Opinions on if we get 200 yards rushing in the O/W game

voldawgforever

And who will be the leading rusher?

Yes... Over 200.

And..

I'll take Rajion Neal, with NO fumbles.

I wasn't given a copy of the script, so I can't really answer.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

If the same person that announces the attendance is the one keeping stats then I'd say, "no problem." Just kidding...

All kidding aside, I am a little concerned over the learning curve for our defense. NC State has a pretty fair passer so I hope we can get assignments "learnt" before September.

The defense will dominate the game. They need to build confidence much more than the O does, Dooley knows this. There will be a few big plays but the D will shine over all. JMO

I mean Bray will probably have a poor outing and no rational fan is going to proclaim he needs replacement. The fact is the O&W game is a glorified practice and is more of a teaching tool and hype producer than anything worthy of basing predictions off.

Sure it would be nice to see the running game show out a little but, regardless of if it does or doesn't, it really won't provide much insight into what we can expect next season.

Reactions: 1 person
I mean Bray will probably have a poor outing and no rational fan is going to proclaim he needs replacement. The fact is the O&W game is a glorified practice and is more of a teaching tool and hype producer than anything worthy of basing predictions off.

Sure it would be nice to see the running game show out a little but, regardless of if it does or doesn't, it really won't provide much insight into what we can expect this season.

FYP :good!: Dont make it seem farther away than it is.

And who will be the leading rusher?

Yes... Over 200.

And..

I'll take Rajion Neal, with NO fumbles.

Doubtful we get 200. If we do Lane leads in yards. He will prob lead anyway. He's our best total package RB and holds onto the ball. I say Lane, Young and Neal in that order for rushing yards Sat.

Reactions: 1 person

Sure it would be nice to see the running game show out a little but, regardless of if it does or doesn't, it really won't provide much insight into what we can expect next season.

I doubt he has a poor outing unless its very windy and he has 8-10 drops like last O&W game. He wasn't as bad as his numbers showed last spring game. Plus he won't have his full allotment of Receivers like he will in the fall.

I just hope the passing game stays up to par. Even if the running game improves, we're going to have to win through the air this year.

if 200 yards rushing is achieved during the spring game, it simply means that rod wilks was showing his ability to be a team player and being merciful to anyone carrying a football.

Then our defense is worse than we ever thought.

This is the fallacy of the spring game. Playing against your own team could mean almost anything.

One of UK's units will look good against the other. One of Ole Miss' units will look better. One of Bama's will look better.

If the O plays well it could be that they're really good but the D is behind.... or at the opposite extreme it could mean the O stinks but the D stinks alot worse.

The coaches and some of the experienced players are the only ones that will know whether to worry or have confidence based on the spring. They probably won't say directly either way. You basically have to look for the meanings behind their "speak".

VN Store

Back