Florida Game

govols105

It's time to see this again come 9/15/12. No Excuses. Just get it DONE!! GO VOLS!!! i was in that mess with my dad. my cousin or uncle took the photo. But first remember to take care of NC State and Georgia State first. Win these three games and then you'll have a shot at a national title if you win out. Remember LOSING IS NOT AN OPTION AT TENNESSEE. WIN OR DON'T PLAY. GO VOLS!!

Reactions: 5 people
yeah most don't think storming the field is a good idea on here, well i say why not we had a really bad 10 year skid. haven't beaten florida in 7 years. frustrations are high less relieve some stress. i think we only caused $250,000 of damage last time or where there abouts.

Reactions: 5 people
I think starting 3-0 and beating Florida at home would make the cost of field repairs worth it. It would be all over ESPN highlight reels and probably front page on espn.com. Great for recruiting, IMO.

Reactions: 3 people
If we are 6-0 and then beat a #1 Alabama team, I might say that storming the field would be acceptable. I wouldn't give Florida the pleasure of thinking they're more important than they are.

Reactions: 16 people
Stormed the basketball court when I was there about 10 years ago. I know that damage was not equal, but if had the chance, I would love to storm the field at Neyland after ending a drought against UF.

Reactions: 1 person
Why not? We rushed the field then and we were certainly better than we have been recently.

We shouldn't do it. UF isn't the same UF. Storming the field has to mean something when you are a Vol fan.

Last edited:
If we are 6-0 and then beat a #1 Alabama team, I might say that storming the field would be acceptable. I wouldn't give Florida the pleasure of thinking they're more important than they are.

Let's face it, with the way things have been in recent years, beating Florida would be almost as big as beating Alabama. This is UT, we don't historically lose to teams 7 years in a row. We typically beat teams 7 years in a row. Would be good momentum.

We will beat Florida, so do not storm the field for them. I agree they are not important any more. Alabama game is the only one i can see storming the field for. If they are still number 1 in the nation when we take them down.:rock:

tn_florida.gif

Tennessee should only storm the field on top 3 teams. Honestly I don't like storming the field because I always want to think the Vols are the better team.

I think starting 3-0 and beating Florida at home would make the cost of field repairs worth it. It would be all over ESPN highlight reels and probably front page on espn.com. Great for recruiting, IMO.

Here's the lead-in: UT fans storm the field after beating 1-2 Florida....things must really suck on Rocky Top to celebrate a win this much over a 1-2 team.

Plus, it would look really lame if aTm doesn't storm the field after beating UF and UT does.

It's not just about beating this year's UF team. It's about actually renewing a rivalry instead of continuing to be UF's red-headed step-child. You know, like Vandy is to us, and like Kentucky was til last year and will begin to be again starting this year.

Ya'll do realize that no single person here will make the decision to storm the field? It takes a few guys to start it, then it cant be stopped. So arguing over whether or not were gonna do it kinda pointless

VN Store

Back