'12 JUCO WR Cordarrelle Patterson (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So basically your saying the route structure changes the play, but changing 1 or 2 routes doesnt?

Its probably an agree to disagree point.

1 or 2 routes doesn't always change the integrity of the route. If I'm running Y sail and I tag the backside players, I still have my complete Y sail 3 level stretch concept on the playside.

Let's say we use words to call plays here. Maybe they call 4 verticals "Colts". Would it make sense to have a completely different word for 4 verticals with X running a dig? Or would you just take your base play, Colts, and tag it with the call "x dig"?

A lot of times as fans, we confuse all the "window dressing" to be new plays. This would include, tag routes, motions, formations, and shifts.

Great article. Teams running the Air Raid are known for having 20 total plays (runs, passes,and screens), or less. There's no way we have 25-30 passing plays just for Hunter, and probably not total.

Smartfootball is an awesome website for any of you who actually want to learn something about football.

So are you saying that Dooley was just making **** up after the FL game?

Reactions: 1 person
I haven't seen anything official yet, but it looks like CP is good to go.

I'll wait to booom until I get an official word by VQ or someone.

So are you saying that Dooley was just making **** up after the FL game?

Keep reading, dude. I said either A he was being sarcastic like saying 'we have one hundred running plays for Lane' or B. he was talking about tags, were you take a play, then you just tell one or two guys to do something different.

I'm going to throwin a C here.

C- if we really have 25-30 plays just for Hunter, then I finally agree with the negavols that Chaney's offense will never work here.

Great article. Teams running the Air Raid are known for having 20 total plays (runs, passes,and screens), or less. There's no way we have 25-30 passing plays just for Hunter, and probably not total.

Smartfootball is an awesome website for any of you who actually want to learn something about football.
When you change the formations, move a guy here or there with motion, those plays multiply because most of our plays can be run out of all of our formations. That changes the reads and routes.

Whatever dude you come in here and run your mouth about something you had nothing to do with at all. Looking at most of your posts you probably know nothing about football or never played in your life. You came in the T.Dye thread running your mouth about me saying something to jmo not knowing why I said it. But you want to step in like you're running something. Man please, go back to the Political Forum or something(where you usually post). Damn L7

Maybe you won't get over it! Lulz, dude your ecred is the highest in all the land! You are omniscient! And the irony on the mouth running is extremely strong! I really love your logic on that one! You try to punk people out who disagree with you. That's ok I guess but don't get a hard on for me all of a sudden just because I called you a douche for bashing another poster. If you can dish it out you should be able to take it. I'll cruise any board I please thank you very much. What would the board be like if everyone believed everything you said and only agreed with you? You've got much to learn vol brother, most important being how to interact with people who don't kiss your azz and believe or agree with everything you say. Good luck to you.

Reactions: 6 people

It was amazing what holgerson on was able to do at wva, esp at the end when they were a well oiled machine(Clemson pummeling). One very interesting side note from that game that I think you'll see him continue to use and others adopt is the quick hit shotgun snap with a touch pass from the qb to the recvr in motion. It's snapped, qb just slaps it with both hands forward to sprinting wr in front of him either left or right. If the wr drops it it's an incomplete pass. Also you can fake it which clears the lb's.

As far as the opposite end of the spectrum from the air raid , I'm not sure which teams or schemes run the huge playbooks. Seems like either the run and shoot or west coast had a large one, can't remember. But it's odd that both are quick pass objective but one can be simple and the other quite complex.

Hearing CP had a going away cookout per his friends twitter. Should be on campus this week.

You know what, Slobber knocker, I sure am glad you used the term "cookout" instead of "barbeque." Very few people ever barbeque in this world; many cookout though. Shows CP and his friends/family have some style too: they know the difference between a barbeque and a cookout. And in case anyone doesn't know the difference, no hard feelings. Believe me, I have no disrespect for you, but just look up the difference on the internet. Perhaps it's the Carolina boy in me speaking, but anyhow...Go Cordarrelle, and go big damn Orange!

Last edited:
You know what, Slobber knocker, I sure am glad you used the term "cookout" instead of "barbeque." Very few people ever barbeque in this world; many cookout though. Shows CP and his friends/family have some style too: they know the difference between a barbeque and a cookout. And in case anyone doesn't know the difference, no hard feelings. Believe me, I have no disrespect for you, but just look up the difference on the internet. Perhaps it's the Carolina boy in me speaking, but anyhow...Go Cordarrelle, and go big damn Orange!

I agree...When I hear bbq I think northern. Cookout is southern.

Very happy for this young man who seems to be so excited about coming to play for the University of Tennessee. I hope he keeps that excitement once he gets on campus.

GO VOLS!

Maybe you won't get over it! Lulz, dude your ecred is the highest in all the land! You are omniscient! And the irony on the mouth running is extremely strong! I really love your logic on that one! You try to punk people out who disagree with you. That's ok I guess but don't get a hard on for me all of a sudden just because I called you a douche for bashing another poster. If you can dish it out you should be able to take it. I'll cruise any board I please thank you very much. What would the board be like if everyone believed everything you said and only agreed with you? You've got much to learn vol brother, most important being how to interact with people who don't kiss your azz and believe or agree with everything you say. Good luck to you.

Wait one minute dude. I've disagreed with several posters on here MH, Tha Don, Jay, and HG. When did I try to punk them. If you feel like I was punking you, oh well guy :birgits_giggle:. You need to learn how to mind your own business instead jumping in everything like a little busy body. Like I said before if you had known why I was bashing a certain poster maybe you would've STFU. But no you still decided to butt your nose in just like you did in this case with HG. I'm about done with this and I'll sit back and scan through threads from now on. Shxt is getting ridiculous on this board as of late. Peace out :peace2:

He'll also be deadly on the end arounds we run occasionally, good thing is that croom , pig, and Bowles will be introduced to college football in a somewhat more normal fashion. Hopefully we don't have to press true freshmen into service much longer unless they are just phenomenal talents. Here's to hoping cp is one. I'm really anxious to see who dooley settles on as our kickoff returners. I'd like to see cp and pig or maybe qw , leaving dy at punt returner

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back