'13 Ga ATH marqui Hawkins

It'll be interesting to see if his relationship with Bonner helps shift momentum in our favor.

We could always use the increased exposure in and inroads into the ATL area.

Last edited:
Says we're getting an OV for one of the fall home games. Probably the Florida game. Probably need to win this one.

24/7 article says that he's still 100% Florida right now, but that is odd that he's hasn't visited yet.

B White is his recruiter...not sure if the kid even met Hill bc he was on "vacation" when he visited for FNL. Most UF would be happy if he kicked rocks after his poor showing at UF. Have at it, VFL! lol

B White is his recruiter...not sure if the kid even met Hill bc he was on "vacation" when he visited for FNL. Most UF would be happy if he kicked rocks after his poor showing at UF. Have at it, VFL! lol

hahah. i can understand the frustration after being so successful under urban. FL will get back to where its been at some point. hopefully UT can put the puzzle pieces together.

Why is this kids ranking so low, he has some big time schools after him.

Seems to me it's a lot like Vincent Dallas situation a few years ago. LOTS of people after the kid, but only a 3 star ranking. I think he's been in the shadow of our other WR's, but I hope he shows out this year. Really like the kid!

Seems to me it's a lot like Vincent Dallas situation a few years ago. LOTS of people after the kid, but only a 3 star ranking. I think he's been in the shadow of our other WR's, but I hope he shows out this year. Really like the kid!

I thought VD was moved to the secondary?

Reactions: 1 person
He wants to play WR in college so imo it's the reason he committed to UF. IMO it won't stick once UGA or Aub offers at WR.

The story out of Gainesville was that Hawkins called and committed as a DB and was told that he was needed as a WR, which he liked better.

Said he was 100% and shutting down his recruitment after FNL but later said he was still going to visit UT and Miss State this fall. Rumor on FG(scout) is he's next to get the "mutual breakup" with UF.

Said he was 100% and shutting down his recruitment after FNL but later said he was still going to visit UT and Miss State this fall. Rumor on FG(scout) is he's next to get the "mutual breakup" with UF.

Like our chances if that happens.

Rumored that he has some work to do in the classroom. He was in summer school this summer and from the chatter it didn't go to well.

How much do you like him at WR? And how would u rate his speed? I think you guys are in on some bigger fish.

I like him better at DB. He ran 4.6 at FNL..had trouble getting separation but overall he ran good routes from the reports. Luke said he passed the eyeball test.

INSIDER: Auburn will take advantage of new SEC rule to entertain recruits at Georgia Dome | AJC College Sports Recruiting

FLORIDA RECRUIT WILL VISIT OTHER SCHOOLS: Carver-Columbus WR Marqui Hawkins said he is a “solid” commit to the Florida Gators but will visit other schools. He said he will definitely take official visits to Tennessee and North Carolina, and maybe Clemson and Auburn. What about Florida fans worried about the trips? “I mean, they ain’t got nothing to worry about,” Hawkins said. “I just want to experience some other things, do things on my free time, and get out of Columbus. My commitment is solid to Florida. I’m not going to de-commit. I’m just visiting other places. I’m not going to change my commitment.”

One day I'm going to open this thread to read he decommitted or got locked up for something. One of the two will happen before NSD.

Sounds very otha-ish to me...watch out for clemson or auburn bank transfers... nc may make an arky type run at him :)

If he flipped to the Vols, it would be purely because of our great program...:)

Rumor going around that UF and Hawkins have parted ways...was set to OV this weekend but it didn't happen.

Aub was the real threat while he was committed to UF and iirc Thigpen was his main recruiter. Something to watch moving forward.

VN Store

Back