Bank of America refusing businesses that support the 2nd Amendment

TVOLS

Just getting the word out

Bank of America is refusing to do business with Firearms related manufacturers.

Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd Amendment

Phoenix, Arizona --(Ammoland.com)- McMillan Fiberglass Stocks, McMillan Firearms Manufacturing and McMillan Group International have been collectively banking with Bank of America for 12 years.

Today Mr. Ray Fox, Senior Vice President, Market Manager, Business Banking, Global Commercial Banking came to my office. He scheduled the meeting as an “account analysis” meeting in order to evaluate the two lines of credit we have with them. He spent 5 minutes talking about how McMillan has changed in the last 5 years and have become more of a firearms manufacturer than a supplier of accessories.

At this point I interrupted him and asked “Can I possibly save you some time so that you don’t waste your breath? What you are going to tell me is that because we are in the firearms manufacturing business you no longer want my business.”

“That is correct” he says.

I replied “That is okay, we will move our accounts as soon as possible. We can find a 2nd Amendment friendly bank that will be glad to have our business. You won’t mind if I tell the NRA, SCI and everyone I know that BofA is not firearms industry friendly?”

“You have to do what you must” he said.

“So you are telling me this is a politically motivated decision, is that right?”

Mr Fox confirmed that it was. At which point I told him that the meeting was over and there was nothing let for him to say.

I think it is import for all Americans who believe in and support our 2nd amendment right to keep and bear arms to know when a business does not support these rights. What you do with that knowledge is up to you. When I don’t agree with a business’s political position I can not in good conscience support them.

We will soon no longer be accepting Bank of America credit cards as payment for our products.

Read more at Ammoland.com: Bank of America Refusing Businesses that Support the 2nd Amendment

In other words, someone who believes in almost unadulterated individual liberty is outraged that another (in this case a business) is choosing whom to associate with for whatever reason they please.

Maybe they think Obama will try to ban guns and don't want the risk.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

In other words, someone who believes in almost unadulterated individual liberty is outraged that another (in this case a business) is choosing whom to associate with for whatever reason they please.

when put that way, it seems like an ok decision, but why alienate and anger such a large customer base because of political considerations?

when put that way, it seems like an ok decision, but why alienate and anger such a large customer base because of political considerations?

Conviction?

I do not know why they are running their business in such a manner. I am not bothered by their decisions, though.

Good question. I wonder what else may be going on here that doesn't meet the eye?

Maybe the manufacturer is sort of ... embellishing? Because of some other problem and he is making an excuse?

I say this in part because ...

snopes.com: Bank of America -- McMillan Firearms Manufacturing

It's totally within BoA's rights to refuse anybody service for any reason, but I, in turn, will refuse to be their customer. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: 1 person
The problem I have is the same people at BOA who don't want to do business with this gun company are the same people teaming with Wal-Mart..who is the nations biggest gun retailer.

Yeah, I'm not gonna refinance my house just because they don't like guns. I don't use my credit card with them anyway. Very low interest, but it's a rewards card that gets like 1% cashback. Pretty lame.

VN Store

Back