Atlanta Braves III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vizcaino helps no team prior to the All-Star Break next season. The Braves had no significant financial stake in him, a la Strasburg, Trevor Bauer, etc. They refer to them as trade chips for a reason. I hated when they included Dan Meyer in the Hudson deal. Hated Spooneybarger going to the Marlins. Generally speaking, when they've dealt prospects in the past, they haven't gone on to miss them greatly, Andrus excluded.

Yahoo! Sports, Baseball Reference and ESPN

wut
Code:
Year   Age  Tm  Lg W L W-L%  ERA  G GS GF CG SHO SV   IP  H  R ER HR BB IBB SO HBP BK WP  BF ERA+  WHIP H/9 HR/9 BB/9 SO/9 SO/BB Awards

2011    20 ATL  NL 1 1 .500 4.67 17  0  2  0   0  0 17.1 16  9  9  1  9   1 17   1  0  5  77   84 1.442 8.3  0.5  4.7  8.8         1.89
1 Yr               1 1 .500 4.67 17  0  2  0   0  0 17.1 16  9  9  1  9   1 17   1  0  5  77   84 1.442 8.3  0.5  4.7  8.8         1.89
162 Game Avg.      4 4 .500 4.67 68  0  8  0   0  0   69 64 36 36  4 36   4 68   4  0 20 308   84 1.442 8.3  0.5  4.7  8.8         1.89

Provided by Baseball-Reference.com: View Original Table
Generated 7/31/2012.

Vizcaino helps no team prior to the All-Star Break next season. The Braves had no significant financial stake in him, a la Strasburg, Trevor Bauer, etc. They refer to them as trade chips for a reason. I hated when they included Dan Meyer in the Hudson deal. Hated Spooneybarger going to the Marlins. Generally speaking, when they've dealt prospects in the past, they haven't gone on to miss them greatly, Andrus excluded.

And Feliz

And Harrison

Sigh, that trade.

Reactions: 1 person

Heh. I hated that one too.

Turned out to be an awful trade, but Spooneybarger had nothing to do with it.

Mark Bowman @mlbbowman
47s
When talking about Vizcaino Wren referred to him as a power reliever. Many in the industry seem to project him in this role.

Everything I read last year about Vizcaino indicated that the Braves did not necessarily regard his move to the bullpen as definitely temporary.

And Feliz

And Harrison

Sigh, that trade.

Feliz is probably looking at surgery, so I didn't include him here. He would have come in handy the last two seasons regardless.

I'm not sold on Harrison. Yeah, he made the AS team this year, but he's an imminently replaceable arm. Soft-tosser.

Saltalamacchia was blocked by McCann and he still has problems defensively.

The big problem with that trade was Atlanta got essentially nothing back when they traded Teixeira to the Angels and they didn't win anything while Tex was a Brave, so it was Feliz, Andrus, Harrison, (some other guy), and Salty for Kotchman and Stephen Marek.

Yikes.

The big problem with that trade was Atlanta got essentially nothing back when they traded Teixeira to the Angels and they didn't win anything while Tex was a Brave, so it was Feliz, Andrus, Harrison, (some other guy), and Salty for Kotchman and Stephen Marek.

Yikes.

Don't forget the draft pick compensation.. Ahem, mike trout

Feliz is probably looking at surgery, so I didn't include him here. He would have come in handy the last two seasons regardless.

I'm not sold on Harrison. Yeah, he made the AS team this year, but he's an imminently replaceable arm. Soft-tosser.

Saltalamacchia was blocked by McCann and he still has problems defensively.

Yikes.
Harrison has been a solid 2/3 the past two seasons, not that easy to replace. Feliz has been a stud, surgery or not.

Hey they didnt give up Delgado. Wasnt that what everyone wanted before? Its a good deal guys

It's a very very good deal. Like everyone said, Johnson is a great replacement for Diaz, or anyone that gets hurt or needs to rest in the outfield. And the pitcher we acquired isn't a rental, and has a winning record on the second worst team in the show. I like the move a lot. JJ is garbage, and with Sheets looking good, and my boy bigorange15's boy (Minor) seemingly turning the corner, things are looking pretty good pitching wise. Let's go Braves!!!

It's a very very good deal. Like everyone said, Johnson is a great replacement for Diaz, or anyone that gets hurt or needs to rest in the outfield. And the pitcher we acquired isn't a rental, and has a winning record on the second worst team in the show. I like the move a lot. JJ is garbage, and with Sheets looking good, and my boy bigorange15's boy (Minor) seemingly turning the corner, things are looking pretty good pitching wise. Let's go Braves!!!

:rock:

Hate to see Viz go, but I think this is a decent trade for ATL. Good back-of-the-rotation starter, keeps Medlen in the pen, and a good bat against lefties that can play all positions in the outfield.

Now go throw the farm at Felix Hernandez.

Medlen line tonight: 5 IP 0 ER 4 K 73 pitches.... I kinda feel sorry for the guy because I still feel Wren will try to get a bullpen guy. Or at least he should anyways.

I really liked the idea of just going with him.

Not opposed to this trade. I really like Reed Johnson. Both players will be in uniform tomorrow.. So something is going to happen to Jurrjens. Will be interesting.

Not opposed to this trade. I really like Reed Johnson. Both players will be in uniform tomorrow.. So something is going to happen to Jurrjens. Will be interesting.

I wanted to get Reed Johnson a couple years ago. He is good pick up and is good in pinch hitting situations.

Maholm has a cheap-ish team option next year. Johnson's gone in two months.

Nice job by Theo Epstein, anyway. That's exactly the kind of trade you want to make at the deadline.

Risky move by Wren; there's a reasonable chance that he just traded a future all-star pitcher for two stiffs. There's also a reasonable chance that Vizcaino never does anything.

Vizcaino's definitely the guy you want to trade if you have to give up one of the top-tier pitchers, though.

Yeah, we'll just have to see how it pans out. But considering the situation of both teams and their needs, it looks like it may be a good trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back