Rajion Neal=WOW!

The measurables on this guy have never really been in question. Then again there's a long and rich history of "workout warriars" that never seemed to be able to translate those measurables onto the field well.

Let's hope RN manages to have the production match the potential this season.

In shorts, 4.3 range.
In pads, I'd guess at 4.4-4.45. He has breakaway speed.I

I wish people would stop throwing out high-school 40 times as if they were in any way, shape, or form, accurate.

Guys who run an NFL timed sub-4.4 forty are extremely rare, and unfortunately I doubt Rajion Neal is one of them. I would love to be wrong.

Gazooks! Question: Any word that Lane or any other RBs doing the same?

Trent Richardson last year hit the weight room big time and looked like a rhino during the season. If other backs are doing this, we may end up having a Lattimore-Richardson combo somewhere among these backs.

Let's pump the breaks a little scooter.

I wish people would stop throwing out high-school 40 times as if they were in any way, shape, or form, accurate.

Guys who run an NFL timed sub-4.4 forty are extremely rare, and unfortunately I doubt Rajion Neal is one of them. I would love to be wrong.

These r not high school #'s. These times were done last summer for the team and they were laser timed.

He has run that time at UT.

When I was in middle school I played with a running back named brandon davis. ( was a heck of a back for coalfield in hs some of you may have heard of him) and he had a fumbling problem for a few practices straight so our coach gave him a ball to hold onto all through practice and if anyone brought the coach the ball then that player got out of conditioning the next three days and the rbs had to do double conditioning. There were almost fist fights over that ball but nobody ever took it from him and it basically fixed the problem.

my kid played against him a couple of times..

The question was asked, an answer was provided with the information available. If you have different information, it would be welcome; if you just feel like whining and moaning, I will disregard your posts accordingly.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe Neal is working out wit the OL to become their favorite little buddy, so they will do everything in their power to help their 'lil buddy out come gameday.

The question was asked, an answer was provided with the information available. If you have different information, it would be welcome; if you just feel like whining and moaning, I will disregard your posts accordingly.

The Fastest 40 Yard Dash Ever | Gridironstuds.com Blog

[URL="http://www.sbnation.com/2012-nfl-draft/2012/2/26/2826560/2012-nfl-scouting-combine-results-running-back-40-times"]http://www.nfl.com/combine/top-performers#year=2012&workout=FORTY_YARD_DASH&position=QB-RB-WR-TE-S-DL-LB-CB-OL-SPEC
[/URL]

Sunday is a big day for the 2012 NFL Combine since it's when the offensive skill positions work out. The 40-yard dash is one measurable in particular that can mean boom or bust for an NFL hopeful.

The running backs posted official 40 times on Sunday, which are all listed below.

No one broke the 4.40 barrier, but Miami's Lamar Miller came closest, hitting that mark on the head with a running back-best 4.40, LaMichael James also helped himself with a 4.45 time -- tied for second-best among running backs.

As I said before, it's highly unlikely Neal runs a sub-4.4 forty.

Maybe Neal is working out wit the OL to become their favorite little buddy, so they will do everything in their power to help their 'lil buddy out come gameday.

If so, he's being smart. I think it was O.J. Simpson who started the idea of insisting his OL be at interviews and awards with him. It was a show of appreciation to the fact without them the Juice wasn't going to be turned on. Then there was some guy who cut up an award and gave each of his OL a piece for the same reason. When your OL knows you appreciate them and aren't shy about saying or showing it, they work harder for you. Your success is their success. Now all Neal has to do is hold onto the ball to make it all count for something.

What I really like is his attitude of hitting the weights with the OL. It shows he is focused on being a better RB. I honestly believe we're going to see a Raijon Neal never seen before. I said in another thread a while back, I say again we will a Big Red (Secretariat) season out of Neal.

“You’re gonna see something you ain’t never seen before." --Eddie Sweat--

my kid played against him a couple of times..

good guy and a heck of a runner, i wish he would have stayed in the clinton system instead of moving to coalfield. little undersized but could still knock you on your butt. played well at lb too if i remember correctly.

good guy and a heck of a runner, i wish he would have stayed in the clinton system instead of moving to coalfield. little undersized but could still knock you on your butt. played well at lb too if i remember correctly.

me too!

It doesn't matter as long as Neal shows he can't hold onto the football. It is all about trust.

Agree. I'd rather have a great line and an average back than the opposite.

I understand the sentiment here but don't want to get carried away. A great line and an average back will be productive but a great back with only a "good" line will roll up big numbers. The best line can open a hole and get some yards, sure, but then what? Who's making people miss down the field? Who's got the speed to take it the distance after they manage to get into the open?

Lines, from a RB perspective, are facilitators. They create opportunites for RB's. A great line will provide more and better opportunites to be sure but what is made of those opportunities is on the RB.

He's got to quit shying away from contact. If he doesn't, he's a gadget guy

Agreed, his problem was never his strength. It is dealing with contact (playing physical, ball security, etc). Hopefully the OL he's lifting with are roughing him up some too.

Adrian foster. Great back or great line?

Not a speed guy (4.5 I think), but a big guy and one cut a drive hard RB

I take great OL over great back all day long. Injuries happen... But not to all 5 OL
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back