TSSAA predictions

I heard in a scrimmage that DB whipped them a lil bit. But they will be strong.
Powell starters beat Greeneville starters 14-0 in a scrimmage. I expected them to be better. Of course it was their first scrimmage so who knows.

On a side note, I thought Powell looked better than I anticipated. Our biggest weakness is D-line and of course replacing Mobley. We will not have a drop off at QB, as a matter of a fact, Ownby is a better all around QB. He runs as well and is a much better passer. We're still not where we were last year, but will still be very good.

Last edited:
If Maryville can get good QB play, I could see them repeating. They will be able to run the ball for sure. Prevo looked like a machine last week.

Powell starters beat Greeneville starters 14-0 in a scrimmage. I expected them to be better. Of course it was their first scrimmage so who knows.

On a side note, I thought Powell looked better than I anticipated. Our biggest weakness is D-line and of course replacing Mobley. We will not have a drop off at QB, as a matter of a fact, Ownby is a better all around QB. He runs as well and is a much better passer. We're still not where we were last year, but will still be very good.

Even though I'm an old school Morristown West Trojan, I now live in Powell so I follow them as well. Shar'ron Moore for Powell is a 6' 210 lb. DE . Last week he had 15 tackles/4 TFL/3 sacks. Tonight he had 5 sacks, not sure how many tackles. But he was all over the place. Last Friday I watched Powell vs Rhea Co, then on Saturday caught the jamboree in Morristown which had 2 games. M-Town West vs Harlan Ky and M-Town East vs Fulton. Tonight I watched Powell vs Austin East. Point being, I've watched 7 teams play in a weeks time 5 of them being really good teams. This is the best defensive player I've seen this season in person. It can't be underestimated how much havoc he's created in his first two games.
I was really impressed with Powell against AE. They were vastly improved between week 1 and 2.

Another team to watch is Morristown West. They are coming off an 11-2 season, and already have wins over a VERY good Harlan Co. Ky team, and tonight over arch rival Greenville. Both Kingsport DB and Science Hill are solid too. Some good teams around here this year.

Last edited:
Even though I'm an old school Morristown West Trojan, I now live in Powell so I follow them as well. Shar'ron Moore for Powell is a 6' 210 lb. DE . Last week he had 15 tackles/4 TFL/3 sacks. Tonight he had 5 sacks, not sure how many tackles. But he was all over the place. Last Friday I watched Powell vs Rhea Co, then on Saturday caught the jamboree in Morristown which had 2 games. M-Town West vs Harlan Ky and M-Town East vs Fulton. Tonight I watched Powell vs Austin East. Point being, I've watched 7 teams play in a weeks time 5 of them being really good teams. This is the best defensive player I've seen this season in person. It can't be underestimated how much havoc he's created in his first two games.
I was really impressed with Powell against AE. They were vastly improved between week 1 and 2.

Agreed on Moore. We are thrilled he is playing so well. I'm also excited to see Hunter Wooliver and Cody Reed (both Sophomores) playing well. I coached them from age 5 til middle school. Unfortunately, my son tore his ACL/MCL in the first quarter against Rhea or he would be playing some too as a Soph.

I can tell you Rhea County was significantly better than they were last year and gave us a heck of a game. We did look much better against AE. Oak Ridge in a couple of weeks will be a real measuring block for us. Last year, they were the only team that gave us a good game until Henry County in the state championship.

Agreed on Moore. We are thrilled he is playing so well. I'm also excited to see Hunter Wooliver and Cody Reed (both Sophomores) playing well. I coached them from age 5 til middle school. Unfortunately, my son tore his ACL/MCL in the first quarter against Rhea or he would be playing some too as a Soph.

I can tell you Rhea County was significantly better than they were last year and gave us a heck of a game. We did look much better against AE. Oak Ridge in a couple of weeks will be a real measuring block for us. Last year, they were the only team that gave us a good game until Henry County in the state championship.

Moore went off against AE as well. He had 3 sacks and two more that we're at the line. Don't know if it was a tackle or sack in the books. If so he had 5. He was unstoppable. And yes, Cody is gonna be good. I think he'll play college somewhere. I've watched that boy grow up too. His younger brother and my son have played sports together for 6 years now. His dad and I coached travel baseball together and his dad currently coaches my son in football (7th grade). Heck we might know each other.

As for Rhea county, they were not a bad team. Powell was vastly improved between week one and two. I think they can get Oak Ridge. And yes it will be a monster game.

Oak Ridge, Kingsport Dobyns Bennett, and Science Hill are 3 very good teams I wouldn't sleep on.

Agree that those teams are good, but i think Mt Juliet is a little better. Made state semi's last year at 13-0. We'll know more about Mt. Juliet after they take on Mr. Hurd and Beech tonight.

VN Store

Back