everybody. My old crew leader done it plenty of times on the job site. Dude your getting a free ride to college something that kids your age weren't blessed with so they had to seek other options in life. Life ain't always gravy, man up take the constructive criticism and work harder. Soft ass kids

Reactions: 16 people
As a wise football coach told me(40+ years at the HS level) You have to treat different players different ways. So players respond well to a good loud scolding, so respond well to a private session of encouragement!

There is a right way to handle things. Praise in public and correct in private. I spank my 6 year old daughter if she deserves it but I don't do it in front of an audience. What Dooley said is fine but it needs to be done behind the door. Then he as the leader of the team needs to simply say it has been addressed. Not many people on this earth can be called out in public and take it as a learning experience and respect who held them accountable. 99% of the population is not motivated by this type of leadership style. Bray does not seem to be the type that can be handled that way.

I agree but would you take Dooleys word on it if he said its been addressed? How many times have we heard that? It's same stupid BS with this team that goes all back to zero discipline.

Your statement is what is wrong with kids today.....lets not upset them bc they are fragile....lets tell them they are doing a great job at all times...they need to be disciplined and told they are making mistakes in public if need be....help make them mentally tough to face the real world....I work for the railroad and let me tell you that if your thin skinned you would never make it here....its time we quit wussifying our kids

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back