What Buck Fitzgerald said

I agree to a point! Yes it is put up or shut time and CDD knows that BUT it is the put up vs the shut up that is the debate. Only Hart knows what he wants to see and if he sees that then Dooley is fine if not then we will start over again. For me personally I wont be satisfied with just 8 wins but that will be enough to know we are stepping in the right direction still. Not to mention the personality and growth that the team shows throughout the year.

Understood... I would just expect that the standard has to be nine. If we're 8-4 but get blown out by AL, and lose to FL, GA, and SC it just doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment.

But I do agree that seeing how the team handles the games we're down in will be big.

Expound.

Do you think Dooley sticks around with a .500 season? Do you think he gets to stay if he goes 7-5, but loses to FL, GA, AL, SC, and either Mizzou or Miss St?

I think he needs to beat at least one of those four teams while winning at least eight games. I think that's what Hart expects... maybe I'm wrong.

What if he goes 7-5 or 8-4 and beats a Bama or SC or GA but loses to a Mizzou?

Nope, but I don't know what Hart or Dooley knows. And you certainly don't. I think he has to win 7 and be in all 12 at the end. I think he has to go to a bowl and win. That has been my opine all along. .500 and he is gone, don't think that is questionable. However, I don't call 7 reg and 1 bowl win "put up or shut up". I call it a marginal season that will suck but be good enough to keep him here 1 year.

Fair enough.

Reactions: 1 person
If second best in the SEC and top 10 nationally is mediocre to decent, a lot of teams should quit.

We had a good to awesome (more awesome) streak in the 90's but couldn't win the big one except for 98. Other than that, the last 35 years for me has been decent. Too many big wins have been washed away by Rutgers, Wyoming, etc. Don't try to put us at the level of Bama or Florida for the last 20 years, cause we aren't there nor have we been. I am hoping that we will be. I want to see another streak SIMILAR to the 90's but beating Bama and Florida more than they beat us.

We had a good to awesome (more awesome) streak in the 90's but couldn't win the big one except for 98. Other than that, the last 35 years for me has been decent. Too many big wins have been washed away by Rutgers, Wyoming, etc. DoPln't try to put us at the level of Bama or Florida for the last 20 years, cause we aren't there nor have we been. I am hoping that we will be. I want to see another streak SIMILAR to the 90's but beating Bama and Florida more than they beat us.
The thing that separates these teams from Tennessee is coaching.

Reactions: 1 person
No way he should return with a 7 win regular season.

So it doesn't matter who we beat or lose to as long as we win a certain number? That is what yo uare saying yet if we win 8 or 9 and lose to those same teams will you be complaining that he can't beat a "team we aren't suppose to beat"?

Unless there are significant injuries to critical players, there are 8 wins on this sked. If the team plays to (or even close to) potential, they should beat everyone except for Bama, UGA and USCe. UGA and USCe are winnable, though tough on the road. He could get a pass on those AND fluff MSU or Mizzou and still have 8 wins. Losing to UF at home or NCSU in the Dome will cause his seat to spontaneously combust. But I don't see that happening.

So it doesn't matter who we beat or lose to as long as we win a certain number? That is what yo uare saying yet if we win 8 or 9 and lose to those same teams will you be complaining that he can't beat a "team we aren't suppose to beat"?
7 wins means winning less games than our talent merits. Again.

If four of those five losses are to UF, UGA, USCe and Bama, I'm willing to bet neither his buyout nor an in-state bowl game will matter.

Understood... I would just expect that the standard has to be nine. If we're 8-4 but get blown out by AL, and lose to FL, GA, and SC it just doesn't seem like much of an accomplishment.

But I do agree that seeing how the team handles the games we're down in will be big.

So what u r saying here is what I've been saying. I've said if we we win 7 games but are competitive in the games we r said to lose bama, fl, ugh, uscjr, then he should be fine. Just IMHO...

I agree with tNGlen when saying that none of us knows what the set goals between hart and cdd.

VN Store

Back