Bad Coach or No Talent?

who has a TN team beaten in the past 5, 6, 7 years that they shouldn't have?

05 - LSU

06 - Cal debatable, but Tennessee wasn't 30 points better than them (35-3 before the scrubs went in)

07 - UGA

08 - No one

09 - UGA

10 - No one, but UNC was a terribly officiated game

11 - Unfortunately, no one.

Last edited:
I don't think Tennessee was 30 points better than them. 2006 UGA also was a good one for that season too
I was just thinking in terms of who actually had the better team. I'm not convinced Tennessee was better than South Carolina in 2009, either. That team wasn't good, but Tennessee was pretty bad, too.

I was just thinking in terms of who actually had the better team. I'm not convinced Tennessee was better than South Carolina in 2009, either. That team wasn't good, but Tennessee was pretty bad, too.

USCe's predictable late season skid diminishes that imo

Me too and that was my point. Hey, the glass may half empty for me when it comes to UT a lot of times, but at the end of the day, you and I are still screaming for our Vols come Saturdays in the fall. We'll always have that in common.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

get a room

I have no doubt gamblers though they were better, but I don't buy that they were actually a better team.

Fair enough.

But Dooley -- despite many many opportunities -- hasn't beaten a team that was favored. This was the initial question, as I recall.

[Edit] the initial question wasn't phrased like that, but I still believe it to be pertinent information in that when you fail to beat a team that is favored against you, this continues to ensure that you will have more and more opportunities to beat a team that is favored to beat you. And yet...

Last edited:
Fair enough.

But Dooley -- despite many many opportunities -- hasn't beaten a team that was favored. This was the initial question, as I recall.

[Edit] the initial question wasn't phrased like that, but I still believe it to be pertinent information in that when you fail to beat a team that is favored against you, this continues to ensure that you will have more and more opportunities to beat a team that is favored to beat you. And yet...
I think Vanderbilt was favored, but I would say that makes Dooley look worse.

I do agree with you on this point. My greatest disappointment from last year was that it appeared that the coaches (starting with CDD) and the players quit about halfway through it. It ended with the whole team simply mailing in the UK game with a bowl invitation on the line. I hold CDD responsible for all of that.

it wasn't even half way thorugh the season, Dooley didn't have us competitive in the second half all season

Last edited:
It must be cool to be allvawls123

Having a life that revolves around logging into an obscure forum and bashing a man who accomplished more in his first 20 years of life than swallowballs123 could in 200.

:eek:k:

Having a life that revolves around logging into an obscure forum and bashing a man who accomplished more in his first 20 years of life than swallowballs123 could in 200.

****, Freak. We've got a problem here.

Oh, and post less.

To answer the OP...both.

Yeah, this team was in no way shape or form going to win ten games the last two years. Anyone who expected that was idiotic. But I don't think it's unfair to be, let's say, 13-12 instead of 11-14. I mean, against UGA and USClite in 2011, while they had more talent, UT still could have won those games (I believed we should have beat UGA actually). And then you got UK, and then Vandy, who doesn't have our talent, was thisclose to beating us and should have (but hey, we won, that's how the game goes).

It doesn't have to be one or the other. It can be "Hey, yeah Dooley inherited a tough situation with a sucky roster and had to completely rebuild. He was not going to win a lot of games. However, there have been a good amount of coaching errors in Dooley's tenure that have cost us and possibly could hurt us in the future."

Who?

VN Store

Back