New Commit

If this kid is a legitimate 6'10" as a junior in high school, then he could be 7'0" by the time he arrives (or plays) at UT. I see a few issues - 1) as you suggested, his ability to bend his knees could be an issue. At that height, skilled DE's could be able to get low to get around him. 2) How mobile is he? 285 pounds on a 6'10" frame is actually relatively skinny, but most 6'10" guys don't have any lateral quickness. 3) At that height, a QB's ability to see over him could very will be an issue.

I wonder if this kid could end up being moved to tight end.

Find his video, the kid is very athletic and moves well. He gets plenty low to the ground too.

You aren't concerned about the OL? We haven't had a good offensive line in a long time, and we didn't sign any last year.

I wasn't a fan of signing 0 OL last year. Seemed very Fulmerish. I don't think the OL played to its potential under Hiestand either, so we'll see.

The most recent "paper" on our offensive line shows it to be amongst the very worst teams in all of Division I football in run blocking. You might want to consider that fact before you start pronouncing them to be excellent on paper.

You must not understand what I mean. Here is a hint, it has to do with all the b******* going on in this thread.

*** (this is another hint)

I wasn't a fan of signing 0 OL last year. Seemed very Fulmerish. I don't think the OL played to its potential under Hiestand either, so we'll see.

We went after O Line, didn't get who we wanted. If we would have taken projects there would have been another couple of these threads.

If everything about this kid stayed the same with the exception that he had four stars by his name....nothing but booms across the board....sad really...bunch of star gazers :no: let the coaches eval talent

I agree with you 100 percent. Put a 4 star by his name this board would explode. He is 6 8 or 6 10 near 300 what does people want in a year in the weight room he might be a stud.:fireworks::rock::fireworks:

Reactions: 1 person
We red shirted three OL last year and picked up two more in that class. We took a shot at 5* DJ Humphries (SP?) in this last recruiting cycle because he was too good to pass up.

OL is a position of real depth, even if it hasn't been producing like we all want it to. Its not like having an extra 3 freshman offensive linemen on campus was going to change that unit this year. We already have three OL in this class, and unless someone leaves early, we are only losing three SRs to graduation.

This guy is probably going to have 2 years in the weight room before he sees the field. I wouldn't worry about him putting on enough weight.

If this kid is a legitimate 6'10" as a junior in high school, then he could be 7'0" by the time he arrives (or plays) at UT. I see a few issues - 1) as you suggested, his ability to bend his knees could be an issue. At that height, skilled DE's could be able to get low to get around him. 2) How mobile is he? 285 pounds on a 6'10" frame is actually relatively skinny, but most 6'10" guys don't have any lateral quickness. 3) At that height, a QB's ability to see over him could very will be an issue.

I wonder if this kid could end up being moved to tight end.

If they are going around him, it will be a long trip. Whether he plays great or not this is the first guy you want stepping off the bus. I like the pick-up. QB's don't usually look over offensive tackles, if ever.

We should play the intro to this when he runs onto the field!

finding-bigfoot-13.jpg

You can NOT coach SIZE. This kid has a huge frame. Give him two years in the strength and conditioning program with the right diet and he will be a stud. Who cares how many stars he has??? He is big and has great potential. I say it's a great pick up. Hope he sticks with us.

Totally agree. Here's the Denver Post article on his commitment ...

Ralston Valley's 6-foot-10 Dan Skipper commits to Tennessee

He is definitely easy to spot in the photo.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Some people in this thread need to attend the Zoolander Center for Children Who Can't Read Good and Wanna Learn How To Do Other Stuff Good Too

The Skipper looks like a solid prospect to me, looks better than a 3*. He finishes his blocks with authority and moves down the field to find others to hit.

VN Store

Back