2013 F Austin Nichols (Memphis Briarcrest)

Agreed and heard that he was in Starkville last nite and I do think that is a good sign for Vols although I don't read too much into it.

I think so too. I mean he could have waited until his visit to have seen UT play. Or he could have went to that wonderful Memphis game lol.

Agreed and heard that he was in Starkville last nite and I do think that is a good sign for Vols although I don't read too much into it.

Yes Austin was at the game last night.

Guess he wasnt interested in watching the highly anticipated C-USA showdown between ECU and Memphis.

Chose to drive 3+ hours to watch the Vols instead.

Last edited:
A lot of recruits tryto play mind games to keep ppl interested. Everyone thought Teague was 50/50 t UL or UK. When he sat down to announce he was wearing all red.(i assume on purpose) Put on blue hat. This kid probably wants ppl to be clueless until he announces.

Hey I went to the MM at Memphis and to the Vols game at Starkville....guess where I'm going to play my college ball????? Oh by the way that pepper spray stuff burns like red hots...man we were just busting up some old blue haired dudes in the upper deck at FEDEX Forum...ya know...kicking and having a little fun....and here comes MPD...yeah...spraying that can of stuff all up in my face and....oh...sorry...thought I was still giving my statement"....

Hey I went to the MM at Memphis and to the Vols game at Starkville....guess where I'm going to play my college ball????? Oh by the way that pepper spray stuff burns like red hots...man we were just busting up some old blue haired dudes in the upper deck at FEDEX Forum...ya know...kicking and having a little fun....and here comes MPD...yeah...spraying that can of stuff all up in my face and....oh...sorry...thought I was still giving my statement"....

:blink:

A lot of recruits tryto play mind games to keep ppl interested. Everyone thought Teague was 50/50 t UL or UK. When he sat down to announce he was wearing all red.(i assume on purpose) Put on blue hat. This kid probably wants ppl to be clueless until he announces.

Teague was probably really U of L to the very last minute. I played high school in Indiana graduated a year ahead of him. All people ever talked about was Teague to Louisville. He had pretty much made it known. Just happens. Hopefully Austin doesn't do the same.

To expand, you have to take teams that are steps down about 95% of the time.

You think that the Big 12 wanted to trade TAMU with WVU? It's good for WVU though, and the best option for the Big 12.

You seem to have trouble comprehending the concept of expansion.

What part of the above post counters the point that adding Memphis was a step down for the Big East, from the schools the Big East has lost?

So, the Big East is "expanding." LOL.
The Big East is desperately adding anyone who is actually in a worse conference situation, in an attempt to save the league.
The reality is that if one of the other five BCS leagues offers a Big East team, the Big East team will leave. That is true for all Big East members.

Also, "expansion" is what the ACC, SEC, Big Ten, and Pac-12 have done recently. They expanded by adding new members and losing no existing members. The Big 12 did not "expand." They used to have 12 members.

Last edited:
What part of the above post counters the point that adding Memphis was a step down for the Big East, from the schools the Big East has lost?

So, the Big East is "expanding." LOL.
The Big East is desperately adding anyone who is actually in a worse conference situation, in an attempt to save the league.
The reality is that if one of the other five BCS leagues offers a Big East team, the Big East team will leave. That is true for all Big East members.

Also, "expansion" is what the ACC, SEC, Big Ten, and Pac-12 have done recently. They expanded by adding new members and losing no existing members. The Big 12 did not "expand." They used to have 12 members.

He realized he was gonna lose the step down argument, so he shifted his argument. To another one he was gonna lose, its simple logic really. Lulz

Just wanna throw something out here that I was thinking about...

You can tell a lot about a recruitment of a player by what th staff is doing IMO...what I mean is take Nichols for example.

Your big players are thought to be duke, Memphis and Tennessee.

Memphis staff has been actively recruiting bigs Coleby, and Williams in addition to Nichols. Their staff has been really pursuing them and pushing hard for those 2 other guys...

Meanwhile...Tennessee staff has been pursuing ZERO other bigs. Staff hasn't do much as even really watched or scouting any other bigs lately...

Tells me staff for Tennessee still feels real good about Nichols...if I heard they were here or there watching this big, or contacting that post...I'd wonder a bit about their position with Nichols...but the fact the staff hasn't waivered at all says a lot IMO.

Just wanna throw something out here that I was thinking about...

You can tell a lot about a recruitment of a player by what th staff is doing IMO...what I mean is take Nichols for example.

Your big players are thought to be duke, Memphis and Tennessee.

Memphis staff has been actively recruiting bigs Coleby, and Williams in addition to Nichols. Their staff has been really pursuing them and pushing hard for those 2 other guys...

Meanwhile...Tennessee staff has been pursuing ZERO other bigs. Staff hasn't do much as even really watched or scouting any other bigs lately...

Tells me staff for Tennessee still feels real good about Nichols...if I heard they were here or there watching this big, or contacting that post...I'd wonder a bit about their position with Nichols...but the fact the staff hasn't waivered at all says a lot IMO.

Coleby is going to Ole Miss. Looks like Williams may be going to Wva.

Yes Austin was at the game last night.

Guess he wasnt interested in watching the highly anticipated C-USA showdown between ECU and Memphis.

Chose to drive 3+ hours to watch the Vols instead.

Like I said, the Memphis game was in Greenville, North Carolina. So, no he wouldn't want to drive there to see that.

I'm not sure what you're saying, but my point wasn't where they're going(as I knew where Coleby was going at time of that post) it was what the staff is doing.

Just one less to concentrate on at this point....maybe two if Williams chooses Wva. Not making any point, just saying that Coleby s no longer in the picture but Aki was recruiting him. I think Pastner is recruiting Nichols. Not sure who's on Williams. I don't think Coleby would have affected the Nichols position anyway. I think they would be looking at Williams and Nichols as a 4.

Just one less to concentrate on at this point....maybe two if Williams chooses Wva. Not making any point, just saying that Coleby s no longer in the picture but Aki was recruiting him. I think Pastner is recruiting Nichols. Not sure who's on Williams. I don't think Coleby would have affected the Nichols position anyway. I think they would be looking at Williams and Nichols as a 4.

Agree on that, but it's a little late to turn it on is my point. What I was saying is it was telling Memphis staff was still recruiting 3 bigs, Tennessee staff hasn't contacted any and is only pursuing Nichols...that was my point, that they must feel damn good about their chances or theyd atleast be looking at backup plans.

In fact, their back up plan they had in place, they informed him not to visit that they were pulling the offer...he has since committed to Minnesota.

VN Store

Back