'12 JUCO WR Cordarrelle Patterson (UT signee)

Status
Not open for further replies.
CP got a B in the class he had to pass and will be here next week. UT admission won't be a problem.

BOOM!!! In before MrBamSeydu comments about CP must not have qualified, because OCI said that he actually has qualified and will be admitted. :p

lol I'm sure that makes you sleep better at night thinking that was the reason UT lost to UF again(and Hunter going down)..not the fact your ST sucked, no running game, sucking on third down and your D allowing JB to look like a SEC QB or a 165 RB to go for over 100yards rushing and rec. :lol:

Those same guys may leave UF never losing to UT.

Yea Hunter going down had no effect on last years game at all. Even tho your defensive scheme completely changed when he went out..come on don't even try and feed us that bs.

Hope u stick around tho HG, you bring a lot of info to this site. The majority of people on here enjoy your posts..don't let a sour few ruin it.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Here is my issue with saying 99 and 89 are the same plays.

First the coverage dictactes the running back.

Also when you start running plays like 99 F Shoot X Motion Out. Your changing multiple routes and adding motion potentially.

This is not the same pass play imo. Maybe with changing one route, but not as you start to change 2 or 3 things.

Again 99 F Shoot X Motion Out compared to 89 (lets say that keeps RB in blocking) could actually change the oline coverage 9 to 8 which I agree there are limited oline blocking schemes, but it could also change the routes/assignments of 3 of the 5 eligible receivers.

WR have one of the easiest playbooks to learn though honestly. The RB has blockingg schemes, running plays, and passing plays. The Oline has to learn a system which is much harder then it sounds on the surface because you work as such a unit.

CP has run the routes he will be asked to run. Its a matter of getting acclimated with the playcalling more then anythingg probably and getting time to throw a lot with TBray. Also on many variations you are basically calling out to the receiver their route.

The biggest challenge is he may be asked to know 2 or 3 positions and whatnot.

Also he must get out there with DaRick, Tyler, and Justin and work work work to get timing ect down.

If they do that it could be one special year.

WR have one of the easiest playbooks to learn though honestly. The RB has blockingg schemes, running plays, and passing plays. The Oline has to learn a system which is much harder then it sounds on the surface because you work as such a unit.

CP has run the routes he will be asked to run. Its a matter of getting acclimated with the playcalling more then anythingg probably and getting time to throw a lot with TBray. Also on many variations you are basically calling out to the receiver their route.

The biggest challenge is he may be asked to know 2 or 3 positions and whatnot.

Also he must get out there with DaRick, Tyler, and Justin and work work work to get timing ect down.

If they do that it could be one special year.
You are incorrect.

WRs have much more to learn than routes. They have to know and make various reads on each play. Some of the reads are not easy to make and you have to hope that the QB is on the same page as you are and gets the same reads. That has to be made in a nanosecond. Each read, changes the route run, the depth of a route to be run.

Reactions: 1 person
You are incorrect.

WRs have much more to learn than routes. They have to know and make various reads on each play. Some of the reads are not easy to make and you have to hope that the QB is on the same page as you are and gets the same reads. That has to be made in a nanosecond. Each read, changes the route run, the depth of a route to be run.

Thats fair. As an olinemen I can certainly imagine there is stuff like that I have overlooked.

Especially for a guy like PAtterson who has always had so much talent that reading the depth of the zone and when to break off routes and be on the same page is key and maybe not something he has had to do a ton of yet in his career.

Very good point.

Last edited:
It is why we only saw Justin Hunter basically run go and corner routes and Da'Rick Rogers basically run sweeps their freshman year

You are incorrect.

WRs have the easiest as far offense goes though. Not saying they don't have much to learn, but compared to the rest of the offense they do.

Last edited:
OCI, is it 100% confirmed that CP can enroll at UT?

I'm cautiously guarding my boom until I hear something concrete.

You'll get over it

Whatever dude you come in here and run your mouth about something you had nothing to do with at all. Looking at most of your posts you probably know nothing about football or never played in your life. You came in the T.Dye thread running your mouth about me saying something to jmo not knowing why I said it. But you want to step in like you're running something. Man please, go back to the Political Forum or something(where you usually post). Damn L7

Nobody gives a crap about how many plays you think may or may not be in play book. Chaney will find a way to get cp, hunter and Darick the ball. The majority of the time it more about the jimmy and joes and not the x and o. We have a ton of explosive potential on offense

Butthurt, it's what's for dinner.

Also, for the many plays, few plays debate, here is an example of the smaller version and arguments for its adoption.

Why every team should install its offense in three days (and other political theories on coaching offense) | Smart Football

Great article. Teams running the Air Raid are known for having 20 total plays (runs, passes,and screens), or less. There's no way we have 25-30 passing plays just for Hunter, and probably not total.

Smartfootball is an awesome website for any of you who actually want to learn something about football.

Here is my issue with saying 99 and 89 are the same plays.

First the coverage dictactes the running back.

Also when you start running plays like 99 F Shoot X Motion Out. Your changing multiple routes and adding motion potentially.

This is not the same pass play imo. Maybe with changing one route, but not as you start to change 2 or 3 things.

Again 99 F Shoot X Motion Out compared to 89 (lets say that keeps RB in blocking) could actually change the oline coverage 9 to 8 which I agree there are limited oline blocking schemes, but it could also change the routes/assignments of 3 of the 5 eligible receivers.

That would be like saying that Y stick, X spot is a completely different play than Y stick. It's the exact same passing concept, you just add a slight wrinkle on the backside to effect the WLB.

What are you talking about with "oline coverage"? Are you talking about the oline blocking scheme? Oline's audible their blocking schemes all the time, that doesn't change the play. Even if the oline's blocking scheme call changes who is the hot wr or who has to stay in for pass protection, the route concept does not change. You are still reading it the same. The play still has the same rhythm for the QB, and the basic route structure and principles behind why that route structure works (oblique stretch, vertical stretch, 3 level concepts, triangle routes), are the still the same.

That would be like saying that Y stick, X spot is a completely different play than Y stick. It's the exact same passing concept, you just add a slight wrinkle on the backside to effect the WLB.

What are you talking about with "oline coverage"? Are you talking about the oline blocking scheme? Oline's audible their blocking schemes all the time, that doesn't change the play. Even if the oline's blocking scheme call changes who is the hot wr or who has to stay in for pass protection, the route concept does not change. You are still reading it the same. The play still has the same rhythm for the QB, and the basic route structure and principles behind why that route structure works (oblique stretch, vertical stretch, 3 level concepts, triangle routes), are the still the same.

So basically your saying the route structure changes the play, but changing 1 or 2 routes doesnt?

Its probably an agree to disagree point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back