'13 GA DT Kelsey Griffin

It's more that there just hasn't been much talent in the state the past 2 years.

This year, SC only offered 6 or 7 in state guys. Of the top 5 guys, 2 are committed to SC, 1 to Clemson, 2 out of state (Ohio St and UGA). Last year was similar. Carolina only offered a handful of instate guys and did well recruiting those few guys.

Thanks for the info. I was too lazy to look up the numbers. I don't keep up with SC recruiting much. I just know some bad mama jammas come out of Rock Hill (JC7 and CP84).

Three weeks ago, Griffin sat in front of TV cameras and made a public commitment to UGA that the Bulldogs were not ready or willing to accept. It was an embarrassing situation for all parties.

“All I have to say is that things didn’t go as planned,” Griffin said. “I prayed about it, I went to God about it and I talked to my parents about it. Things worked themselves out, and I’m happy to be with South Carolina right now.”

INSIDER: Kelsey Griffin speaks out about UGA, South Carolina | AJC College Sports Recruiting

UGA has 27 commitments and appears to be holding two spots along the defensive line for Dooly County’s Montravius Adams and Toby Johnson of Hutchinson junior college.
Kelsey Griffin: South Carolina lands 4-star DT who tried to commit to UGA (UPDATED) | AJC College Sports Recruiting

Last edited:
Three weeks ago, Griffin sat in front of TV cameras and made a public commitment to UGA that the Bulldogs were not ready or willing to accept. It was an embarrassing situation for all parties.

“All I have to say is that things didn’t go as planned,” Griffin said. “I prayed about it, I went to God about it and I talked to my parents about it. Things worked themselves out, and I’m happy to be with South Carolina right now.”

INSIDER: Kelsey Griffin speaks out about UGA, South Carolina | AJC College Sports Recruiting

UGA has 27 commitments and appears to be holding two spots along the defensive line for Dooly County’s Montravius Adams and Toby Johnson of Hutchinson junior college.
Kelsey Griffin: South Carolina lands 4-star DT who tried to commit to UGA (UPDATED) | AJC College Sports Recruiting

I don't think they get either one, TJ goes to TN or OU and MA goes to CU.

VN Store

Back