Jon Gruden on UT/Bray/Coaching

Is Gruden toyihg with us?

I mean, if he said he wanted the job and Dooley wasn't fired by the time he finished the sentence, we'd need another new AD.

Tony Dungy was the Bucs coach for how many years before Gruden got there?

If Tony Dungy didn't build that Bucs team as the head coach then who did?

FACT is that Gruden walked in and coached 1 good year WITH the team that Tony Dungy built and won a Superbowl.

FACT is that after that 1 good year the Bucs DID continue to go downhill with Gruden as their head coach.

FACT is that Gruden DID get fired because he could NOT keep a good team together and get wins consistently.

FACT is that when coaches get fired it's because they FAILED as the head coach and that is exactly what happened to Gruden after he consistently went downhill after 1 Superbowl season WITH Tony Dungys players.

Some people really hate and ignore proven facts around here.

I also find it interesting that since Gruden failed with the Bucs I haven't heard of even 1 team in college or the NFL offering him a head coaching job.

Being a talking head on TV doesn't always translate to becoming a good head coach at any level it just means they have some knowledge and can talk on tv and even Dennis Miller did that for awhile, LOL.

VFL...GBO!!!

FACT: head coaches in the NFL don't build teams.

Ever heard of general managers?

Nice rant... :crazy:

Reactions: 2 people
Tony Dungy was the Bucs coach for how many years before Gruden got there?

If Tony Dungy didn't build that Bucs team as the head coach then who did?

FACT is that Gruden walked in and coached 1 good year WITH the team that Tony Dungy built and won a Superbowl.

FACT is that after that 1 good year the Bucs DID continue to go downhill with Gruden as their head coach.

FACT is that Gruden DID get fired because he could NOT keep a good team together and get wins consistently.

FACT is that when coaches get fired it's because they FAILED as the head coach and that is exactly what happened to Gruden after he consistently went downhill after 1 Superbowl season WITH Tony Dungys players.

Some people really hate and ignore proven facts around here.

I also find it interesting that since Gruden failed with the Bucs I haven't heard of even 1 team in college or the NFL offering him a head coaching job.

Being a talking head on TV doesn't always translate to becoming a good head coach at any level it just means they have some knowledge and can talk on tv and even Dennis Miller did that for awhile, LOL.

VFL...GBO!!!

And it was Gruden's Raider team who he played.

FACT

Reactions: 1 person
FACT: If Gruden was announced as the next HFC at UT it would be the most anticipated event in UT football since Johnny Majors' return as HFC after winning the NC at Pitt.

Reactions: 1 person
would gruden consider the ut job in a few years after he gets tired of the espn gig??

I think floriDUHHH is where he wants to live.

Why would he want to quit a great paying job where he doesn't have to work hard at all to take over a college football program where he'll have very little free time at all?

He's on Easy street and I think he'll stay there as long as he can.

VFL...GBO!!!

I think floriDUHHH is where he wants to live.

Why would he want to quit a great paying job where he doesn't have to work hard at all to take over a college football program where he'll have very little free time at all?

He's on Easy street and I think he'll stay there as long as he can.

VFL...GBO!!!

Gruden is a football junkie and known for the long hours he worked studying film. I bet he works really hard at his job but Tampa is definitely a nice place to live and he is getting better in the booth. His QB Camp from the FFCA is probably the best thing on ESPN.

VN Store

Back