Recruiting Forum: Football Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would be surprised to say the least if Vandy doesn't lose by 14. UF is playing better each week. I don't see how Vandy keeps it close for long

Question for BB or others that may live in AL. Vandy commit is starting to blow up on the field and is drawing interest from a few other schools now. One being UA and I heard UT may also be looking his way. Jonathon Ford, or Rudy he goes by plays for New Hope. Not sure their competition by his stats have been pretty good for a RB this season.

1,175 yards and 21 touchdowns on just 81 carries (14.5 yards per carry)

Johnathan Ford - Yahoo! Sports

BB you heard anything on this kid and UT if they legit interest. What I read is UA is looking at him as an athlete so not sure what position we would consider him for.

I think if we lose the MSU game it could have a domino effect. We need all the positive momentum we can get going in to Bama, so that'll probably be a loss.

We'd be at 3-4 going into SC. Probably a loss because of all the turmoil surrounding another losing season and a coach on the hot seat.

3-5 is a scary possibility. I think we'll beat MSU, but it's definitely not a given.

I am very scared for this weekend too Kingston. This will be the most on edge I have been for a game in years. This is a program game. We win Dooley is likely our coach next year and we can have another great recruiting class.

We lose and we start all over again.

I agree this is make or break for Dooley. We should win this game. UT wins this game and it will give this team momentum for the rest of the season.

Reactions: 1 person
I am very scared for this weekend too Kingston. This will be the most on edge I have been for a game in years. This is a program game. We win Dooley is likely our coach next year and we can have another great recruiting class.

We lose and we start all over again.

Exactly. No way Hart can keep Dooley around at 3-5. Because then he'd be saying that beating Troy, Missouri, Vandy, and Kentucky is good enough to keep your job at UT. Also, two of those games (Vandy and Missouri) aren't guaranteed victories.

Question for BB or others that may live in AL. Vandy commit is starting to blow up on the field and is drawing interest from a few other schools now. One being UA and I heard UT may also be looking his way. Jonathon Ford, or Rudy he goes by plays for New Hope. Not sure their competition by his stats have been pretty good for a RB this season.

1,175 yards and 21 touchdowns on just 81 carries (14.5 yards per carry)

Johnathan Ford - Yahoo! Sports

BB you heard anything on this kid and UT if they legit interest. What I read is UA is looking at him as an athlete so not sure what position we would consider him for.

I'm not BB but New Hope plays 3A ball in a decent region. So he's gonna have stats that say he's better than what he is but even with that I like the kid I think he'd make a good running back kid runs hard I watched him in there win over Holly Pond. I think he'd need a redshirt year no matter where he goes though.

I'm not BB but New Hope plays 3A ball in a decent region. So he's gonna have stats that say he's better than what he is but even with that I like the kid I think he'd make a good running back kid runs hard I watched him in there win over Holly Pond. I think he'd need a redshirt year no matter where he goes though.

Thanks was not sure and thought someone said the competition was not as good as say 6A in the state. Hard worker though.

Thanks was not sure and thought someone said the competition was not as good as say 6A in the state. Hard worker though.

No it's no where near 6A but there are some good schools that produce talent at the lower levels. I think he would play at any level in the state at any school other than Oxford and Northridge. Kid works hard and runs hard he'd be better prepared to play early if he played at one of the bigger schools with a better weight program imo.

TW, BB and I and a few others were high on this kid before he committed to Vandy. (The evidence is in his thread for those interested in proving or disproving ppl on that sort of thing.) Kid is an exceptional athlete and as you said a hard worker. Glad to see he's finally getting some attention.

Dooley said that Palardy will handle field goals and extra points against MSU.

Brewer is still listed over McNeil on the depth chart, but Dooley said that there is a good chance McNeil starts.

Reactions: 2 people
Vols-Bama on Oct. 20 could be at Noon on ESPN, 3:30 p.m. on CBS or 7-7:45 p.m. on ESPN. Time will be announced on Oct. 13.

UT Football tweet

Vols-Bama on Oct. 20 could be at Noon on ESPN, 3:30 p.m. on CBS or 7-7:45 p.m. on ESPN. Time will be announced on Oct. 13.

UT Football tweet

Would hate to see our program relegated to the Vandy and Kentucky time slot. As long as we beat Mississippi State though, we should not have to worry about that.

UT Football tweet

Hopefully a win vs. MSU will be enough to keep us away from the noon start. Although something tells me the "3rd Saturday in October" has enough clout to warrant a better start time on its own.

LSU-A&M and Florida-South Carolina are the other games we are competing with for the 3 time slots. As long as we win vs MSU, I can't see it being a noon game.

Hopefully it will be LSU-A&M at noon, UF-USCe at 3:30, and UT-Bama at 7-7:45 on ESPN.

Dooley said that Palardy will handle field goals and extra points against MSU.

Brewer is still listed over McNeil on the depth chart, but Dooley said that there is a good chance McNeil starts.

Perhaps BB would like to comment on this but, wouldn't Brewer be better suited at the STAR position?

He just seems like he'd be better suited at a rover position than dropping back into coverage; where its obvious he struggles....and where's the speed we heard about over the summer??

He looks more like a hybrid LB/S to me. I dunno, JMO.

BB, thoughts?

Perhaps BB would like to comment on this but, wouldn't Brewer be better suited at the STAR position?

He just seems like he be better at a rover position than dropping back into coverage, where its obvious he struggles....and where's the speed we heard about over the summer??

He looks more like a hybrid LB/S to me. I dunno, JMO.

BB, thoughts?

JMO, but I think he's perfect for the Money position. That is a dimeback/hybrid S/LB who lines up at LB in the nickel. Sapp and Brewer have both played Money for us this season.

At Money, Brewer would be much closer to the ball so his speed wouldn't be exposed so much. He'd be asked to cover tight ends and running backs as opposed to receivers.

Against Akron, Brewer started at FS and Sapp was at LB/Money. When Brewer started getting exposed, they moved Waggner back to FS and Brewer to LB/Money.

Same thing against UGA, except this time it was McNeil replacing Brewer at FS and Brewer replacing Lathers at LB/Money.

I'd expect McNeil to get the start at FS, but for Brewer to come in at LB/Money in the nickel against MSU.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back