UF QB Jeff Driskel Injured

Not cool. Want to beat the Gators at the full peak. We lost Hunter and half the fanbase wonders the outcome of that game had he not gotten hurt. Injuries suck for these guys but at least he isnt like a 5th year senior having to hope the AA would grant an extra year of eligibility. He can sit the season and get mental reps watching the other guys mistakes.

I don't even know who Brissett's back up would be at this time. They better hope he stays healthy.

He can ball, but that's still roughhhhh for the depth. Wow.

With Driskel out' Brissett's back-up is 3rd year guy Tyler Murphy. If Tyler Murphy ever sees the field we are in huge trouble.

Again, Brissett was distancing himself from Driskel before the injury. The silver lining is Brissett will now get 100% of the reps in practice.

That's tough. It's gonna make protecting Brissett even more important because not having any depth at QB is not fun. (i.e. Matt Simms)

Not cool. Want to beat the Gators at the full peak. We lost Hunter and half the fanbase wonders the outcome of that game had he not gotten hurt. Injuries suck for these guys but at least he isnt like a 5th year senior having to hope the AA would grant an extra year of eligibility. He can sit the season and get mental reps watching the other guys mistakes.

Unless Brissett gets hurt too, UT will face UF #1 QB.

So Lawrence, was the feeling that these two (Driskel, Brisset) were only competing for the starting spot or that Mushamp was planning/hoping to use a two quarterback system / have the ability to switch off QBs if he felt the need?

Sounds like a few sites jump the gun on the report. Gatorsports twitter: Depending on who you follow, Jeff Driskel's shoulder injury is either "a ding" or "Jacoby Brissett is the starter."

Sounds like a few sites jump the gun on the report. Gatorsports twitter: Depending on who you follow, Jeff Driskel's shoulder injury is either "a ding" or "Jacoby Brissett is the starter."

Ding or no ding, if the season started today Brissett would be the starter.

Exactly; there's two much conflicting reporting out there, seemingly just to bear everyone else to the punch.

Pretty good article on this issue and some of the problems with it (in media) that I read earlier today:

MrSEC - Driskel Injury At UF Shines Light On Bigger Problem With Fans, Media

So Lawrence, was the feeling that these two (Driskel, Brisset) were only competing for the starting spot or that Mushamp was planning/hoping to use a two quarterback system / have the ability to switch off QBs if he felt the need?

I don't think Muschamp ever came out and said he'd use a 2QB system, but he was quoted as saying UF could win with either.

The fact that Driskel couldn't distance himself from Brissett, after being rated the top HS QB a couple years ago, and enrolling in January (two semesters before Brissett), is as troubling as the injury. Driskel should have been miles ahead of Brissett at this point.

Last edited:
JCLawyerVol posted this is in the recruiting forum

UF coach Will Muschamp said Monday that the coaches had taken the non-contact jerseys off the quarterbacks to give them a better feel for pressure in the pocket. Muschamp said the defense was not tackling the quarterbacks, but thudding them.

This is just Muschamp's way of sending a message to the rest of the league of how tough his defense is... doh!

I don't Muschamp ever came out and said he'd use a 2QB system, but he was quoted as saying UF could win with either.

The fact that Driskel couldn't distance himself from Brissett, after being rated the top HS QB a couple years ago, and enrolling in January (two semesters before Brissett), is as troubling as the injury. Driskel should have been miles ahead of Brissett at this point.

Is that due to changes in OC's or poor coaching? Sounds like you're about to go through what UT went through for the past several years.

Hate to be this way buy really i don't care. We as a unit have went through hell with injury no one in the sec felt sorry us. Sorry guys its 17 days til kickoff my game face is on .... him and feed him fish.Go vols

Reactions: 2 people
Exactly; there's two much conflicting reporting out there, seemingly just to bear everyone else to the punch.

Pretty good article on this issue and some of the problems with it (in media) that I read earlier today:

MrSEC - Driskel Injury At UF Shines Light On Bigger Problem With Fans, Media

Good read, and very true.

I remember Spurrier would have open practices and scrimmages, and wouldn't hold back to the media on who was performing well or got dinged up.

Now most college teams treat practices, scrimmages and injury information like its a matter of national security.

Last edited:
Bob Redman ‏@BobRedmanFSNEXT
FWIW the injury to Driskel happened Sunday and he played through it. Has been out since regardless of reports you hear out there.

Bob Redman ‏@BobRedmanFSNEXT
My guess is with all of the media swirl an official report will come out soon. Not a minimal injury, but may be able to get back to practice

It was a report that he had another injury last week so it something to watch with Driskel. Also, I finding the timing odd bc if the report by Redman is true then yesterday when Muschamp talked about taking the non-contact jersey of the QB it had already happened.

VN Store

Back