Great Middle School Programs in the State.

A team with a traditionally good middle school team is Harriman. My last year was 2006 and that year we went undefeated while beating webb and CAK twice. We also won state my 6th grade year with out only loss been to Anderson county in a close game and 7th grade year we lost in the playoffs to Oneida which was a very good team and the biggest middle school team I have seen to this day. I know before I was even in middle school they won state quite a few times as well but after my 8th grade class left they had a few down years not bad just not what they was used to but they also won state this past year. Harriman has had some pretty dang good middle school teams

Lincoln Heights in Morristown usually has a pretty stout team. Problem is, some of those kids are tugged out by HS.

Pretty awesome thread. My nephew will go into 6th grade this year at Clinton Middle School. He plays basketball but I'm trying to talk him into playing football too.

Lincoln Heights in Morristown usually has a pretty stout team. Problem is, some of those kids are tugged out by HS.

They were pretty good last year but I don't know if they will be as good this year. Our jv beat their jv last year.

I went to a middle school jamboree yesterday. Occoee was there with 57 8th graders. Good size too. Looked like a high-school team.
I heard someone say they are the largest mid school in the state. Not sure if that's true.

I went to a middle school jamboree yesterday. Occoee was there with 57 8th graders. Good size too. Looked like a high-school team.
I heard someone say they are the largest mid school in the state. Not sure if that's true.

Dang that's more then my high school is fielding this year, and we are 4A haha

I think we have 63 kids but that includes 6th, 7th, and 8th graders. Unfortunately, they look more like a peewee team than a high school team.

Our first game is tonight against West View in Morristown.

I know it isn't high school, but I was wondering about some of the better middle school programs. I would also know what kind of system they run if you happen to know.

I know that Oneida and Huntsville both have great programs in my area.

I played for huntsville back in the 80's

8th Grade wise in Knoxville same song, new year from my sources "Fulton again the team to beat" I hope to catch them this year a few times. I also hear the HS will be very solid the next few years. Haven't heard anything about other Knox County teams (8th Grade wise).... Best of luck to everyone!

Pretty sure Lincoln Heights got steamrolled by Rutledge last week.

Lincoln is down...you guys may pick them off. West view is much better than I thought...they had some 7th graders that only played varsity last year. They beat Maury last night. You guys are gonna struggle upfront. You guys have the horses to compete with anyone...I'd take Kountz, Treyson, Rooster and Devin in the backfield any day. I do think Roost is more suited to run the spread, though. He did GREAT running out of gun last year. You all could pull out a top 4, though....could've put up 50 last night if Chip wouldnt have called off the dogs...classy, though. Greenville won't be touched this year.

I looked for you last night...I'll catch you at the next home game.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow, one game! I just know they GENERALLY have a good squad. Been that way for a while.

Ok, make it two games. They got beat 50-0 by Greeneville this week.

However, I agree that they are usually pretty good. They had a very good back last year.

Last edited:
Lincoln is down...you guys may pick them off. West view is much better than I thought...they had some 7th graders that only played varsity last year. They beat Maury last night. You guys are gonna struggle upfront. You guys have the horses to compete with anyone...I'd take Kountz, Treyson, Rooster and Devin in the backfield any day. I do think Roost is more suited to run the spread, though. He did GREAT running out of gun last year. You all could pull out a top 4, though....could've put up 50 last night if Chip wouldnt have called off the dogs...classy, though. Greenville won't be touched this year.

I looked for you last night...I'll catch you at the next home game.

Sounds good man. I thought Chip put the jv in too early too. Rooster ran the ball well picking up a 1st down but the sacks killed his numbers. He got crushed at the end of the game. O-line has got to get better. Treyson ran really well. I think he had 150 yds and 3 tds. Kountz and Devin are beasts on defense.

MV will be tough if their receivers learn how to catch. WV has a pretty good running game but I'm not sure how good they are yet. Greeneville and Rutledge are the top teams in the conference.

BTW, we play at Lincoln next week.

My BBS Bucs lost today to occoee tonight 28 to 6.
They brought 59 8th grade kids. We're pretty good but couldn't match up against their size.

Jefferson Middle beat Lincoln Heights 20-0 tonight.

Lincoln lost everyone from last year. I've not checked but my god son who plays freshman ball for Morristown East said they were undefeated last year. Which is more reflective of what they normally do. Seems like you have a bone to pick. They are clearly a better program than most you are stacking them up against. They're just young.

Lincoln lost everyone from last year. I've not checked but my god son who plays freshman ball for Morristown East said they were undefeated last year. Which is more reflective of what they normally do. Seems like you have a bone to pick. They are clearly a better program than most you are stacking them up against. They're just young.

I don't recall what their record was last year but it's possible that they went undefeated. I was told that the 50-0 beating that Greeneville put on them was payback for last year. I'm sure they lost of lot of good players last year.

I posted the Jefferson vs Lincoln Heights score because my son is the quarterback for JMS.

Last edited:
I don't recall what their record was last year but it's possible that they went undefeated. I was told that the 50-0 beating that Greeneville put on them was payback for last year. I'm sure they lost of lot of good players last year.

I posted the Jefferson vs Lincoln Heights score because my son is the quarterback for JMS.

Interesting. What grade? 7th or 8th?

My son is an 8th grader. He's 5'4" and 100 lbs soaking wet. That's him in my avatar.

He had to come out of the game for a series after one of the LH defenders put a pretty good lick on him. Our backup is a 7th grader.

My son is an 8th grader. He's 5'4" and 100 lbs soaking wet. That's him in my avatar.

He had to come out of the game for a series after one of the LH defenders put a pretty good lick on him.

He might be tall, that's good. Mine's in 7th grade at Powell. What offensive scheme does he run and is it the same as what they run in HS?

Like to give some recognition to Sequatchie Co. Middle, beat Clarkrange tonight 20-6 and remains undefeated this year and is now 11-1 in the last 2 years.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back