'15 JUCO RB Alvin Kamara (UT commit 6/21/14)

Actually outside of Bammers and ESPN most people were saying how overrated Michigan was. Espn had to hype the game and shove it down our throats and bammers, well that speaks for itself. Mich will be lucky to win 8the this year and thats playing in the god awful Big 10. Denard is a great player but he wont be making his money playing QB.

I have said it on UA boards all summer that UA would have no problem with UM because I thought they were over rated. I think their ranking as a top ten came because of game hype just like a few years ago when Clemson was ranked top 10 when UA played them. Everyone hyped up thunder and lightning and we showed they were not that good.

UM is a top 25 team and will 9 maybe 10 games.

Not sure i agree with that. What Ala did wasnt anything special from a scheme standpoint. They just have the speed and athletes to stop him. Denard was shut down the last 5 or so games last year. The blueprint was there before Ala played them, they just had the athletes to do it.

That is why I like Saban so much. The plays are simple. Any team that has watched UA knows pretty much knows what they are going to do every play. The difference Saban basically sayd can you stop it. Pretty straight forward. Very direct and deliberate.

He is a one trick pony. Passes even worse than Tebow. I don't think he will
Wild out on any decent team. I see what
you are doing though. Pumping them up
to keep your win look as good as their #8
ranking previously was.
Nice job. A for effort :thumbsup:

In the end ranking really does not matter. If UA executes and does what it is capable of it will not matter. Plain and simple. But in regards to rankings that for the Ok State and others outside the SEC to use for their reasoning to play for the BCS. A win is a win in the end.

I have said it on UA boards all summer that UA would have no problem with UM because I thought they were over rated. I think their ranking as a top ten came because of game hype just like a few years ago when Clemson was ranked top 10 when UA played them. Everyone hyped up thunder and lightning and we showed they were not that good.

UM is a top 25 team and will 9 maybe 10 games.

Clemson had some key preseason injuries that year too. But the gameplan they had would've still gotten them smashed. They were playing off Freshman Julio Jones like he was CP fast.

Where would this thread be if he played at any other school? We will be fine if we miss on him. We are in on many other quality backs of his caliber

From the AJC article:

Kamara has toyed around with the idea of committing within the next month, but will likely wait longer in order to take a few official visits. “I’m going to sign with a place where I feel comfortable with and where I get along with the coaching staff. It will be a place I have a special feeling about.

Time is on our side ...... :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
With him naming UGA and Bama as his two leaders, I think the ship has sailed. He's probably going to UGA and Henry to Bama. Wouldn't mind ending up with Turman and Williams. That would be a good haul.

If we're only taking 1 or 2 backs, I just don't think he's the type of RB the staff wants.

I don't see that. I'm pretty sure that UGA would be happy if he was the only back in their class. I would take he and Green over any possible two back combination. JMO.

Don't be a bozo. So are the other guys we are in on bud

This kid fits our offense better than any back on our list. His pass catching ability would be used well in an offense with our style of attack. Plus hits the hole hard and fast. Which is what our offense needs as well. You've got to remember too for as fast as this kid is he's already right at 200lbs. And he has decent power too besides running hard. I really like Kamara in our offense. And we'll see how far out of it we are with him in the end.

SN: No I'm not saying we get him.

Sorry for posting here, but am I the only one who can't open the recruiting forum football talk thread for the last couple days?

VN Store

Back