'13 FL RB Derrick Henry (Bama commit)

Henry is closer to 6'4.

I've seen him.

i always assumed he would be atleast that big by the end of the yr w/ atleast 150+lbs who knows if he can play rb just cuz your a little bigger doesnt mean anything especially in college

austin confirms Henry will be here this weekend

This is great news! Man, I would love to get Henry to flip and lock down Kamara...that would be a GREAT RB pull! Jay, you hearing anything down your way, as to our chances of flipping Henry?

Will he not be if he comes here?

DD probably is telling him the same thing that he told Cam Clear...he can stay at his current and recruited position as long as he stays below a certain weight. U guys remember JC Copeland that flipped on NSD to LSU? Would have been a great pick-up at DT for us. Currently is playing FB at LSU. Georgia will probably pull something similar w/ Henry, as many RBs that they already have. Probably will convert him to TE or DL/Jack. JMO.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I really don't know. All the "experts" say that he has outgrown the position but he did recently run a 4.5/40 and 4.1/shuttle at 240lbs

with his size I would let him play rb running 4.6- 4.7.
But 4.5 and especially 4.1 shuttle is nice for a big back.

I really don't know. All the "experts" say that he has outgrown the position but he did recently run a 4.5/40 and 4.1/shuttle at 240lbs

Look at Clear as an example...everyone was mainly offering him as a OL because of his size ut as of now we are letting him play TE. As of right now I think he will do well there. Why not give Henry a shot at RB. He would be like a fast moving Mack truck if his 40 times are correct. He would be hard to bring down and would ware down some defenses. I think it's a win/win.

"I've enjoyed getting to know the Tennessee program," Henry said. "Tennessee has my attention and I really like their coaches. I have them in the hunt and I'm ready to check them out again this weekend."

"It will be good to watch the spring game," Henry said. "I want to see what it's like and see how the fans are at Tennessee. Everyone tells me that it's an awesome place. I'm looking forward to spending time with the coaches and hanging with the players."

Henry did not attend the Georgia spring game last weekend. Henry begins his trip to Knoxville on Thursday night.

-VQ

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back