2014 Class

VOLCLASSOF2014

Alright, so as many of you already know, the 2014 class is chocked full of UT legacies. Berry bros, TKjr, D. Bates, etc. So here's an idea...accept it, bash it, whatever. Just throwin this out there. I'm sure the coaches are aware of said legacies in next years class, and probably do mention it to recruits. However, Dooley doesn't recruit with hot sauce, and for some reason I don't see him doing any "get on the bandwagon" selling either. So here's what I was thinking. Is there any possible way that we as fans, be it through social media, etc, could make this something popular, like a trend on twitter or something, to possibly entice the aforementioned recruits to follow in their fathers' footsteps? I believe a year or two ago Georgia came up with the "Dream Team" and everybody was jumping on board. Could any of you all come up with a catchy name for the 2014 class that somehow relates to the said legacies?

Reactions: 2 people
'14 Class of the Legacies

And I agree, these things attract recruits. Being part of something special.

Last edited:
people_say_no1.jpg

Reactions: 5 people
Alright, so as many of you already know, the 2014 class is chocked full of UT legacies. Berry bros, TKjr, D. Bates, etc. So here's an idea...accept it, bash it, whatever. Just throwin this out there. I'm sure the coaches are aware of said legacies in next years class, and probably do mention it to recruits. However, Dooley doesn't recruit with hot sauce, and for some reason I don't see him doing any "get on the bandwagon" selling either. So here's what I was thinking. Is there any possible way that we as fans, be it through social media, etc, could make this something popular, like a trend on twitter or something, to possibly entice the aforementioned recruits to follow in their fathers' footsteps? I believe a year or two ago Georgia came up with the "Dream Team" and everybody was jumping on board. Could any of you all come up with a catchy name for the 2014 class that somehow relates to the said legacies?

Great Idea. Some of them are already talking about playing together. We need something extra that will put us on top. Recruiting is not the same as it used to be. We have to think outside the box. Getting one or two of them is not enough. This is gonna be a great class and we need them on our rise back to the top. VB

I get my inspiration from a classic Stanley Kubrick film...and the classic comedy "The Hangover"...lol..... "Wolfpack Orange"

I'm sure Gruden will be able to get them all in orange before signing day.

If you really believe Gruden will be the HC next season or any other season for that matter, your name Vol Cop stands for Citizen On Pot. Cause you're high off your ass!!

Georgia came up with the name ""the dream team"? I don't think so lol!

And to answer your question, no I don't think we should do anything. These guys are all very familiar with the university, probably as much or more so than any of us because of their family ties. The coaches will make sure and give them all the love they need. I don't agree with pushing your school onto these kids through social media. It's not really our place as fans and it's kind of creepy IMO. Unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.

Im pretty sure these recruits want to play for a team focused more on winning than some wrestling nick name a few fans come up with. C double D and the product he puts onto the field this year will be what sells UT to these kids. We win and show stability with the coaches position they will want to be Vols too. Otherwise you better have a big name exciting coach to get these guys in orange.

Im pretty sure these recruits want to play for a team focused more on winning than some wrestling nick name a few fans come up with. C double D and the product he puts onto the field this year will be what sells UT to these kids. We win and show stability with the coaches position they will want to be Vols too. Otherwise you better have a big name exciting coach to get these guys in orange.

So you really do think Gruden would be that guy? Why would he want to? And don't say bc his wife used to b a cheerleader here..we know. Why wasn't he the coach when we got Kiffin or Dooley then? He was available then. He's happy with what he's doing now and he's made that known.

Yes, if this season happens to go south and we are looking for another coach I do hope Gruden will be that guy. I dont know the man personally so I have no knowledge if he would take it or not. But I do know we would have to have a grand slam hire if we want the elite talent like TK jr and the Berry twins to sign here after a coaching change. Another La Tech type hire will not bring them to TN.

Yes, if this season happens to go south and we are looking for another coach I do hope Gruden will be that guy. I dont know the man personally so I have no knowledge if he would take it or not. But I do know we would have to have a grand slam hire if we want the elite talent like TK jr and the Berry twins to sign here after a coaching change. Another La Tech type hire will not bring them to TN.

Oh don't get me wrong, I would love to have coach Gruden. It's just not realistic IMO.

But that doesn't matter anyways, we are going to be giving Dooley an extension after this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Oh don't get me wrong, I would love to have coach Gruden. It's just not realistic IMO.

But that doesn't matter anyways, we are going to be giving Dooley an extension after this year.

I hope your right about him getting the extension because we would all be celebrating at a big bowl game this year. If thats the case we become the team to beat for all these kids, no nickname rquired.

want you go to gay street bridge and tie 50 pounds of weight to ankles and jump in.Dooley is the COACH at UT right now we should back our coach and team until the top guys say different .and to all of you so called vol fans that are hoping that ut falls on their face and hope the VOLS lose 7 or 8 games JUST TO SEE dOOLEY GET CANNED then your about as much a VOL fan as my dog is a cats fan and he tries to kill every cat he see,s.people like you make me sick wanting the vols to lose so u can get rid of a coach u do not like.and all of you guys making these gruden comments he was offered the job before Dooley and knew he could not get it done in 4 or 5 years,what makes you think gruden would get the job if or when Dooley leaves,sure he would walk into a situation 10 times better than what Dooley came into.Dooley has recruited great to have been negativly recruited against. IT IS LIKE THIS IF YOU AIN,T ALL VOL THEN YOU ARE NO VOL.

TKjr said he's tired of being compared to his father and wants to make a name for himself. Not a good idea.

want you go to gay street bridge and tie 50 pounds of weight to ankles and jump in.Dooley is the COACH at UT right now we should back our coach and team until the top guys say different .and to all of you so called vol fans that are hoping that ut falls on their face and hope the VOLS lose 7 or 8 games JUST TO SEE dOOLEY GET CANNED then your about as much a VOL fan as my dog is a cats fan and he tries to kill every cat he see,s.people like you make me sick wanting the vols to lose so u can get rid of a coach u do not like.and all of you guys making these gruden comments he was offered the job before Dooley and knew he could not get it done in 4 or 5 years,what makes you think gruden would get the job if or when Dooley leaves,sure he would walk into a situation 10 times better than what Dooley came into.Dooley has recruited great to have been negativly recruited against. IT IS LIKE THIS IF YOU AIN,T ALL VOL THEN YOU ARE NO VOL.

Why dont you read the whole conversation A** wipe before you respond to a post. I dont drink doolaid but there is no hoping he fails. Ive cheered for the Vols for 25 years and never once did I hope they fail just to bring someone else in. However, just as D. Hart has his wish list for a coaching hire, if one needs to be made, I have my wishlist to. And yes Gruden would be at the top of the list.

CHUCKY will never coach at TENNESSEE book it we are on our way back to the top starting this year you wont make a coaching change going 8 and 4 or 9 and 3 and winning a Bowl game. Its DOOLEY time in TENNESSEE.:pepper::toast::td::3cheers::3083yourock::baloon::girl1::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks::fireworks:

Why dont you read the whole conversation A** wipe before you respond to a post. I dont drink doolaid but there is no hoping he fails. Ive cheered for the Vols for 25 years and never once did I hope they fail just to bring someone else in. However, just as D. Hart has his wish list for a coaching hire, if one needs to be made, I have my wishlist to. And yes Gruden would be at the top of the list.

Now do not start calling names .you brought up gruden and i have seen post and heard people in person say they were hoping for a bad season so they could get a new coach.i just do not think another coaching change would help UT at all .Besides to set them back a couple more years.I am all vol i just want them to win.There was alot of talk when Dooley got the job about the piss poor shape of the program and that it would take 4 or 5 years to be able to compete against the top of the SEC.And Dooley has just coached 2 years with third on its way .i think the VOLS will shock alo,t of non believers this year .but when you hire a guy and say 4 or 5 years to rebuild you just do not start yelling get rid of him after the first two seasons .i have to believe that the VOLS should have got w,s at lsu and vs unc in 2010 and if hunter and bray had not got injured that the vols would have beaten kentucky and either usc or georgia if not both of them and possibly a bowl.if after year four comes and goes and the vols are not winning 10 games then maby change coaches cause improving recruiting can not stand by itself

VN Store

Back