Undrafted Free Agents

If I were an owner/coach/whatever, I would expect potential NFL players to EARN their way into the league. I would NOT want a lazy quitter anywhere close to my locker room. But that's just me.

Agree. BB demonstrated himself to be a head case in the range of Clarett and Ricky Williams... he just showed his sooner.

Poole stayed in college 4 years, BB played 1 full season of college ball and gets drafted. That should tell most fans how bad our running back situation really was last year. I wish Poole the best since he stuck it out with us during the worst 4 years on the hill but I don't think he will make it at the next level. Hope I am proved wrong but I have not seen anything during his time here that makes me think NFL RB.

I always liked Poole's story and defended his performance in college. However, I do not think he has the raw talent to make it in the NFL.

On the other hand, I think Austin Johnson may surprise people.

Reactions: 2 people
None of this is close to true..Its much easier to get prescription meds and as much pain as these guys stay in I'm sure its expected they stay on those and that won't get them kicked off like weed would.

that is idiotic and I should not even have to explain why

Reactions: 1 person
This just goes to prove how stupid the marijuana laws in this country are. If a kid smokes weed, it will cost him practically his whole career, despite the fact that alcohol is far more dangerous, debilitating, and destructive. Our country is fine with sending kids to jail for a few years and ensuring they NEVER get a college education, while beer advertisers are all over the NFL.

Sorry about going off on a rant like that, but I felt like it needed to be said. Good luck to all these guys in the NFL.

THIS THIS AND THIS! Its sad people are saying "should have had a few beers instead" alcohol will ruin lives and families in a heartbeat I know a lot of people who smoke and will not touch alcohol. This country is backwards.

Reactions: 1 person
I always liked Poole's story and defended his performance in college. However, I do not think he has the raw talent to make it in the NFL.

On the other hand, I think Austin Johnson may surprise people.

I do think Austin Johnson can play. I hope he makes a team. He is a team guy that can play on both sides of the ball and is fairly athletic. You did say "serviceable" backs don't put up 1000 yard seasons in the SEC. I will not hold you to that evaluation since now you have his senior year to look at as well as seven rounds of draft results. You invested a lot of posts in defending/promoting Poole.

If I were an owner/coach/whatever, I would expect potential NFL players to EARN their way into the league. I would NOT want a lazy quitter anywhere close to my locker room. But that's just me.

He is going to have to "earn" his way into the NFL. All that being drafted means is that he is going to get a shot in training camp and preseason to prove himself. First time he is lazy or a quitter he is off the team. NFL teams don't invest enough in a free agent to hold onto them if they are any trouble. Some team was going to sign him as an undrafted free agent, drafting him just assured that you did not have to compete with other teams to sign him. The bottom line is that you are looking for a diamond in the rough in the seventh round, and Bryce Brown has a better chance of being this than most other options.

Yeah, I think that most people can agree that weed laws are stupid, but they are still laws.

It's a discipline issue. Show some restraint sometimes. Getting high isn't THAT crucial.

And to get CAUGHT you have to be pretty loose about it in the first place.

True. But it's just silly the double standard our society has. Kids are going to find a way to get high, and the problem is that marijuana stays in the system much longer than any other drug, so these kids are going to start thinking, "oh well if I can't smoke weed, maybe I should start snorting pills with alcohol since that only stays in my system for a few days." Kids this age don't have much discipline, unfortunately. :ermm: It's part of being a kid just getting adjusted to college life.

Honestly, how does one get signed as a FA, to be a Long snapper? is there honestly any skill to that position? I felt like I missed out on a golden opportunity lol. Way to go Nick Guess.

Honestly, how does one get signed as a FA, to be a Long snapper? is there honestly any skill to that position? I felt like I missed out on a golden opportunity lol. Way to go Nick Guess.

You walk-on as a long snapper and don't screw up for 4 years.

Obviously, there is.

yea thats where he signed a 1.87 million contract with a $165,000 signing bonus :eek:lol:, your right ! :good!:

I'm glad someone said something. I get tired of hearing people dog Ainge on here. He played his heart out for Tennessee and still supports Tennessee. I've never understood why people don't like him.

A golden opportunity.. You're expected to be perfect for 4 years. You get no credit what so ever from anyone until you mess up once and you're the goat. I wouldn't call that a golden opportunity.. Bryce Brown's situation on the other hand, a golden oppertunity, You're so hyped up that you don't even have to play college football (I know he played some) before anyone tried to call me out.. but didn't play much..to get drafted. Thats crazy.

VN Store

Back