'13 AL RB Johnathan Ford (no longer a Vandy commit)

Doesn't he look like a poor man's version of the type of back Oregon, Cal, Florida, or USC would offer? You know the Justin Forsett, Bigelow, Joe McKnight (HS version)...

Stanford offered. Says he's still committed to Vandy though. Knew he looked like a potential west coast back, however.

Intersting, will UGA really take possibly Kamara and another back.

I thought Kamara was signed sealed and delivered, though I may have counted out Oregon to quickly there.

He is a real wildcard.

I really like Ford, I think as BB said, he is a nice fit where he can redshirt and get in the weight room. Could be the type of guy splitting carries and starting near the end of his career.

Visiting UA this weekend and some believe if UA pushes hard and offers he might commit. UA is not recruiting him as a RB but as an ATH and want him as a DB first per Ford

Either way the kid is a really solid athlete. Wish we went after more athletes and figured it out after they got here in some cases.

He better not go to Bama as a DB. He's too good of a back. Can't believe we were looking Marquez Grayson more than this kid. Sometimes I just don't get it. Kind of kid you can let return kicks early on too.

He better not go to Bama as a DB. He's too good of a back. Can't believe we were looking Marquez Grayson more than this kid. Sometimes I just don't get it. Kind of kid you can let return kicks early on too.

You must've forgot Dr. Phil, excuse me, Nick Satan, excuse me Saban is a world renowned shrink. Freudian like. He'll play DB and like it unfortunately.

SN: see if you'd paid your $ like I told you we could've got our Bounty Gate going on. It worked for the Saints defense why couldn't it work for ours?

Reactions: 1 person
You must've forgot Dr. Phil, excuse me, Nick Satan, excuse me Saban is a world renowned shrink. Freudian like. He'll play DB and like it unfortunately.

SN: see if you'd paid your $ like I told you we could've got our Bounty Gate going on. It worked for the Saints defense why couldn't it work for ours?

Because Saban has Dooley and Sunseri on payroll. Lol

So Alabam could have five running backs in this class with only two being an actuall running back. Kmara will be their slot Wr, Henry will be a linebacker, and this kid will be a Db. I'm sure Saben told everyone of them that if they come to Bama that they would have a chance to be the guy at running back.

So Alabam could have five running backs in this class with only two being an actuall running back. Kmara will be their slot Wr, Henry will be a linebacker, and this kid will be a Db. I'm sure Saben told everyone of them that if they come to Bama that they would have a chance to be the guy at running back.

Henry won't be a LB. He's too good with the ball.

I doubt this kid goes to Bama. But hell this state is Bama crazy so who knows what happens. If I were advising him any it would be to go to Stanford as a RB. Top notch OL, less competition at RB, run heavy pro style scheme. I wouldn't think twice about it. But you know family does play a role.

Kamara has pretty much been recruited as an athlete throughout the process by Bama. One of the main reasons he hasnt pulled the trigger, imo.

Breaker is right regarding Henry. He might not be the prototype but he produces and thats all that matters

UT just offered.

Why in the world did we wait until now when he is committed to Vandy. If we had offered earlier when we had some momentum with this kid then he might have committed to us back in the summer. I like the offer I just don't get why we waited so long.

If we had offered when Candy did, everyone would be wondering why the staff is reaching for subpar recruits. Is there a perfect time to offer by VN standard?

Reactions: 3 people
Bama likes him as an athlete. Fortenberry said that we might have him projected at corner. He said that he would try to do an interview with Ford and see what position UT is recruiting him for.

VN Store

Back