Bama game time??

Aren't the espn noon games primarily for the Big 10 and other bad conferences? We re either sec network or ESPN For this game I think.

Typically that's the case, yes. This week, ESPN has one fewer BigTen game to show because of off weeks, so they will use an SEC game to fill the slot.

Typically that's the case, yes. This week, ESPN has one fewer BigTen game to show because of off weeks, so they will use an SEC game to fill the slot.

Just wondering - did you mean this weekend or the Alabama/UT weekend ? (I noticed several Big 10 games with no time yet on the UT/Alabama week) I really dont see ESPN wasting that game as a noon start over primetime

Just wondering - did you mean this weekend or the Alabama/UT weekend ? (I noticed several Big 10 games with no time yet on the UT/Alabama week) I really dont see ESPN wasting that game as a noon start over primetime

UT-Alabama weekend.

Here's the deal for ESPN/ESPN2 that weekend:

ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 will each show a game at noon. Either Virginia Tech-Clemson or BigTen game will air on ABC, while the other will air on ESPN2.

ESPN2 has a game at 3:30, but that can't be an SEC game.

In the primetime window ESPN and ESPN2 aren't set on gametimes. One network will have a single game at 7:45, followed by Sportscenter. The other will have a game at 7:00 and the Oregon State-Utah game at 10:15. The SEC game will be played on ESPN.

Of those open slots, Noon on ESPN, And 7 or 7:45 on ESPN will feature an SEC game. It will be either Noon or primetime.

I hate a noon game! We usually start tailgatin about 9 and around noon things are gettin good. I like the later game, hopefully TN can have a good game and get the primetime slot with Bama.

I hate a noon game! We usually start tailgatin about 9 and around noon things are gettin good. I like the later game, hopefully TN can have a good game and get the primetime slot with Bama.

Agreed. I'm not sure if I'll leave after work around 9pm on Friday or 5am on Saturday morning if it's a noon kickoff.

Agree - let them show the snoozer LSU vs TAM game at noon -- those Aggies are up early anyway

UT-Alabama weekend.

Here's the deal for ESPN/ESPN2 that weekend:

ABC, ESPN and ESPN2 will each show a game at noon. Either Virginia Tech-Clemson or BigTen game will air on ABC, while the other will air on ESPN2.

ESPN2 has a game at 3:30, but that can't be an SEC game.

In the primetime window ESPN and ESPN2 aren't set on gametimes. One network will have a single game at 7:45, followed by Sportscenter. The other will have a game at 7:00 and the Oregon State-Utah game at 10:15. The SEC game will be played on ESPN.

Of those open slots, Noon on ESPN, And 7 or 7:45 on ESPN will feature an SEC game. It will be either Noon or primetime.

So basically it's going to be at noon. Common sense would dictate that they're not going to have LSU/aTm, a game that features two ranked teams, play at noon and then put the UT/Bama game, which is likely to be a 40 point blowout, on in primetime. According to the schedule, UGA/Kentucky are playing at 7:00. Wouldn't that game have made more sense for the noon slot so you could get the big SEC west matchup AND the #1 team in the nation on in primetime?

lsu and a&m should be noon. the tennessee bama game has never been played at noon that i can recall. tn vs bama is college football's best rivalry hands down.

Reactions: 1 person
regardless if it has been on at noon before if it goes on at noon this time it will show just how far we have fallen. it's another insult to the program if they put us on at noon.

regardless if it has been on at noon before if it goes on at noon this time it will show just how far we have fallen. it's another insult to the program if they put us on at noon.

That's one aspect of it but back in '07 there wasn't the same TV contract in place. Maybe that day LSU and UF played as well and got the 3:30 slot.

So basically it's going to be at noon. Common sense would dictate that they're not going to have LSU/aTm, a game that features two ranked teams, play at noon and then put the UT/Bama game, which is likely to be a 40 point blowout, on in primetime. According to the schedule, UGA/Kentucky are playing at 7:00. Wouldn't that game have made more sense for the noon slot so you could get the big SEC west matchup AND the #1 team in the nation on in primetime?
40 point blowout.....haha

I thought it was the 3:30 game on CBS, but I think you're correct that it was earlier in the day. Nice recollection!

I know 100% that it was because I distinctly remember being irritated that the TSIO was going to be televised in the archaic Standard Def because at that point JP hadn't upgraded their broadcast to HD. What a joke.

SC and Fla should be 3:30 CBS
TN and Bama should get Late game on ESPN when was the last time you seen the #1 team playing in the 12:00 time slot.

SC and Fla should be 3:30 CBS
TN and Bama should get Late game on ESPN when was the last time you seen the #1 team playing in the 12:00 time slot.

When was the last time you had two top 20 teams playing at noon either? Regardless of which game gets picked up, the noon game is going to seem kind of out of place. Not real sure why ESPN chose the UK/UGA game for primetime when it was so tailor-made for a noon kickoff. I really hope we don't get stuck playing at noon. It kills any sort of fun day of tailgating and Neyland will be DEAD if the game starts that early.

I feel like after a big win at MSU we will get the 3:30 time slot and Neyland will be rocking! GO VOLS

I feel like after a big win at MSU we will get the 3:30 time slot and Neyland will be rocking! GO VOLS

I don't think the 3:30 timeslot is even in consideration. While it's history says the TSIO is one of college football's biggest rivalries, it's not really a rivalry from a competitive standpoint right now. Now chance CBS chooses our game over a likely matchup of 2 top 5 teams. I think CBS took the extra week to see the outcome of the USCe/LSU matchup to see whether they need to go to Gainesville or College Station next week.

I hope we get them at night. We be loud and rowdy...maybe accidently throw a couple of their fans out of the stadium......from the top row of the upper deck. Ha ha ha... We used to do that in the mid-80's...they would be screaming "we got 14" all the way down to the pavement....good times!

VN Store

Back