What Buck Fitzgerald said

We are just going to have to agree to disagree on the whole changing the run blocking thing. I'm understating the importance of timing and you are exaggerating it. We'll never find a middle ground.

King Webb... Would you like to take this one? Having admitted that you're at a loss for what they should have changed; they just should have changed something... Will you accuse or defend them for changing something.
I already have. They took something that was working fine, and changed it because the ball was spinning the wrong direction.

I love the quotes like the one immediately above. Folks crucify our staff for attempting a (over-risky?) change in the offseason and refer to it as "completely unneeded", while also crucifying the staff for their win/loss record-- not just last year but the year before.
The only criticism of W/L record is from last season, when the staff seemed fine to trot out the same terrible offense for 75% of the season without adjusting to anything. Nobody, not even "negavols", crucify the staff on the first season (other than the LSU gaffe) .

Their argument is that results from year-before-last were unacceptable, while also making the argument that the blocking scheme change was "unneeded".

Some (Webb) also make the argument that they don't know what needed to be changed with the offense last year, but they should have changed something, while also claiming that a change made at center was "unnecessary".

But the offense wasn't a problem. You seem to have trouble in connecting that when things work, you don't need to change them just for the hell of it. The offense that Bray was running, when he took over two years ago, worked fine, and it was unneeded to change the offense. In that process, we lost any threat of a running game while we put maybe another TD on the board, while healthy. But should someone get hurt, we don't have a rushing attack to fall back on.

You are trying to compare things that aren't similar, at all.

Offense works fine = Let's change it and risk losing the rushing game

Stone snaps fine LH = Let's change him to RH, destroy all confidence, and hurt the team in the process just because the ball spun the wrong direction.

Offense loses best player and no rushing attack = Let's do absolutely nothing. Zack Rogers can take over for JH and all will be fine.

So what u r saying here is what I've been saying. I've said if we we win 7 games but are competitive in the games we r said to lose bama, fl, ugh, uscjr, then he should be fine. Just IMHO...

I agree with tNGlen when saying that none of us knows what the set goals between hart and cdd.

I was explaining myself really poorly. I don't think 7 will be enough. I made that initial statement like I know what Hart's got set up with Dooley, and obviously that's not true. It's all speculation. But, I do believe there have been some ultimatums.

I think if we go 8-4, and lose close to AL, FL, GA, SC I mentioned, Dooley will probably stick around, even though it won't feel like much of an accomplishment.

If we eek out wins against Mizzou, Vandy, Miss St, and KY, and get blown out by AL and any of FL, GA, SC, I don't think Hart will keep him around.

Just my opinion...

Again, much like the blocking scheme change, it was completely un-needed. Change it because the ball spun a different direction? Come on!

I don't understand it myself... someone seemed to think it was important.

If DD is a micromanager like some have suggested then I don't know what the reasoning was. If he was a delegator which seems to be consistent with other things I've seen in him then mismanagement of the OL overall is probably why Hiestand left.

I don't understand it myself... someone seemed to think it was important.

If DD is a micromanager like some have suggested then I don't know what the reasoning was. If he was a delegator which seems to be consistent with other things I've seen in him then mismanagement of the OL overall is probably why Hiestand left.

I'm surprised that Palardy hasn't been told to switch to kicking right footed.

Couldn't make him worse.

VN Store

Back