Anybody know if this is true?

If I remember correctly UTex burnt orange comes from the D Royal days in the early 60s. Something to do with him changing the colors as to match the color of the football. As to camoflouge it, so defenders would have trouble figuring out who had the ball.

UT does have a secret society.

And if you can either confirm or deny the existence of such, you are summarily not involved in it. :)

I thought it was so you could go hunting with your ut gear and wouldn't get shot...or a ticket for not wearing any orange

Whomever posted the reply that cited "horticulturalists" having said that there is no such thing as an orange daisy is 168% wrong.

As of this date there are over 168 known varieties of orange daisies...as with most flowers the colors hue and brightness vary from the outside edge of the blossom to the center, so there is no one variety whose color exactly matches the official UT orange (it is copyrighted and registered). Seen from a distance (such as a classroom) a field of several different varieties of daisies could and probably do appear like an "orange field".

The selection of the color orange has never had anything to do with any "secret" societies, or such. What a load of bunk that is!
MG

The UT athletic dept immediately had all of the "appropriately" colored daisies erradicated from the Earth and all nearby planets.

I now have brain damage. I just read through the whole thread. Or maybe I had brain damage and it caused me to read the whole thread.

Reactions: 1 person
Dan Brown has a storyline for his next novel. We need someone with design skills to create cover art.

1306850940926s.jpg

Because this old man told the OP this, then the OP was the last person to ever see the old man.

Glad everyone knows now why we score in the checkered board. Symbolism of the Order.

If I were you, I'd forget you ever spoke to that guy...people have a way of disappearing around the stadium..generally after halftime lately.....

VN Store

Back