Atlanta Braves II

Status
Not open for further replies.
Inexplicable that he's not in Gwinnett when they were seriously thinking about giving him a shot at the majors. I guess they were already hedging about sending Pastornicky down and didn't want to have to send Simmons down if they did so? So instead Simmons is wasting time in Mississippi when he needs to be hitting the highest-level pitching available. What a cluster.
Haven't AA and AAA become a lot more interchangeable?

This. Jim Edmonds was a sham.

He had almost 500 putouts one year. He was the best outfielder I've ever seen, and it's not close. He played right behind second base and went back and got everything. Jim Edmonds got his reputation diving for balls that Andruw was already camped out underneath.

Then he got fat and it ruined him. More power, but his bat slowed down and he lost that preternatural first step in CF. I don't expect to see anything like that again.

He had almost 500 putouts one year. He was the best outfielder I've ever seen, and it's not close. He played right behind second base and went back and got everything. Jim Edmonds got his reputation diving for balls that Andruw was already camped out underneath.

Then he got fat and it ruined him. More power, but his bat slowed down and he lost that preternatural first step in CF. I don't expect to see anything like that again.

I completely agree. Putting on weight and bulking up did the same thing to KG, jr....injuries and lack of speed. I was sad to see both drop off.

Gonna need your definition of sham.

You know how 12 year olds coast to a ball they know they can get to and/or pull up a few feet short so they can dive for it and everyone can tell them how great they are when in reality they should have gotten in front of it/caught it in stride? An adult version of that.

I'm not saying every play he made falls under that category.. He made some great catches and was a good CFer, but i vividly remember a handful of balls he tracked and had a beat on the whole way and dogged it so that he could dive. And it's not like I watched him every day.

Don't know if I agree with that, exactly, but both great players, Andruw Jones the far better fielder, and one of the best of all time when he was at his best.

What is it?

It's got 2 paid levels. Level 1 which i got is 2.99 a month and gets you the radio broadcast of every game, stats, highlight video and a condensed video of every game that breaks down an entire game into about 10 minutes of the high spots.

The next level is something like 120 for the year and gets you the TV broadcast of every game on your phone/ iPad.

My 9 year old who hardly ever sees anything past the 4th inning grabs my iPad every morning to watch highlights.

It's got 2 paid levels. Level 1 which i got is 2.99 a month and gets you the radio broadcast of every game, stats, highlight video and a condensed video of every game that breaks down an entire game into about 10 minutes of the high spots.

The next level is something like 120 for the year and gets you the TV broadcast of every game on your phone/ iPad.

My 9 year old who hardly ever sees anything past the 4th inning grabs my iPad every morning to watch highlights.

I ponied up for the full subscription last year when they added MLB.tv support for the Apple TV, and it's great. Being able to watch not only on the the phone/iPad but also on my big TV put it over the top.

The only annoyance is MLB's draconian blackout policy. If I'm away from the house and want to watch the Braves, I have to use my Slingbox instead of the MLB app because all local TV broadcasts are blocked. It should be a no-brainer for anyone who roots for a team out of the market they live in, though.

sounds awesome

I ponied up for the full subscription last year when they added MLB.tv support for the Apple TV, and it's great. Being able to watch not only on the the phone/iPad but also on my big TV put it over the top.

The only annoyance is MLB's draconian blackout policy. If I'm away from the house and want to watch the Braves, I have to use my Slingbox instead of the MLB app because all local TV broadcasts are blocked. It should be a no-brainer for anyone who roots for a team out of the market they live in, though.

agreed. I don't understand why I get blackout braves games in wpb.

If I knew you in real life, I'd wager you $100 that McCann ends up signing some sort of extension.

Only if he gives a hometown discount. Braves will not overpay for a catcher going into the second half of his career... and I don't blame them on that one. Freeman, Heyward, Beachy, Minor, Hansen, Venters, Kimbrel need locking up. It is a numbers game especially with Liberty Media

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back