Did you know that Bama had ..,.

This doesn't have jack to do with UT.
The only thing this does is draw a parallel, that in my opinion isn't equal. Bama had Saban running the show. wee have an unproven Dooley whose name alone doesn't automatically get the players with NFL talent.

If you wanna draw parallels, draw them between Shula and Dooley, not Saban. Every day draws eerily similar to Shula-esque, imo.

Reactions: 2 people
Not neccessarily. Look how many players we had drafted from 1999 to 2008. Then look how many national championships we had. They certainly help, but don't ensure a national championship

We might not have won any national championships during that time, but I think most of us would love to go back to the days when 9 wins was an off year. Look at it this way, there can be no doubt that a team with lots and lots of talent, i.e. UT back then and Bama now, are going to have a chance in any game they play just based off of being more talented than their opponents. I can remember when Tennessee almost never looked across the field and saw a team with more pure talent than them. How often can we say that now?

After reading the title to this thread I thought it was going to say.. an "abysmal infractions track record" and an "extensive recent history of infractions cases unmatched by any other member institution in the NCAA.”

Reactions: 2 people
This doesn't have jack to do with UT.
The only thing this does is draw a parallel, that in my opinion isn't equal. Bama had Saban running the show. wee have an unproven Dooley whose name alone doesn't automatically get the players with NFL talent.

If you wanna draw parallels, draw them between Shula and Dooley, not Saban. Every day draws eerily similar to Shula-esque, imo.

What !? Shula sucked with good talent. Dooley has been suck-ish with little tallent.

What !? Shula sucked with good talent. Dooley has been suck-ish with little tallent.

In the years before Shula's arrival, Bama's recruiting classes ranked 37, 45, and 19.

In the years before Dooley's arrival, UT's classes ranked 4, 35, and 8.

Even taking attrition into account, I'm not sure it's fair to say that Shula had better talent on hand than Dooley.

In the years before Shula's arrival, Bama's recruiting classes ranked 37, 45, and 19.

Even taking attrition into account, I'm not sure it's fair to say that Shula had better talent on hand than Dooley.
Buck Fama

Reactions: 1 person

I'm here to tell you that those rankings are flat out wrong whatever service they came from. Do some research and you will find that the 4 class was an absolute bust. The 8 class was as well as kiffin has been slammed repeatedly for that class of basically thugs. For a writer your research skills are terrible, tighten up.

I'm here to tell you that those rankings are flat out wrong whatever service they came from. Do some research and you will find that the 4 class was an absolute bust. The 8 class was as well as kiffin has been slammed repeatedly for that class of basically thugs. For a writer your research skills are terrible, tighten up.

UT's classes might not have lived up to their rankings, but Shula was saddled with a probation-strapped squad full of mediocre players. Let's also not kid ourselves and pretend that the previous staff didn't do a solid job setting the table for Dooley's 2010 class. Shula didn't have a bit of involvement with the brutally mediocre class than Fran and Price jointly left him.

VN Store

Back