2013 NC WR Marquez North (UT signee)

Hubbs mentioned last week that he wouldn't be surprised if we took 4 WRs. We have Harris in good shape. North would be a tough pull but it would be huge. Has anyone heard if Mike Williams visited? He's a WR from SCar.

Reactions: 1 person
Hubbs mentioned last week that he wouldn't be surprised if we took 4 WRs. We have Harris in good shape. North would be a tough pull but it would be huge. Has anyone heard if Mike Williams visited? He's a WR from SCar.

Mike Williams was here for camp, but I don't believe we are in his top 4.

North is planning to come back for another visit.

He wants to visit Florida, UGA, & Ohio State also.

Please, dear little Baby Jesus, don't even know a single word yet, not another North Carolina kid with a Florida infatuation.

I think Harris will be a Vol on NSD. Would love for Camion Patrick to remain a Vol, but I think grades will stop that from happening.

Marquez North is rated the #3 WR in the nation currently by Rivals.com, but his film is unreal. A physical specimen at the WR position. I don't know if there is a WR in the country who is better. UT getting a visit today from North and the fact that North said that he would plan a return visit is great news. He is a stud. UT having a successful season and UT showing a solid passing attack as expected could possibly help with UT's recruitment of North.

IF UT has an extra successful season and attracts the big names at the WR position, I wouldn't be surprised at all to see UT drop some of their current WR commitments.

At about a minute into his highlight tape some kid just gets his head knocked off on a block...decleated, hilarious.

I personaly hope that our offense blows up next year and the big three of our wr corps goes pro early that is all the recruiting tool you need. We would see a lot of guys we wern't planning on getting committ if that were to hapen IMO

I personaly hope that our offense blows up next year and the big three of our wr corps goes pro early that is all the recruiting tool you need. We would see a lot of guys we wern't planning on getting committ if that were to hapen IMO
I hope our offense blows up and the big 3 of our wr corps all come back for their senior year.

Reactions: 3 people
"I liked it a lot today actually," North said. "The tour was great and the stadium was real nice. The new facility is going to be next to none so it was just a great visit overall."

The Vols have pursued North very hard this spring. It was a chance for him to learn more about Rocky Top and he did just that.

"I didn't know a lot about Tennessee up to now," North said. "I really enjoyed the visit and I want to make it back up here soon. I learned the exposure at Tennessee is pretty good. I learned the football aspects. I went to the academic facility and they stress academic honors. I learned the coaches sell you here. They sold they are going to have two first rounders at wide receiver."

North didn't workout during the day long camp, but he did spend time with running backs coach Jay Graham, who is in charge of recruiting him for Tennessee. North has noticed that Graham's caring personality would be an asset if he chooses the Vols.
-VQ

Reactions: 4 people
I guess the staff thinks either Hunter or Rogers is going 2nd round. :)

I think Patterson is going to be unreal this year for UT, but I don't see him getting drafted 1st round or ahead of Rogers or Hunter.

It would be nice, but I just don't see it.

kid definitely has all the tools to be elite, once he becomes more polished and consistent the skies the limit

FWIW Walker had South Carolina as his top school for a while before he committed to UNC, largely due to his relationship with Jay Graham.

2011 stats: 39 catches for 1022 yards (26.2 YPC) & 19 TDs.....18 carries for 410 yards (22.8 YPC) and 4 TDs.....4 kickoff returns for TDs of 89, 90, 92 and 97 yards

VN Store

Back