Alcoa v. Maryville 2012 draws interest from ESPN

What was the final score

42-24 maryville. The game was much closer than the score suggests. Maryville scored to take a 28-24 lead with 4:00 left. The ensuing kickoff bounces off the back of one of the blockers who was running back to set up a block for the returner. Maryville recovers and scores a td shortly after that. Next possession for alcoa, they throw a pick and maryville scores another td. The score blew up at the end. But the rest of the game was classic back and forth maryville vs. alcoa.

I felt bad for the Alcoa player (#23) that got hit by the ball on the kickoff. He turned to look at the deep man and the guy didn't tell him to get out of the way. He was pissed. On the next play he got beat deep for a touchdown.

I was there and didn't see a single rebel flag. Were there some seen on TV?

Yes. Some students had rebel flag shirts. Like I said, I don't care. They are the rebels. But its about perception. That's east TN and there is a stigma attached to the area at times.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMdTsDXpfjo[/youtube]

One of the TD's made SC top 10. Thought that was pretty cool for a little cross town rivalry.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMdTsDXpfjo[/youtube]

One of the TD's made SC top 10. Thought that was pretty cool for a little cross town rivalry.

Very cool. Looked to me like the qb was past the line of scrimmage when he threw it. Anyone else see that?

42-24 maryville. The game was much closer than the score suggests. Maryville scored to take a 28-24 lead with 4:00 left. The ensuing kickoff bounces off the back of one of the blockers who was running back to set up a block for the returner. Maryville recovers and scores a td shortly after that. Next possession for alcoa, they throw a pick and maryville scores another td. The score blew up at the end. But the rest of the game was classic back and forth maryville vs. alcoa.

22 points or more I wasn't surprised.

Very cool. Looked to me like the qb was past the line of scrimmage when he threw it. Anyone else see that?

Nope. Look again. LOS is at the 18, and your entire body has to be across it when you release the throw. If any of his body was across the 18, his back foot definitely wasn't.

VN Store

Back