2013 Silly Season

All signs point to JGR at this point. I think he takes the #20 Home Depot car and if Dollar General steps up, Joey gets the 4th Joe Gibbs ride. If they don't I see Joey being let go or dropped down to Nationwide.

I think JL's win saves his ride this year, but he has to continue to win races and improve his overall performance to continue in that ride. Home Depot is used to being successful in NASCAR and I am sure it burns their a$$ that JJ and Lowe's have won more championships than they have.

I think JL's win saves his ride this year, but he has to continue to win races and improve his overall performance to continue in that ride. Home Depot is used to being successful in NASCAR and I am sure it burns their a$$ that JJ and Lowe's have won more championships than they have.

Most likely Matt will get the #20 car to keep Home Depot happy. Joey needs to hope that Dollar General, or another sponsor, steps up to get him that 4th ride.

I honestly think it's Jack Roush more than Matt Kenseth. When you're one of NASCAR's top teams and you can't get any of your cars fully funded, then you need to stop demanding someone's first born and a few limbs to get on the car. There are smaller teams with less talent behind the wheel keeping cars on the track every week because they don't act too good for sponsorship dollars.

I honestly think it's Jack Roush more than Matt Kenseth. When you're one of NASCAR's top teams and you can't get any of your cars fully funded, then you need to stop demanding someone's first born and a few limbs to get on the car. There are smaller teams with less talent behind the wheel keeping cars on the track every week because they don't act too good for sponsorship dollars.

And he as Carl Edwards which every sponsor wants.

He's kinda like a walking commercial break. Ask him about never finding grip and you'll get a Frosted Flakes ad instead.

Home Depot may just be a good match for Kenseth. They're used to winning big and at this point, I'm sure they're more concerned with running up front again than having a horse mouth like Carl Edwards selling their brand. I agree with the post earlier about how they don't like seeing Lowes running better than them.

I think from a team standpoint, Penske would be a better match. I don't know the contract situation for A.J. but I'd rather have Matt in the Shell car if they could move him. After hearing Ford's statement, it doesn't sound like that's an option.

It's mostly Jack Roush.

I could see Kenseth taking the 20 over and Logano getting the 4th car

That seems is what will happen. Joey better hope Dollar General or another sponsor steps up for the 4th team. If not he could be let go or dropped back down to Nationwide.

Kenseth said that he already has a deal in place but can't announce it yet. Def looks like he's going to JGR though. It was his decision to leave. He wouldn't have done that without knowing where he was gonna land. I bet Gibbs still has to figure out what to do with Lagono before they announce it.

VN Store

Back