A Fair Expectation for Coach Dooley.

I've never heard anyone trying to predict the future, just that people are starting to worry about the direction of the program and if Dooley is the answer.

We have five years of evidence, and a lot of different ways to quantify the numbers. I can see how people come up with different conclusions, but It's more than a fair question to wonder if Dooley is the guy to bring our program back IMO.

he's already on the hot seat. 9 would get him off of it, though some would still want him gone. That's the way it is

I believe that nine wins should be expected with the talent coming back and the schedule. I don't believe that too many people would be calling for his head with that kind of season.

I don't know very much about football, but I would put jay's knowledge of the game against anyone's opinions on here.

BS. You're selling yourself short. You know the game. Methinks you're just being modest.

I've never heard anyone trying to predict the future, just that people are starting to worry about the direction of the program and if Dooley is the answer.

We have five years of evidence, and a lot of different ways to quantify the numbers. I can see how people come up with different conclusions, but It's more than a fair question to wonder if Dooley is the guy to bring our program back IMO.

no joke

Some of us just handle the situation better and realize that nobody knows if he will or won't.
And you guys don't seem to understand that outside of Saban, the HC's success depends on his assistants.
If I'm DD, Chaney scares me a little because a lot is riding on his O.

Actually, you have to rely on the Reimann hypothesis to figure it out. This is especially problematic because no mathematician -- including the legendary and Nobel Prize winning John F. Nash Jr. (the guy portrayed in "A Beautiful Mind"), who was literally driven to madness in an attempt to prove it -- has been able to prove this conjecture about nontrivial (year) zeros since it was first proposed by Bernhard Reimann in 1859.

All that being said, I think we can figure it out.

I did qualify the Avagadro/cobalt thingy with "I think". Now my mind is completely blown with your revelation. I haven't felt this way since high school physics class where I heard Carl Sagan illustrate that our universe is both finite AND infinite in his Cosmos series by saying, "The universe is finite yet ever expanding." Mind. Blown. I'm going to go ponder just how insignificant we really are in relation to the universe. I need a tall mountain to seclude myself on in order to do that correctly.

Last edited:
They grab opportunity by the hips; they pull opportunity in close; they thrust themselves into that opportunity with all their manhood; and they continue to crush that opportunity again and again....for thirty seconds or so.

Your analogy=better.

Last edited:
Spartacus, I have an honest question. No need for taking shots. If you take away the youth and inexperience problems, which do hold some water in my eyes, but they aren't the be all end all.

My question is, what has Dooley honestly done to gain our patience? Nothing has went right so far with him. You take away the playing without a full deck, we have still had some games that we should have won. LSU comes to mind. Just give me a fair answer as to why I should have any patience with the guy, when he has shown that he could probably screw up a wet dream.

Spartacus, I have an honest question. No need for taking shots. If you take away the youth and inexperience problems, which do hold some water in my eyes, but they aren't the be all end all.

My question is, what has Dooley honestly done to gain our patience? Nothing has went right so far with him. You take away the playing without a full deck, we have still had some games that we should have won. LSU comes to mind. Just give me a fair answer as to why I should have any patience with the guy, when he has shown that he could probably screw up a wet dream.

I'm not going to tell you to have confidence or not. That's your call. It's not an intelligent call either way because there are so damn many factors involved in a team being successful.
And I already felt like I was ready for what we were about to run into when Kiffin bolted and felt it would be 4 years to recover. And that was before other issues with injuries and Dooley's mistakes. Maybe a gimmicky offense or two and a coach or two could have won a couple of more games, but who knows.
Just let Dooley be judged on how his team plays with a little talent and it will all work itself out.

Reactions: 3 people
I'm not going to tell you to have confidence or not. That's your call. It's not an intelligent call either way because there are so damn many factors involved in a team being successful.
And I already felt like I was ready for what we were about to run into when Kiffin bolted and felt it would be 4 years to recover. And that was before other issues with injuries and Dooley's mistakes. Maybe a gimmicky offense or two and a coach or two could have won a couple of more games, but who knows.
Just let Dooley be judged on how his team plays with a little talent and it will all work itself out.

Fair enough I suppose.

9 wins should give him a top 20 finish

8 wins with a bowl win I see us making the top 25

8 wins with a bowl loss, doesn't seem likely
------------------------------------------------------------
Having said that, 8 wins is the expectation

Depending on who we play in the bowl, and if we win/lose, we'll see

But think 8 wins with the bowl game and he will probably keep his job for another year

9 wins and he gets a new contract

10 wins and we're gonna see a lot of bandwagoners riding the Dooley train

this is all with the consideration that we don't have a ridiculous amount of injuries or something crazy happen

I'll play along. You call me Babs. I'll call you 3 fools drama queens, which you are.

The only reason you get respect around here anyways is because of the bottom of the boobs shot on your avatar and every man digs bottom boob. If you didn't have that avatar, you'd be another RavenH

I don't know RavenH. How does he feel about bottom boob?

no joke

Some of us just handle the situation better and realize that nobody knows if he will or won't.
And you guys don't seem to understand that outside of Saban, the HC's success depends on his assistants.
If I'm DD, Chaney scares me a little because a lot is riding on his O.

But Dooley is an extreme example.

Off the top of my head, I can think of approximately zero head coaches at prominent programs who -- like DD --were neither offensive nor defensive coordinators prior to becoming an HC.

I don't know very much about football, but I would put jay's knowledge of the game against anyone's opinions on here.

mj-laughing.gif

Reactions: 1 person
They grab opportunity by the hips; they pull opportunity in close; they thrust themselves into that opportunity with all their manhood; and they continue to crush that opportunity again and again....for thirty seconds or so.

And then I came. More like a minute tho.

It's a shame that you got it wrong though...

He's a good buddy of mine.....well, for now. I might have to re-examine my position if the shenanigans continue.

He's just jealous that the closest he can come to being a coach is his daughter's pee wee soccer team, but it's all good. He's a good dude.

VN Store

Back