Who is Valerie Jarrett?

And assuming that is all true, how many terrorist attacks did bin Laden carry out in the interval?

I really hope that this is what the GOP ends up doing with whenever the success of the raid is brought up -- that gee, he could have done it earlier. Because then we can talk about George Bush and Condoleeza Rice having ignored the pre-9/11 warnings, and then Bush/Cheney taking us to war in the wrong damn country, and Bush failing to get to get bin Laden.

Seriously. Please bring up how the Obama administration succeeded where the prior GOP administration failed. Bring it up a lot.

you make a marginally valid point LG, which we should celebrate because they've gone the way of the dodo, but it isn't the feather in his cap you want it to be.

More and more of the politicization of the event is coming to light.

Succeeded? Let's also bring up how if it were up to them the techniques used to get the info would not have been used because it's mean and we can't be mean to the terrorists. They might get mad at us.

And the point was, he asked the question who is Valerie Jarrett. She is a far left wack job pulling the strings.

Reactions: 1 person
And assuming that is all true, how many terrorist attacks did bin Laden carry out in the interval?

I really hope that this is what the GOP ends up doing with whenever the success of the raid is brought up -- that gee, he could have done it earlier. Because then we can talk about George Bush and Condoleeza Rice having ignored the pre-9/11 warnings, and then Bush/Cheney taking us to war in the wrong damn country, and Bush failing to get to get bin Laden.

Seriously. Please bring up how the Obama administration succeeded where the prior GOP administration failed. Bring it up a lot.

Clinton and Gore do their job, 9/11 doesn't happen. Exactly HOW was Bush aware of 9/11 after being in office less than 8 months? Obama has no successes that weren't founded in another administration. You think that he set in motion the intelligence gathering that found him? You really believe that? You need to pay attention to Volinbham's signature. Obama has NO successes that he can call his own. He has no legacy other than Trillions of dollars in debt. Since your party took over both houses of Congress in 07, the debt has doubled. You and YOUR president have nothing to hang your hats on other than strapping my kids, their kids, and their grandkids with a lower standard of living and a massive tax burden. Your president can't even establish a budget much less get one passed. How you can continue to cling to his failed policies like they are the be all end all of economics is beyond me. You must be one of the 1% because they are the ONLY ones that have been able to maintain under his reign.

Succeeded? Let's also bring up how if it were up to them the techniques used to get the info would not have been used because it's mean and we can't be mean to the terrorists. They might get mad at us.

And the point was, he asked the question who is Valerie Jarrett. She is a far left wack job pulling the strings.

Thank you....once again, LG, a liberal hack, is avoiding the direct question and trying to read the liberal talking points memo.

you make a marginally valid point LG, which we should celebrate because they've gone the way of the dodo, but it isn't the feather in his cap you want it to be.

More and more of the politicization of the event is coming to light.

Of course the killing of the mastermind of 9/11 is politicized. Whoever the president was at the time would be proud of that and use it to his advantage.

I think the GOP makes a HUGE mistake when they try to marginalize Obama's place in the calculus on that. Because whenever they do, the Dems just get to smirk and retort, yeah, but we got him.

Thank you....once again, LG, a liberal hack, is avoiding the direct question and trying to read the liberal talking points memo.

She is just another America hating far left nut, in a regime of America hating far left nuts.

Of course the killing of the mastermind of 9/11 is politicized. Whoever the president was at the time would be proud of that and use it to his advantage.

I think the GOP makes a HUGE mistake when they try to marginalize Obama's place in the calculus on that. Because whenever they do, the Dems just get to smirk and retort, yeah, but we got him.

As much as he says "I" or "me" when talking about the raid I am convinced Barry flew the chopper, propelled out of it and killed Bin Laden himself.

As much as he says "I" or "me" when talking about the raid I am convinced Barry flew the chopper, propelled out of it and killed Bin Laden himself.

The only thing the Seal team member did was show Nobama which end of the gun the bullet comes out of.

Obama does get some credit for getting Bin Laden. He did have the final say to do the attack in Pakistan without their government being told the mission was taking place.
This mission could have backfired bigtime. If that had happened Obama would have been blamed. Remember Jimmy Carter and the failed hostage resue mission in Iran.

Obama did campaign in 2008 that he would go into Pakistan if he had good intel that Bin Laden was there. McCain was saying he would not and with Obama saying he would showed his lack of experience. That is well documented.

Obama has been a wreck in so many ways but this is one issue that I give him credit for.

I have huge problems with delaying the mission multiple times.

All kinds of problems arise when you have too many cancellations. Everything from rehearsal fatigue, risk of disclosure, targets getting wind of the raid and the ability of other players to mess things up before, during or after the raid.

Sure he gets credit for finally making the decision, but in my view this is very amateurish. That said, we all know most presidents are amateurs at this. The last guy who had real military experience was Bush I. But Clinton had Hillary, W Bush had Chaney and Rummy, Obama has Biden and Panetta...

no smart Pres would have limited the effectiveness of the mountain of intel gathered in the raid by going to the press that fast. He basically spiked the football in the middle of the 3rd qtr. Sad part is he could have held off for a few months and had many more successes to brag about.

no smart Pres would have limited the effectiveness of the mountain of intel gathered in the raid by going to the press that fast. He basically spiked the football in the middle of the 3rd qtr. Sad part is he could have held off for a few months and had many more successes to brag about.

Wait, what?

bin Laden was dead and the SEAL team far removed from the area when there was even a whiff of it in the public domain.

As I've said earlier itt, I encourage you to bring this issue up with everyone you meet from now until election day. Remind them who was C-i-C when bin Laden was killed.

Wait, what?

bin Laden was dead and the SEAL team far removed from the area when there was even a whiff of it in the public domain.

As I've said earlier itt, I encourage you to bring this issue up with everyone you meet from now until election day. Remind them who was C-i-C when bin Laden was killed.

you do know that intel was found in the house right (computers, papers, etc)? Bin Laden was symbolic but the real win was all of that

You sit on the story, go over the data, send the special ops to do what they do and then come on tv to explain how you just eliminated the entire leadership structure of AQ. That is not spiking the football, that's lining up in the victory formation on the opponents goal line

Clinton and Gore do their job, 9/11 doesn't happen. Exactly HOW was Bush aware of 9/11 after being in office less than 8 months? Obama has no successes that weren't founded in another administration. You think that he set in motion the intelligence gathering that found him? You really believe that? You need to pay attention to Volinbham's signature. Obama has NO successes that he can call his own. He has no legacy other than Trillions of dollars in debt. Since your party took over both houses of Congress in 07, the debt has doubled. You and YOUR president have nothing to hang your hats on other than strapping my kids, their kids, and their grandkids with a lower standard of living and a massive tax burden. Your president can't even establish a budget much less get one passed. How you can continue to cling to his failed policies like they are the be all end all of economics is beyond me. You must be one of the 1% because they are the ONLY ones that have been able to maintain under his reign.

Oh lawd. That isn't partisan at all. Pot meet kettle.

To the OP, you act as if this is some sort of new phenomenon. The President, whomever it is, always has senior advisers from various backgrounds. You obviously don't agree with the President so it's only natural you aren't going to agree with his senior advisers.

Nothing to see here.

you do know that intel was found in the house right (computers, papers, etc)? Bin Laden was symbolic but the real win was all of that

You sit on the story, go over the data, send the special ops to do what they do and then come on tv to explain how you just eliminated the entire leadership structure of AQ. That is not spiking the football, that's lining up in the victory formation on the opponents goal line

Would have been nice, but I suspect there weren't assets in place to follow up in this manner. Plus it was only a matter of hours before the Paki's went public about the border crossing.

Now, if we had a real cooperation between intel and foreign affairs we could have made sure they kept quiet for about 48 hours and had people and stuff prepositioned for the exploitation phase. I don't see evidence that was in play for this.

A really courageous leader would have released something vague with few details and said "we tried and missed" while allowing the boys to follow up covertly over the next few months. Maybe even released a lot of little, "well, we missed that one too" stories, while actually rolling people up quietly.

None of that would never happen in our political world though.

OP just took this thread into even deeper levels of ridiculousness and tinfoilhatness

Really? Had Clinton and Gore put him down when he was in custody we would not have had 9/11. I was simply responding to LG's comments. My original post still stands. WHO THE F is Valerie Jarrett. The simple mindedness that MOST of you show is a shocking tribute to the fact that you don't know who she is. You don't realize that she is a failed liberal hack from Chicago. You don't realize that she actually runs the WH. You don't realize that NO ONE is driving the f'ing boat.

PKT, you need to function in society awhile before you go dismissing peoples posts as "nothing to see". Sure I am partisan. But no more than the idiot that sits in the Oval Office when he isn't out campaigning (for 2 solid years) and that sorry POS that was the Speaker of the House. Please tell me where I have mis-spoken in anything I have posted?

PKT, you need to function in society awhile before you go dismissing peoples posts as "nothing to see". Sure I am partisan. But no more than the idiot that sits in the Oval Office when he isn't out campaigning (for 2 solid years) and that sorry POS that was the Speaker of the House. Please tell me where I have mis-spoken in anything I have posted?

1) Like I stated before, every President has "senior advisers" that have for whatever reason garnered the trust, respect, and admiration of the President. Chances are if you don't like the President, you are not going to like his advisers. Liberals are not crazy about Carl Rove, as well they shouldn't be. I don't find her (Valerie Jarrett) agreeable but she does have decent credentials. Get over it.

2) You seem to not want to give any credit to Obama at all; yet, ironically you want to blame him for everything that has happened during his tenure. You can't have it both ways. That would be hypocrtical of you. Personally, I subscribe to the notion that the President, whomever he is, tends to garner too much credit and too much blame for events during his tenure.

With that said though, I can use your criteria on Bush.

First off, it has been reported that Bush was aware of the imminent threat that Al Qaeda wanted to use passenger jets as instrument of terror before the events of 9/11. He was complicit to the events of 9/11 because he could have implemented measures to counter the threat such as setting up the TSA beforehand. He also started a war with a sovereign country which posed no immediate threat to the United States. He propagated false information to the American public, our allies, and the U.N./world. That war resulted in 4,459 American deaths, roughly 100,000 American causalities, and hundreds of thousands of innocent civilian Iraqi deaths. As Commander-in-Chief, he is solely responsible for all of that.

On the domestic front, President Bush inherited a 236.2 billion dollar surplus. He then proceeded on to expand the federal budget by a historic $700 billion through 2008. President Bush created a Medicare drug entitlement that costs an estimated $800 billion; which of course was unfunded. What about education? President Bush increased federal education spending 58 percent faster than inflation. Welfare? President Bush became the first President to spend 3 percent of GDP on federal antipoverty programs. Tax the rich? He tilted the income tax burden more toward upper-income taxpayers.

Under Bush's watch, the American middle class suffered the most catastrophic economic hit since the Great Depression. Their mortgages were turned upside own, unemployment soared, spending power decreased, etc. Then, to try and counter that, President Bush began a string of of unprecedented financial bailouts.

Sound ridiculous? Of course! Why you might ask? One man did not create all of that foolishness by himself. Oh, and there were certainly no positives at all from the Bush Administration, right?.

That's how you sound when you speak. Just to let you know.

Reactions: 2 people
Wait, what?

LG you are right, Obama deserves all of the credit for OBL! I do wounder who would have taken the blame if it would have failed? But anyway...

The most troubling aspect of the article is her influence on fiscal matters, Solyndra(sp), healthcare ext, ext. The obvious paybacks with "stimulous money", and the fact the POTUS is so influenced by a Chicago politcal hack he runs his decisions through her!

VN Store

Back