John Chavis close to big-money deal

loyaleagle

Chavis, who won the Broyles Award last season as the nation's top assistant coach, is close to signing a contract that would pay him an average of $1.1 million over the next three years and make him one of the highest paid assistant coaches in college football.

LINK

I see this as running up the price to keep a quality DC.

I like John, but LSU is loaded with talent on defense. Just thought some of you older fans could shed light on this deal.

Is Chavis worth that much?

Reactions: 1 person
As good as he is, I don't think he's worth that much. And I don't think he's a better defensive coordinator than Kirby Smart.

Chavis, who won the Broyles Award last season as the nation's top assistant coach, is close to signing a contract that would pay him an average of $1.1 million over the next three years and make him one of the highest paid assistant coaches in college football.

LINK

I see this as running up the price to keep a quality DC.

I like John, but LSU is loaded with talent on defense. Just thought some of you older fans could shed light on this deal.

Is Chavis worth that much?

IMO for 1.1 million you better be the complete package, both a coach and a recruiter. Chavis quite frankly doesn't recruit, luckily for him Louisiana has enough talent that he can get away with this.

I could have sworn I saw LSU lose the NC game to an Alabama team that had McCarron throw dink-and-dunk passes all night.

Reactions: 3 people
I think Chavis is a better College. DC than Monte Kiffin.
He is one of the elite DC's. He deserves to be one of the higher paid DC's.

Reactions: 2 people
Hard to believe this is the same guy that used to ransack the 12th floor of Carrick his freshman and sophomore years (I was on the 10th floor). I could have never projected this by any stretch of my imagination.

Like someone else posted, LSU didn't lose because of defense.

And those who wanna say he's only doing a good job because all the talent only need check the LSU D the year before he got there. The year before he got there they were loaded with talent and were not that good. LSU fans love him because they saw first hand the turn around.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If UT did not have 3rd and Chavis, how bad would Fulmers record be?

His defense won many ballgames at UT.

Reactions: 3 people
If UT did not have 3rd and Chavis, how bad would Fulmers record be?

His defense won many ballgames at UT.

Exactly. I love how some wanna bash him and yet nation wide he is very well respected.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

VN Store

Back