'13 TN OL Bobby Billingsley

I hope so then maybe we get him and morris then add Koehler as our center than I would love our oline haul for this year

@iGrind_Hard_: Talked with Coach Elder from UT earlier

Apparently Elder called him today. Teammate of Morris.

Hubbs is trying to find out more.

Back in the summer I was interested in this guy because of his speciality. That he’s a teammate of Morris at one of the more talent-producing schools in Memphis doesn’t hurt at all.

Back in the summer I was interested in this guy because of his speciality. That he’s a teammate of Morris at one of the more talent-producing schools in Memphis doesn’t hurt at all.

So we would be looking at picking up Billingsley & Morris and passing on Kondolo? Maybe Skipper plays into it as well?

So we would be looking at picking up Billingsley & Morris and passing on Kondolo? Maybe Skipper plays into it as well?

Because Billingsley’s a true inside C-type, I think it’s just trying to shore up Morris. And if they can get a pure center AND a stud tackle, then it’ll be a good package deal. I think it’s just to the “getting interest gauged” stage at this point.

Because Billingsley’s a true inside C-type, I think it’s just trying to shore up Morris. And if they can get a pure center AND a stud tackle, then it’ll be a good package deal. I think it’s just to the “getting interest gauged” stage at this point.

Agreed. Billingsley would probably need to redshirt and get his strength up. 305 bench press is a little light for an O-lineman.

Hopefully ALL of our incoming OL redshirt. Shouldn't that be the goal?

I suppose so with our current situation. Was just talking about Billingsley individually. Seems he could use a season of strength & conditioning with his current measurables.

Hopefully ALL of our incoming OL redshirt. Shouldn't that be the goal?

Tiny probably would’ve started if he didn’t get hurt. Sanders will probably apprentice this year behind JJ. Koeler was being recruited as a starter as a freshman, also. Some guys can, some guys can’t. Stone should’ve redshirted, but Markus Jackson didn’t need to. Depends on the guy.

We may not to 27 IMO. Which is where a guy like this comes in play.....

True. I hope that's the case. I just don't see us getting to 10 easily with the current targets known by this board.

Tiny probably would’ve started if he didn’t get hurt. Sanders will probably apprentice this year behind JJ. Koeler was being recruited as a starter as a freshman, also. Some guys can, some guys can’t. Stone should’ve redshirted, but Markus Jackson didn’t need to. Depends on the guy.

Right but with our current OL starters and backups none of the new guys will need to play unless there are multiple injuries. Redshirting isn't a bad thing, quite the opposite really. And I think the goal should be to redshirt most freshman, especially OL. IMO

Reactions: 1 person
Right but with our current OL starters and backups none of the new guys will need to play unless there are multiple injuries. Redshirting isn't a bad thing, quite the opposite really. And I think the goal should be to redshirt most freshman, especially OL. IMO

Are you conveying you actually want depth in this program? :huh:

Exceptions to every rule. But, most OL starting should be in their third year in a program. James and tiny are guys who in their second year could handle very well. If you are playing any as a frost, you do not have as much time inbthe weight room to lift because of the bumps and wear on the body and preparation.

If reshirted, you have tons of time to lift to het you sec ready against DL who have been in their programs longer than one year.

VN Store

Back