Bryce Brown to Eagles

Does anyone know if Brown privately worked out for them?
I believe he skipped the combine, so I was surpised he got drafted.
But maybe he really impressed them in a private workout.

IF Bryce has his head on straight and puts 100% into this, he has the talent to be a very good RB in the NFL. Whether he has the determination is yet to be determined, but you all act like it's some shocker that he was drafted. He has the skills.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If his high school 40 time is real, which I dont know,
he has the speed to play in the NFL. The size too at 220.

I thought the problem at KSU was he wouldn't learn the playbook and show up to practice.
He would really have to work hard at the NFL level to learn plays.
At KSU they said he hadn't learned which blocks to pick up in pass protection.

No he won't. He's as soft as they come, which was evident at UT and Kansas and was also why he couldn't stand up to his dad. He has a ton of talent and seems like a nice guy, but he doesn't have the mental toughness to make this happen.

I don't know about that.
He played at UT with a hip pointer as a freshmen, which from what I read is incredibily painful, and played pretty well with it.

NFL combine grades are made from measurable drills (workout and position)...they are what they are. But none of the guys you mentioned are doing the grading at the combine, as you said they are there for the entertainment value nothing more.

Teams look for value in the late rounds not sure Eagles will find any with BB. Will he be a bust? Not sure you can ever call a 6 or 7 rounder a bust. Maybe he will be another Foster who knows.

Personal opinion is Eagles needed a RB and should have picked one in rounds 2-3. jmo

Probably right but he is one of those with the prototypical size and speed. Round seven is probably worse than being an UFA in my opinion. Was Bryce at the combine?

Probably right but he is one of those with the prototypical size and speed. Round seven is probably worse than being an UFA in my opinion. Was Bryce at the combine?

dont think brown worked out at the combine

Wasn't invited to combine, but had private workouts with position coaches for the Philadelphia Eagles, Detroit Lions and Kansas City Chiefs. At his Pro Day he ran a 4:37 40.

Last edited:

Exactly how is being undrafted better than being drafted in the seventh round?

Exactly how is being undrafted better than being drafted in the seventh round?

As an undrafted free agent, a player can pick and choose amongst offers from various teams (if more than one team is interested). Therefore, he can try to choose the team that he has the best chance of making the roster. 7th round draft choices don't get that opportunity.

Reactions: 3 people
As an undrafted free agent, a player can pick and choose amongst offers from various teams (if more than one team is interested). Therefore, he can try to choose the team that he has the best chance of making the roster. 7th round draft choices don't get that opportunity.

Fair point

True, but I always felt if a team wasted a draft choice on you, they are going to give you more time to proof yourself and make the roster then a FA gets.

Think about it he was rated higher than trent. What a waste of talent,

Yeah, waste of talent, sure. But rating or no, IMO he never COULD have been the back that Trent Richardson is. He could have been really good. Maybe even special, but not Trent special. That dude is a monster

Wish him well but like everything he does, He'll quit and end up on welfare and blame it all on his dad because he wasn't man enough to make his own choices.

So he's quit and been on welfare in the past? What did he quit prior to transferring from UT? What is everything else? Got a list?

Like most of your posts, this one is uninformed as well.

What in the world would some uninformed rube like you know about a young man for which you aren't acquainted?

No he won't. He's as soft as they come, which was evident at UT and Kansas and was also why he couldn't stand up to his dad. He has a ton of talent and seems like a nice guy, but he doesn't have the mental toughness to make this happen.[/QUOTE]

And you know these things how?

I've never seen so many people make characterizations about a guy without the first dam clue. It's quite amazing, but most of all, embarrassing to you and our fanbase.

He ran a 4.3 in private workouts at 6-1,220 lbs all after taking a full season off.

The eagles weren't the only ones impressed.

Reactions: 3 people
The eagles always take chances on guys, mike Vick, and they signed Cliff Harris the corner that got kicked out of Oregon.

Yeah, waste of talent, sure. But rating or no, IMO he never COULD have been the back that Trent Richardson is. He could have been really good. Maybe even special, but not Trent special. That dude is a monster

It just goes to show the fallacy of the high school ratings - one guy is a true warrior and national champion - the other guy bails at the first sign of competition not once but twice.

IMHO, Brown will never be mature enough or have the gonads to play in the NFL - he needs to get his correspondence classes caught up and get some kind of college degree.

He was a superstar in high school - rated high coming out - maybe all the hype was a disadvantage but - he did less with what he had than anyone in recent memory.

Good pick by the Eagles in a throwaway draft position = there is about a 5 - 10% chance the man has football in him so give him a look. Bryce is a very poor man's Ricky Williams - I want to play - I don't want to play.....

And you know these things how?

I've never seen so many people make characterizations about a guy without the first dam clue. It's quite amazing, but most of all, embarrassing to you and our fanbase.

I know these things because they happened in view of public. His dad made him de-commit from Miami. His dad made him leave UT. His dad made him then go play for Kansas State. And while at Kansas State when he did play he played like a wimp. If that doesn't show signals of someone that isn't mentally tough enough to you, then you've got blinders on.

And to claim that this is embarrassing to our fanbase is beyond idiotic since it has nothing to do with the Vols at this point.

VN Store

Back