'13 FL RB Derrick Henry (Bama commit)

With all of this new news, I am starting to wonder if we got 2 silent commits from RBs last weekend...Green and Turman. Once that happened, maybe coaches had to tell Henry that we were full at RB.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Actually probably bad news for UT. Not sure what happened, but yesterday prior to visit UA he was interviewed by ESPN. That how his UA visit went would determine if he committed on Thursday. If not he may push it back and take an OV to UGA. Somehow UGA moved back up.

So per ESPN:

Derrick Henry update
ESPN 150 RB Derrick Henry may not be announcing this Thursday after all. I talked to him yesterday, and he told me he may push his decision back so he can take an official visit to Georgia. It sounds like the Bulldogs may be back in the picture. Henry said it all depends on how his official visit to Tuscaloosa goes this weekend. He flew in this morning. If all goes well, he could still pull the trigger for the Tide next week.

:hi:

Trying to add some drama, maybe?

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe and it is from ESPN who loves to create news that is not there. But Henry I believe always liked UGA and not really sure why he ever decommitted to be honest.

Well, he committed to UGA before Marshall and Gurley committed to us. He may have gotten caught up in the moment since his good friends committed to UGA; Ramsey, Theus, Terry, etc.

With all of this new news, I am starting to wonder if we got 2 silent commits from RBs last weekend...Green and Turman. Once that happened, maybe coaches had to tell Henry that we were full at RB.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Not sure the validity of the poster but did read on a UA board a poster say that Henry felt Green was UTs top target and that Green was probably headed to UT as long as the staff stays around. Again have no clue if true.

Well, he committed to UGA before Marshall and Gurley committed to us. He may have gotten caught up in the moment since his good friends committed to UGA; Ramsey, Theus, Terry, etc.

But we have Yeldon and Drake from the same class as those 2 and now have Jones and TP in this class. Never made since.

But we have Yeldon and Drake from the same class as those 2 and now have Jones and TP in this class. Never made since.

True, but Bama has a much better track record with RB's lately. It's about getting to the NFL and Saban has gotten the job done with Ingram and TR. That, IMO, has a lot to do with it.

Not sure the validity of the poster but did read on a UA board a poster say that Henry felt Green was UTs top target and that Green was probably headed to UT as long as the staff stays around. Again have no clue if true.

No validity in that . CJG wants Henry OR green . You know the drill.

No validity in that . CJG wants Henry OR green . You know the drill.

I would have to believe that Green has to be the top RB choice on the board. I doubt UT is the only school that has recruited him only as a RB and told him he would stay RB no matter what while he is there. Every other school including the recruiting service, except Scout, are recruiting Henry it seems as a RB. Green is a beast and both on campus you can bet they are talking with each other and sharing what is being said.

Green is the #1 RB on UT's board. Always has been. Think about this, if you are Green, and UT brings in another top RB for an OV the same weekend as you but makes it VERY clear to you (in the other recruit's presence) that you are the #1 RB, that would be quite a statement to a recruit. Just sayin'...

Reactions: 2 people
Green is the #1 RB on UT's board. Always has been. Think about this, if you are Green, and UT brings in another top RB for an OV the same weekend as you but makes it VERY clear to you (in the other recruit's presence) that you are the #1 RB, that would be quite a statement to a recruit. Just sayin'...

They tell a lot of people that they are #1 on their board. I'm not saying that it is or isn't the case, but that's strictly a recruiting tactic, and we've seen it happen consistently over the years.

Reactions: 1 person
Green is the #1 RB on UT's board.Always has been. Think about this, if you are Green, and UT brings in another top RB for an OV the same weekend as you but makes it VERY clear to you (in the other recruit's presence) that you are the #1 RB, that would be quite a statement to a recruit. Just sayin'...

Henry or green always been that way , whoever commits first

In that case, I don't love our chances.

durr_paul_rudd.gif

Yulee head coach Bobby Ramsay states that Henry will stick to his previous plan of announcing a commitment on September 27 and will be deciding between Alabama and Tennessee.

VN Store

Back