'13 DE GA Naim Mustafaa

Seen this on tos

@NOT_REALLYMOOSE: @kingvol38 let coach Graham know Moose trynna get n touch wit em

Justin king tweet or tweet to him from Mustafaa.

Very interesting

This is completely a WAG, but maybe UGA is suddenly in good shape with some guys higher on the board than him, and he's feeling neglected lately.

Like I said, just a WAG.

This is completely a WAG, but maybe UGA is suddenly in good shape with some guys higher on the board than him, and he's feeling neglected lately.

Like I said, just a WAG.

Maybe he realized the SWAG at UT...

Reactions: 4 people
Naim Mustafaa, the 4-star linebacker who committed to UGA over Georgia Tech last month, will attend Friday’s “Dawg Night” prospect camp.

And after Dawg Night, Mustafaa will head directly from UGA for an overnight recruiting trip to Tennessee.

“I want to go up there and check it out; I have a good relationship with the Tennessee coaches,” Mustafaa told the AJC on Tuesday night.

The 6-foot-4, 235-pounder from Alpharetta High School said he remains committed to UGA but plans to take all five official visits as a senior.

“I’m going to use all five,” Mustafaa said. “I’m going to fly to Cali to see USC. I gave them my word that I would visit there. I’m also going to try to get out to Nebraska for a game. So it will be those two, and another one – Oklahoma State.

“Oklahoma State, they were one of my first offers. They were my No. 1 school at one point, when I only had a few offers. The only way for me to get over there, because it’s so far away, would be an official visit. I promised them I would come.”

When asked to put a percentage on his commitment to UGA, Mustafaa replied, “I couldn’t put a percentage on it. That’s where I want to go. It’s pretty strong. It took a lot for me to commit there, so I doubt I will have any change of mind.

“Still, I plan to go on these official visits, have fun, and go with an open mind.”

Mustafaa is the son of former Georgia Tech star Najee Mustafaa, who played seven seasons in the NFL.

Per AJC

I would feel good about our depth at middle backer with this kid and Barnes.

This is a legit question, not trolling: how did you arrive at the idea that he will be a MLB? He's a DE in HS. Do they often end up at MLB in college?

This is a legit question, not trolling: how did you arrive at the idea that he will be a MLB? He's a DE in HS. Do they often end up at MLB in college?

Honestly, it's simply my own assessment from watching him play. I like his potential and what he could bring to the position in a 3-4 alignment.

I would feel good about our depth at middle backer with this kid and Barnes.

At 6'4 and as a HS DE, I thought this kid would be more of a pass rusher. Is the staff recruiting as an ILB instead?

At 6'4 and as a HS DE, I thought this kid would be more of a pass rusher. Is the staff recruiting as an ILB instead?

I see him as a Maggit-type player swinging from inside to outside. UGA apparently wants him as an OLB, fyi.

This kids and OLB all day.. and Maggit is taking lots of snaps inside because of the lack of depth and uncertainty with Lathers

Per Volquest, Mustafaa has been in contact with the UT staff several times in recent weeks and "smoke is smoldering in his recruitment".

Reactions: 12 people

VN Store

Back