Stokes hangs out with Memphis Teen Battling Cancer

ut_stick

VolNation,

Trey Erwin, the 15 year-old Collierville High School football player who was diagnosed with Stage 4 pancreatic cancer, received special visitors yesterday. Jarnell Stokes and Collierville Alderman Tony Sarwar visited & prayed with Trey and his family yesterday afternoon. While Jarnell was there, Coach Martin called Trey to talk to him about his battle with cancer. I will attach the picture of Trey and Jarnell below. #PrayforTrey

AugiwAVCAAEkuh8.jpg

Help us raise money for Trey and St. Jude
http://www.tailgate4thecure.org

Stick

Reactions: 13 people
Thats awful. My prayers go out to him and his family.
It speaks a lot to Jarnell's character. Most 18yr olds thoughts are not on the needy. Way to rep the school and state of TN!

Reactions: 1 person
Thats awful. My prayers go out to him and his family.
It speaks a lot to Jarnell's character. Most 18yr olds thoughts are not on the needy. Way to rep the school and state of TN!

Agree me too. 15 is too young for this terrible disease. Heck any age is too young for this disease.

Way to go Jarnell.

You can just tell that Jarnell was raised right. My heart goes out to this family.

Unfair of what the kid Was dealt. Must of been cool for such a local amateur star to take interest in him. Stokes and Martin are good character men.

Coach Martin continues to impress me with his faith and character. We hear so much about the negatives in the AD, but I am very proud to have he and Jarnell Stokes representing the University of Tennessee.

What an awful thing for a 15 y.o. to have to go through, but thankfully his faith is strong.

Damn, kid looks good to have pancreatic cancer, let alone stage 4.

Prayers are about all that you can get at that point, because nothing outside of a miracle can help stage 4. Terrible for someone so young.

Damn, kid looks good to have pancreatic cancer, let alone stage 4.

Prayers are about all that you can get at that point, because nothing outside of a miracle can help stage 4. Terrible for someone so young.

My grandmother died from this disease....She looked the same as she always did up till the weekend she passed away. It's a horrible disease that only a miracle can fix....My prayers and thoughts are with this kid. Stokes and Martin continue to impress.

Wow, this is great to see. Everyone always wants to talk about the negative issues dealing with athletes. This is the type of attention the media should focus on. Stokes still a teen himself, being there with this young man showing him support is inspiring. I know there are other athletes that do this type of stuff too, but it is special when it is a VOL. The kid himself has to be very courageous knowing that his battle is almost impossible. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Here is a funny picture of Jarnell's shoe that he signed for Trey next to Trey's shoe that is the same model shoe (except in white). That is one HUGE shoe!!

AugfcIKCQAEZkX5.jpg

Stick

Inspiring stuff. I graduated from Collierville in 2010. I don't know Trey Erwin personally ,but I know a lot of people that do. I hear nothing but great things about him. My heart goes out to Trey and his family.

#PrayforTrey

Trey's dad is a Memphis Firefighter/Paramedic. Pray for the family--glad to see Jarnell and CCM take interest and reach out.

If I remember correctly, when Trey was diagnosed he was given 10 months to live. That was probably 6 months ago. As someone else mentioned, terrible cards he was dealt but he and the family have been incredibly strong. Keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

Ps, Coach Dooley spent some time with Trey also during the spring and called and invited him to the O&W game. Trey and his dad came and got to hang with the team and participate in all the festivities. Awesome to see from the Orange Family.

Trey passed a few minutes ago. If you pray then keep his family in your prayers. His story has been an inspiration to a lot of people.

Just absolute horrible news. Things like this really put life and other things into perspective, knowing a kid lost his battle with cancer. It makes you think that the problems we have in life sometimes aren't really that bad. I just pray that he had a great life and got to enjoy it to the most absolute fullest. Definitely will keep his family in my prayers.

Horrible to hear about Trey's passing, for his family's sake, but I'm glad his struggle is over. This kid made a huge impact on the City of Memphis. A lot of the Tigers had spent time with the kid, as had other athletes from the region. Hell, even Tim Tebow tweeted about him last night. The Memphis family lost a good one in Trey yesterday.

Jarnell tweeted this...

“Trey inspired me to always trust in God no matter how bad life's going. This kid dream was to become a Vol but he's in a better place now. Rip @treyerwin13”

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back