'12 GA RB Quenshaun Watson - (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watson is listed at 5'9" 175 lbs and will be wearing #25

What are the chances he is our stud RB by his junior year? After 2 years in the S&C program he could be around 200-205 by then. That would be a good sized back with a ton of speed.

What are the chances he is our stud RB by his junior year? After 2 years in the S&C program he could be around 200-205 by then. That would be a good sized back with a ton of speed.

I just don't see his frame putting on that much weight, I could be wrong but I see him topping off about 190.

Can't happen because he was a low-end 3 star project :crazy:
/sarcasm

I just don't see his frame putting on that much weight, I could be wrong but I see him topping off about 190.

I thought the same but i remember travis henry was maybe 5'9'' and i think he weighed 215/220 when he played.

Didn't Demps and Rainey both weigh about 180? I don't think he matches Demps on the track, but IIRC, he does match up well with Rainey. I'll take a Rainey on our team any day.

Reactions: 1 person
He doesn't need to bulk up to 200 lbs. Onterio McCalebb has run for over 2000 yards at Auburn and he is 175 lbs soaking wet. Dexter McCluster also ran for 1950+ yards in his career at Ole Miss and Chris Rainey had 3300 yards of offense and 23 total TD's at UF. It isn't like we are Alabama and want to run out of the I all of the time. There will be a place for a player like Watson on our team, and hopefully he can be our LaMichael James type back.

"Q"' is explosive---game changing speed. During camps he demonstrated tremendous burst and super quick cutting ability. Although OCJC may install a RB pkg(s) he and Pig are blazers who will be most productive on ST and from the slot position. IMO.

Here are some HS 100M times for comparison and prospective:
Jeff Demps 10.01 *9.96 wind-aided
Marvin Bracy 10.25 *10.19 wind-assisted
Noel Devine 10.40
DGB 10.50
DeAnthony "Black Mamba" Thomas 10.57
Quenshaun Watson 10.58
LaMichael James 10.62
Chris Rainey 10.73
Kenjon Barner 10.73
Alton "Pig" Howard 11.06 *11.01 wind-aided

For more speed see this...
The Fastest 40 Yard Dash Ever | Gridironstuds.com Blog

Last edited:
He doesn't need to bulk up to 200 lbs. Onterio McCalebb has run for over 2000 yards at Auburn and he is 175 lbs soaking wet. Dexter McCluster also ran for 1950+ yards in his career at Ole Miss and Chris Rainey had 3300 yards of offense and 23 total TD's at UF. It isn't like we are Alabama and want to run out of the I all of the time. There will be a place for a player like Watson on our team, and hopefully he can be our LaMichael James type back.

This....adding a lot of weight could end up hurting this kid.

I cover Athens quite a bit a he isnt even the top player in the region. Seems like Dooley wants to give looks to some kids from CC. Im really scratching my head on this one. Maybe a special teams player cant see him being a major impact as a SEC RB.

OV...c'mon man!!

"Q"' is explosive---game changing speed. During camps he demonstrated tremendous burst and super quick cutting ability. Although OCJC may install a RB pkg(s) he and Pig are blazers who will be most productive on ST and from the slot position. IMO.

Noel Devine 10.40
DGB 10.50
Quenshaun Watson 10.58
LaMichael James 10.62
Chris Rainey 10.73
Kenjon Barner 10.73

Cordarrelle Patterson 10.33

Noel Devine 10.40
DGB 10.50
Quenshaun Watson 10.58
LaMichael James 10.62
Chris Rainey 10.73
Kenjon Barner 10.73

Man, I wish Bo Jackson hadn't torn up his knee. He could have been the best to ever play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back