UT ranked 28 in SOS last year??

i post this every season:

Ask the head coaches at boise, mich, usc, ohio st., okla, oregon, fl. State, wisc, clemson, etc. If they would care to change schedules with tn????

Guess what the answer would be!

ahhhhheeeellllllllnawwwwwwwwwww

SOS? By mid-October, they were probably #1 in Save Our Ship, not 28.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

It uses a mathematical formula, just as the list you posted does as well. The NCAA's formula is a very simple one, just using winning percentages for all teams played on the schedule.

Yeah but you can't not give a team points at all because they played an FCS school... and give teams points for playing FBS schools.. It doesn't make sense... It's like saying well ok This team played the Number 1 2 and 3 teams in the nation but we aren't going to rank them high bc they played an FCS school... On the other hand... Heres an SEC school that didn't play any of those top teams but they did play an easy FBS team so well rank them in the top 10.... Just stupid is what it is...

Yeah but you can't not give a team points at all because they played an FCS school... and give teams points for playing FBS schools.. It doesn't make sense... It's like saying well ok This team played the Number 1 2 and 3 teams in the nation but we aren't going to rank them high bc they played an FCS school... On the other hand... Heres an SEC school that didn't play any of those top teams but they did play an easy FBS team so well rank them in the top 10.... Just stupid is what it is...

The idea behind it is because FCS teams only play 1 or 2 FBS teams a year, while an FBS team...well, plays 10-12 FBS teams per year, and thus, will have a somewhat reliable sample size to be ranked properly.

The idea behind it is because FCS teams only play 1 or 2 FBS teams a year, while an FBS team...well, plays 10-12 FBS teams per year, and thus, will have a somewhat reliable sample size to be ranked properly.

Not gonna convince me... I think anyone in the country would argue that this ranking is a complete JOKE... Care to explain how Vandy is higher??? That's a complete JOKE... Do you honestly think GA had a harder schedule than TN? or are you just defending a stupid Mathematical formula?

It uses a mathematical formula, just as the list you posted does as well. The NCAA's formula is a very simple one, just using winning percentages for all teams played on the schedule.

It uses an ignorant mathematical formula, then.

Sorry.

Reactions: 1 person
Looks like this list is based off of Win/Loss Percentage.. Not really fair to TN still because All the western opponents above us had to play head to head... Which = losses on our percentage...

Which means we easily could have been higher.

Even sagarin has us at 12. Which is total BS, but still illustrates the ignorance of the 'mathematical formula' being touted here.

USATODAY.com

Not gonna convince me... I think anyone in the country would argue that this ranking is a complete JOKE... Care to explain how Vandy is higher??? That's a complete JOKE... Do you honestly think GA had a harder schedule than TN? or are you just defending a stupid Mathematical formula?

I could give a damn about the formula. I was simply pointing out the reasons the rankings are the way they were.

Vandy actually played roughly the same conference schedule that we did, but they played some low level BCS conference teams. (Connecticut and Wake Forest)

Did Georgia have a harder schedule than Tennessee? Over a 12 game period, Tennessee had the better schedule. If you took everything into account, would Georgia have played the harder slate at the end of the year? Yes, I believe so.

Ok so we all know we had a difficult schedule and much harder then UGA. But guys we sucked last year. I think we will be pretty good this year. I however no longer want to think about last year and the disaster in Lexington. Move on.

We played the 3 best teams in the east, and the 3 best teams in the west, of the best conference in the league. It seems like you can't get much tougher of a schedule.

Plus playing the #1 and #2 teams in the nation back-to-back last season.

I could give a damn about the formula. I was simply pointing out the reasons the rankings are the way they were.

Vandy actually played roughly the same conference schedule that we did, but they played some low level BCS conference teams. (Connecticut and Wake Forest)

Did Georgia have a harder schedule than Tennessee? Over a 12 game period, Tennessee had the better schedule. If you took everything into account, would Georgia have played the harder slate at the end of the year? Yes, I believe so.

Vandy didn't have to play LSU... and they played Elon Phoenix... Lol I understand how they ranked it... All I'm saying is that the formula they used is a JOKE... lol Only and idiot would use a formula so dumb... It's a stupid argument... anyone will agree with me that TN schedule was at least in the top 5 hardest schedules in the nation last year...

Tennessee's schedule was a monster. I'm curious what this poster's motivation is.

Only team who may have had a tougher schedule last year was Auburn. I'd say ours was the toughest.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back